or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Blu-ray Imports (General discussion, announcements and retailers)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Blu-ray Imports (General discussion, announcements and retailers) - Page 39

post #1141 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMOTA View Post

Looks like the Mexico and UK one are different. The kids played this on the PS3, and Panasonic BD player with no issue..

Isn't Mexico in Region A?

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #1142 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccurdy View Post

Isn't Mexico in Region A?


Yes sir. Which goes to my original post. I believe the Mexico release is the same pressing that got pulled for the US and is now scheduled for next year. All the writing on the two discs are in English and of course English gets DTS-MA while the other language tracks are lossy...
post #1143 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMOTA View Post

Yes sir. Which goes to my original post. I believe the Mexico release is the same pressing that got pulled for the US and is now scheduled for next year. All the writing on the two discs are in English and of course English gets DTS-MA while the other language tracks are lossy...

Is there a webstore located in Mexico, someone from the USA can order this?
post #1144 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz3fwd View Post

Is there a webstore located in Mexico, someone from the USA can order this?

Sorry none that I know of.. I actually bought it at Wal-Mart. Yes Wal-Mart is in Mexico. They also had Stardust, but I just had a hard time paying 26 for it at this time. Interestingly enough I saw at least 4 Charlie Chaplin movies on blu ray also being sold there.
post #1145 of 1368
Could anyone comment as to whether Optimum's english language release of 'The Big Blue' is region locked or playable on N. American players? It's currently avail on Amazon.uk. Thanks in advance.

http://www.optimumreleasing.com/dvd.php?id=1155
post #1146 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientcafe View Post

Could anyone comment as to whether Optimum's english language release of 'The Big Blue' is region locked or playable on N. American players? It's currently avail on Amazon.uk. Thanks in advance.

http://www.optimumreleasing.com/dvd.php?id=1155

It is locked to region B.
post #1147 of 1368
Goshdarn-it anyhow ....thanks for the clarification 'mccurdy'
post #1148 of 1368
Any one know if Die Hard With A Vengence AUS release is uncut with all the extras and playable in region B?
post #1149 of 1368
I bought the Black Shield of Falworth on Amazon.uk which is region free. I got an e-mail promoting Prince Valiant. Will I be ble to play that on my PS3 here in the States.
post #1150 of 1368
What's a good Dutch site I can order Blade 1 BD from? I have the Canadian rls as i live there and its a horrible BD.
post #1151 of 1368
post #1152 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMan69 View Post

What's a good Dutch site I can order Blade 1 BD from? I have the Canadian rls as i live there and its a horrible BD.

Is it true that the Canadian release of Blade II is much better (in terms of PQ/AQ) than the Blade I release?
post #1153 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post

Is it true that the Canadian release of Blade II is much better (in terms of PQ/AQ) than the Blade I release?

It's OAR, so it has that going for it. I don't own it, but I've read on these forums that it's a nice-looking disc with good audio. No bonus features, though.
post #1154 of 1368
Cool. Thanks for the info. Bonus features rarely mean much to me anyway.
post #1155 of 1368
The Prisoner (The new show with 6 episodes) is Region B locked. Won't play on the Pioneer Elite, but it does play on the LG BH200 which I've set to Region B.
post #1156 of 1368
Can someone here tell me if there are any picture and or audio differences between the US and UK versions of Inglorious Bastards and the Simpsons Movie?

Thx!
post #1157 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post

Can someone here tell me if there are any picture and or audio differences between the US and UK versions of Inglorious Bastards and the Simpsons Movie?

Thx!

Inglourious Basterds is the same disc as the US. I don't know about the Simpsons Movie but it's probably pretty much the same except Region B locked.
post #1158 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekkou View Post

Inglourious Basterds is the same disc as the US. I don't know about the Simpsons Movie but it's probably pretty much the same except Region B locked.

What makes you think that the Simpsons movie is the same?
post #1159 of 1368
I'm having trouble with Mediadis. Ordered 4 BD's, got a shipping notice for 2. Was charged for all 4 and asked 3 times for status on the order. No response and it's been over a week.

Have any US customers had luck with this place recently? I'm hope I'm not screwed!
post #1160 of 1368
I haven't seen this mentioned, but Yes Asia lists Azumi and Returner on BD (Taiwan versions). Oddly, I can't find them on CDJapan or Amazon.jp. We'll see how they look. It HAS to be better than my DVD of Returner.
J
post #1161 of 1368

How long does it usually take the freerecordshop to ship out there items? I placed an order for Blade I and I have not received any shipping notice or anything since the initial order confirmation.
post #1162 of 1368
I've ordered several discs from freerecordshop and never rec'd any confirmation emails. Their website is also useless for tracking an order. Nevertheless, I've never had any problems receiving discs from them. Usually they ship within a few days from
order placement.
post #1163 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J View Post

I haven't seen this mentioned, but Yes Asia lists Azumi and Returner on BD (Taiwan versions). Oddly, I can't find them on CDJapan or Amazon.jp. We'll see how they look. It HAS to be better than my DVD of Returner.
J

Most of the Taiwan BDs are upconverted DVDs:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/asia/125989...lu-rays-3.html

Returner BD is also in the wrong aspect ratio according to the link above.
post #1164 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post

Most of the Taiwan BDs are upconverted DVDs:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/asia/125989...lu-rays-3.html

Returner BD is also in the wrong aspect ratio according to the link above.

Damn! Wished I had known that.
J
post #1165 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post

I've ordered several discs from freerecordshop and never rec'd any confirmation emails. Their website is also useless for tracking an order. Nevertheless, I've never had any problems receiving discs from them. Usually they ship within a few days from
order placement.

Thanks for the heads up. I would agree there website is useless for tracking an order.
post #1166 of 1368
Can anyone comment on this latest (June 2nd, 2010) aussie BD release of 'The Big Blue: Director's Suite'? I'm wondering about language options & PQ. Altho it's region B, I have 2 other region B titles (Once Were Warriors & Rob Roy) from Australia that play fine on my N. American standalones (Panny & Oppo). Optimum's (U.K.) english language BD is apparently region B-locked.

Here's the link to one aussie e-tailer...
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/812724
post #1167 of 1368
Are MGM releases from Germany usually region coded? Kalifornia comes out on Blu-ray on June 25th and I'd rather not wait for the USA release in August.

I'm sure I will just buy it anyway, regardless but would have to play in on my LG BH200 if it is Region B ... and that's not the best player I have.
post #1168 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post

What makes you think that the Simpsons movie is the same?

I know that this is a very late response but it ought to be pretty much the same because the same studio released it in both regions using the same master in the same codec and with very similar bitrates. The US version is slightly higher (~35mbps vs. ~33mbps) but considering how high they both are and the nature of the animation there should be no discernible difference.
post #1169 of 1368
Is that bitrate inclusive or exclusive of subtitles? Because I think the UK disc has more subtitle tracks than the U.S. version. Could that account for the difference?
post #1170 of 1368
Does anyone keep a list anywhere that shows which import disks are all region? Did anyone ever determine what regions the German Italian Job plays in? I did a search and found that the question was asked, but apparently never answered.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Blu-ray Imports (General discussion, announcements and retailers)