After much loafing around and promises to get back in the game it has finally happened. Progress!!!
Not as much as I would have liked, but I had a honey do item that took up way to much time on Saturday vs. the other way around.
I bought a 12 foot length of PVC lumber.
The reason I went with the PVC lumber as some of you may know is that it is very pliable and flexible. Since my false wall is curved this is ideal.
In the pics above I had already cut a strip and remembered I needed pics.
This stuff cuts like butter and I was able to cut 4 strips of 1.25" on a wide 5.5" wide piece.
Originally I was going to make 3 panels for the lower section of the wall, but I decided to take a chance and see I could get away with making a single panel for the lower section. So I cut the lengths to fit wall to wall.
Since this stuff is so pliable I needed to add verticals all the way accross.
Saturday afternoon I got a chance to spray the front of the frame black to ensure no white would bleed thru.
Then Sunday in the evening I managed to attach the fabric
I started in the middle.
Then I went to each side
Then I went back to middle and started working my way over in each direction switching off top to bottom.
When I got to the corners I was very careful to make the sides clean because it was such a tight fit on the wall so the one fold is on the top and bottom. Overall though I was able to make it lye very flat.
Finally after what felt like a million staples, I was able to finish it off.
Here it is pre-install
And then friction fit into place, unfortunately it does such a good job blacking out the space that I am having trouble getting a good pic of the panel in place.
I may place a couple of dabs of velcro (just to be certain) but it holds itself in place quite well.
I still need to make the 2 side panels and make thin strip to wrap in fabric to go over the screen, but seeing how nice my first panel turned out has got me really motivated to keep going. Hope you guys like it.