I have found that any capture setting other than the default setting will tigger TME to re-encode when making an AVCHD DVD Disc, and also if you use
the Cutting Room. I use the following procedures, as the best way to edit and make AVCHD DVD Disc without re-encoding with the Hauppauge HD PVR captures.
1. Capture with default settings
2. Make a AVCHD DVD Disc with TME & output the BDMV to Hard Disc.
3. Under BDMV/Streams you will find the input capture footage as
00000, 00001, 00002 .....
4. I use Corel Video Studio 11.5 Plus software to edit the Streams(no re-encoding).
5. Use TME again to make the final AVCHD DVD Disc with the edited streams(no re-encding).