Now, these punks are begging for it? Where is the respect the "The LOGANING" brings, anymore? Dimension X is rolling, and will soon punish those that are not fearful.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Disappointed in the Oppo BD-105 Last post on 8/23/13 at 12:28pm in Blu-ray Players
- How do I convert over-under 3D content to Side-by-side 3D ? Last post on 8/27/12 at 6:33pm in 3D Content
- What is so speciial about a $500 Blue-ray Player? Last post on 2/12/13 at 12:04am in Blu-ray Players
- Amazon Instant Video vs. Netflix Quality Last post on 3/15/13 at 1:43pm in Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion
- Cheapest 3D blu ray Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:19am in 3D Content
Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray
Last edited: 2/24/14
- Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day Date NightLast edited: 2/10/14
- AVS Buying Guide CentralLast edited: 12/20/13
- AVS Forum's Top 7 Blu-ray PlayersLast edited: 1/9/14
- 25 Top Blu-ray releases for 2012Last edited: 9/24/13
Need motivation? Get "LOGANED" - Page 121post #3601 of 36279/5/13 at 4:15am
AVS Top Pickspost #3602 of 36279/5/13 at 6:12amThread Starterpost #3603 of 36279/5/13 at 6:19amThread StarterGeek -
Where the H-E-Double-Hockey Sticks is your thread? If you think I'm going to find my thread, then find your post just to click on YOUR thread, you are sadly mistaken and I may just have to UN-LOGAN you.
I need to see some progress pictures and I'm NOT talking about potty training progress.
First page or bust!
Edited by tlogan6797 - 9/5/13 at 7:32ampost #3604 of 36279/5/13 at 2:57pmQuote:
It is hard to tell from this picture you posted of your bar chairs, but it looks like the seat cushion sticks out further than the feet. So I don't think you would need to worry about the chairs damaging the finish on the bar.
If you really do need something and can't find the metal foot rail at a price you like, I have seen some people build out the bottom of the bar with wood to make the foot 'rail' instead of using the metal rails. It is more work but I think I would look nice with the bar design you have.post #3605 of 36279/5/13 at 3:05pmpost #3606 of 36279/6/13 at 5:59amThread StarterWhat I'm most concerned about is if you get the chair in too close and then swivel, the arms can hit the bar skin below the top.
The legs kind of spread out at the bottom. If a chair happend to have one of the legs pointed right at the bar and gets pushed all the way in, it can hit the bar too.
I'll have to see how it goes once they start getting really used.post #3607 of 36279/6/13 at 6:28ampost #3608 of 36279/6/13 at 6:49amThread Starterpost #3609 of 36279/6/13 at 10:06ampost #3610 of 36279/6/13 at 10:31amThread Starterpost #3611 of 36279/10/13 at 1:05pmpost #3612 of 36279/19/13 at 1:19pmpost #3613 of 36279/20/13 at 12:46pmThread Starterpost #3614 of 36279/23/13 at 1:37pmQuote:
Me?! Repeat myself?! Could it be?! After casually posting hundreds of silly pictures in hundreds of different threads over a period of about 5 years?! Repeat myself?!
AS IF !!
I agree 100% with you about the dead thread thing, but there is a strange and mysterious top secret universal truth about build threads that transcends even Dimension X:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Still, I keep trying to let my sorry excuse of a build thread die a semi-dignified death. I really do. But ...
Keep 'er going, Tom.post #3615 of 36279/24/13 at 6:50amThread Starterpost #3616 of 362711/11/13 at 8:34amThread Starter
HEY ALL! Long time no post. So......circumstances have occurred such that as of Nov 1, 2013, I am among the ranks of the unemployed. Which gives me PLENTY of time to finish my theater. So a few update pics. Again, I haven't been doing NOTHING......
I built a "door" for the equipment closet. It's really just a frame covered in GOM, but it blends right in. Also added a few shelves for DVD/BR storage.
I've pretty well completed the bar area....
There is still some trim, lipstick and mascara but I'm holding on that until I can make a final pass through the entire basement.
So, on to the FINAL PHASE! The entry/hallways. Here are a few before pics.
The tool monster....
The doorless closets.....
The sanding room/hallways to storage area....
And I want to build a display shelf above the entrance to the bar/theater area.
Well, you get the idea. I've managed to clear out enough space in the garage to move the Tool Monster up to the garage. From this point on, all the power tools are in the garage, so any major cutting, routing, sanding, etc will be done there.
I'kl try update as more progress is made.post #3617 of 362711/12/13 at 7:27ampost #3618 of 362711/12/13 at 10:18ampost #3619 of 362711/12/13 at 11:28ampost #3620 of 362711/14/13 at 4:27pmpost #3621 of 36273/3/14 at 6:01pmpost #3622 of 36273/4/14 at 10:54amInterested to see how the Tom Logan theater project is coming.
I have moved on to electrical, I've gotten an inspection done, put in insulation. One of my current hurdles is trying to figure out how I am going to wire up my outlets since the exterior wall I was going to run it through is load bearing and they threw a bunch of extra studs in at random intervals. I may just run it in the ceiling and down down for each outlet.
Also, completely unsure what to do with my return air situation. The easiest way would to to run it directly from the return air duct, but that would incorporate no sound proofing and put a massive penetration into my sound shell.post #3623 of 36273/4/14 at 12:49pmI visited Tom's place last week. He is alive and well burning his hours on the projector with great regularity, he is down to a few finishing touches in the surrounding spaces but you know what happens once the theater is functional, remaining work happens at a snails pace, I know from personal experience, I still haven't finished my basement bathroom.post #3624 of 36273/4/14 at 4:28pmpost #3625 of 36273/6/14 at 8:39amThread StarterHey Tom,
How are you doing, any updates either on the theater or the job front? Inquiring minds want to know.
Well, since you asked...
No luck on the job front yet. Been throwing out 50-100 resumes a week. It's TOUGH out there right now. Anyway, been doing some work in the basement as money permits. As Big says, it's mostly the small stuff now with the exception of putting in the 4 doors and carpeting the stairs. And I think they may both have to wait until the job situation changes. I'm thinking I may go ahead and paint the stairs in the short term. Here's the latest....
Painted stairway and rest of hallways....(oooo, crappy focus!)
For reference....half the floor in...
View from same spot...rest of the floor in....(and you can see the rest of it in above pics)
Added a display shelf above entrance to theater/bar area.
trimmed out the bar....(still need to make cabinet doors one of these days!)
So I still need to add the baseboards and quarter round in the hallways, but don't want to do that until the doors are in. Still need a little cleanup in the bathroom and but it's really all minor stuff. Been using the theater almost every Friday and Saturday. Catching up on a LOT of movies!
Also, had another scare on the subwoofer...thought it was dead but turned out it was just a fuse and cost me $3 for a 4-pack at the Shack.post #3626 of 36273/7/14 at 7:27amThread Starter
Thought I'd add some door sealing stats....
One of my other little projects was to fix the installation of that heavy door leading to the furnace room. I screwed up the initial install and basically cut everything out a started over. When I was finished, I took some measurements using the sound meter app on my phone. Probably not precise by any means, but gives a pretty good idea of the results.
All measurements were for 15 seconds about 2 feet from the door.
Door installed (and closing correctly!), not sealed, fan only:
After Sealing (weather stripping and insulate and caulk the frame, fan only, but still no casing and no bottom seal)
OPEN: 59/60 (makes sense, right?)
With the Furnace ON:
Unfortunately I didn't get a reading with furnace ON and not sealed. (Oh, well, you can't have EVERYTHING. Where would you put it). The numbers may look big, but in reality, the seats are another 15 feet away, so the drop off is pretty significant. Hmmm....sounds like another test is needed from the seated position. The noise doesn't really bother me unless there is a passage that's REALLY quiet and the furnace is on.
Overall, it's not an issue. It IS one of the compromises I knew I would have to make in my small space and open concept layout. Once I get the casing up, I'll take some new measurements just to see if it makes a significant difference.post #3627 of 36273/7/14 at 8:39am
- Need motivation? Get "LOGANED"
AVS Top Picks
- Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day Date Night
- › 235 Build 17 seconds ago
- › Monitor Audio Owners Thread 36 seconds ago
- › DAC Comparison 55 seconds ago
- › 2014 NTSC 100% high color gamut panels using red phospher 1 minute ago
- › Sub $1000 projector w/ plasma quality blacks and color 1 minute ago
- › Official ZT60 Owners Thread 1 minute ago
- › The **OFFICIAL** Marantz SR5008, SR6008 and SR7008 AV Receiver... 1 minute ago
- › "Official" Emotiva UMC-200 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer 8G 9G Kuro Reset Guide *Updated 2014-02-23* 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Xbox One thread... 2 minutes ago
- › Polk Audio RTI A7 Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Cherry) by mdaleavs
- › Microvision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pico Projector (AA0123600-020) by enjoi7
- › Xbox One Console - Day One Edition by ajones13
- › Nintendo 3DS XL - Blue/Black by JulianPope
- › PlayStation 4 Console by BenMonkey
- › Wii by JulianPope
- › Behringer B215XL Passive Speaker Pair by imagic
- › Atari 5200 - Video Game Console (System) by PGTweed
- › PlayStation Vita - WiFi by JulianPope
- › Nintendo 64 System - Video Game Console by JulianPope
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe