or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Blu-ray Imports (General discussion, announcements and retailers)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Blu-ray Imports (General discussion, announcements and retailers) - Page 4

post #91 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp View Post

The Infernal Affairs Boxset is now available for preorder @ DDDHouse
http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_d...ProductID=8509

Release date is May 20.

Damn it. Sneaker I hate you so much right now, but you rock too much for me to stay mad. I didn't need to spend anything else.

For $66 the price is right. The sequels have MA tracks. Schwing.
I can't say no to a box set. How much is the shipping usually?

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #92 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrage View Post

Damn it. Sneaker I hate you so much right now, but you rock too much for me to stay mad. I didn't need to spend anything else.

For $66 the price is right. The sequels have MA tracks. Schwing.
I can't say no to a box set. How much is the shipping usually?

Don't hate the messenger...

Shipping is HK$30 to Europe and the US, at least that's what stated in the checkout screen with the trilogy in the cart.
post #93 of 1368
Ankündigungen: 20th Century Fox Planungen bis Ende Jahr

Twentieth Century Fox wird bis Ende 2008 noch einige interessante Titel auf Blu-ray veröffentlichen. Bisher waren nur einige wenige Titel wie 'Juno' oder 'Meine Frau, die Spartaner und ich' bekannt, wir können euch jetzt aber schon einen ersten Blick auf die geplanten Titel bis Dezember 2008 geben. Bisher sind folgende Neu- und Katalogtitel geplant:

15. August: Juno
15. August: I, Robot
15. August: Der Teufel trägt Prada
15. August: Wächter der Nacht
15. August: Wächter des Tages
22. August: Meine Frau, die Spartaner und ich

05. September: 27 Dresses

17. Oktober: Verrückt nach Mary

07. November: Love Vegas ('What Happens in Vegas')
07. November: Shutter - Sie sehen dich
14. November: Walk the Line
14. November: Braveheart (2-Disc Set)
28. November: Street Kings
post #94 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp View Post

The Infernal Affairs Boxset is now available for preorder @ DDDHouse
http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_d...ProductID=8509

Release date is May 20.

I would have picked this up if it had the re-edited cut of all three films put together like my uber DVD set has. I already have 1 and 2 on BD and I'm not a huge fan of the third film so I'm gonna have to pass on this. Great price though!
post #95 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post

I would have picked this up if it had the re-edited cut of all three films put together like my uber DVD set has. I already have 1 and 2 on BD and I'm not a huge fan of the third film so I'm gonna have to pass on this. Great price though!

As hard as I try. I just can't get into any of the IA films...I want so badly to like them...

As for me, I think I'll be picking up Django Western and Invisible Target from Xploited.

And I'll definitely be waiting for the criterion 400 blows..
post #96 of 1368
That's a great price for all 3 internal affairs. Just ordered mine. Thanks for the heads up.
post #97 of 1368
Got my preorder in for IA trilogy but much like most ppl I really didnt need this to come out now given I just got The Machinist on bd from Germany and I'll be getting [REC] from Spain new week!
post #98 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp View Post

Don't hate the messenger...

Wow. An AVS member with the name(almost) of one of the best unknown bands around!
post #99 of 1368
France:

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - August 13th, 2008.
post #100 of 1368
Hi All,
This was one of my childhood favorites and some int'l sites (I am in USA), have it on pre-order. However, I've not been able to determine if it will be region free. If anyone finds out, with a definitive source/link to answer that question, please contact me.

Thanks!
Sariena
post #101 of 1368
pretty good international release list here:

http://www.releaselists.com/BLURAYInternational.html
post #102 of 1368
Hey Me-UK-yes, I used that site too, and linked from there on the left bottom it has a Region Code website http://www.blurayregioncodes.com/, in case anyone has not seen this yet.
post #103 of 1368
RE: Neverending Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarienanj View Post

Hi All,
This was one of my childhood favorites and some int'l sites (I am in USA), have it on pre-order. However, I've not been able to determine if it will be region free. If anyone finds out, with a definitive source/link to answer that question, please contact me.

Thanks!
Sariena

and I JUST purchased the standard snapper R1 edition - drat! Has this been remixed to 5.1 sound?
post #104 of 1368
Giles, unfortunately I can't even find the specs anywhere..strange since it's supposed to come out in a few days...
post #105 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgans316 View Post

Ankündigungen: 20th Century Fox Planungen bis Ende Jahr
14. November: Walk the Line

I have been waiting for this one! And with it being Fox, we can hope for DTS-MA audio!!! OH YEAH!!!!
post #106 of 1368
Giles, what's the "snapper" edition?
post #107 of 1368
The "snapper" is the WB cases in the papper covers with a plastic "snap". They are allright but can fall apart. WB used them for along while before going to normal cases
post #108 of 1368
Gotcha,same SD I have...
post #109 of 1368
UK:
Cliffhanger is one of many titles coming from Optimum:

On July 14th 2008 The Orphanage [2007]

On July 28th Son Of Rambow [2007]

On August 4th 2008 Cliffhanger [1992], Total Recall [1990], Terminator 2 - Judgment Day [1991] and Stargate [1994], First Blood [1982], Rambo - First Blood Part 2 [1985] and Rambo 3 [1988]

On August 11th John Carpenter movies - Escape From New York [1981] and The Fog [1979].

Tartan also has a release - on August 25th, 2008 the horror movie P2 [2007].
post #110 of 1368
Looks like some great upcomming movies
post #111 of 1368
Has anyone heard whether the new Stones Blu Ray coming out from Amazon France will have English Language or subs?!!
post #112 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post

Has anyone heard whether the new Stones Blu Ray coming out from Amazon France will have English Language or subs?!!

um, I am under the impression this blu contains two full concerts (Austin Texas and Rio) in which case why would they dub it? There is a trailer of the sd dvd version on amazon.co.uk (which i assume the blu will contains the same material).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rolling-Ston.../dp/B000S6LT42
post #113 of 1368
Some of the specs for The Neverending Story are :

Widescreen 1080P VC-1
DTS-HD Master Audio English
Dolby Digital English
Dutch subtitles (Optional)

Can't realy say for sure that the Master Audio track is 5.1 but I think the dolby one will be.
Will post more when I get the disc.
post #114 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by me-uk View Post

um, I am under the impression this blu contains two full concerts (Austin Texas and Rio) in which case why would they dub it? There is a trailer of the sd dvd version on amazon.co.uk (which i assume the blu will contains the same material).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rolling-Ston.../dp/B000S6LT42

Reason I had asked was that I found it on another site for pre order and it stated that "english language or subs are not guaranteed". Thought I'd check but I agree they wouldn't dub the Stones. I already have the 4 DVD Box set but thought the Blu Ray would be cool to own. Thanks again!!
post #115 of 1368
France:

Iron Man will be release in France on October 30th, 2008.

Speed Racer will be released December 18th, 2008.

Seuls Two - Eric & Ramzy will be released on Blu-ray December 26th, 2008.
post #116 of 1368
Don't know if this is region free or not, but I found Diary of the Dead

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diary-Dead-B.../dp/B001563I6G

June 30th 2008.
post #117 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phloyd View Post

UK:

On August 4th 2008 Cliffhanger [1992], Total Recall [1990], Terminator 2 - Judgment Day [1991] and Stargate [1994], First Blood [1982], Rambo - First Blood Part 2 [1985] and Rambo 3 [1988]
.

Is this the version of T2 that was released in Germany? Or just the barebones one?
post #118 of 1368
Has anyone imported the Japanese BD of Sukiyaki Django Western. Im mainly asking because I can get it much cheaper on DVD than on imported BD and if the PQ isnt much higher I wouldnt mind saying 20 or so bones.
post #119 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post

Don't know if this is region free or not, but I found Diary of the Dead

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diary-Dead-B.../dp/B001563I6G

June 30th 2008.

probably isn't

optimum home entertainment has region locked most (if not all) of their releases so far
post #120 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsigley View Post

probably isn't

optimum home entertainment has region locked most (if not all) of their releases so far

They have only released Wolf Creek and Pan's Labyrinth thus far. Wolf Creek was locked but Pans Lab (more recent) was region free. I'd say its a wait and see but wouldnt be surprised if it is was region free.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Blu-ray Imports (General discussion, announcements and retailers)