or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LNXXA550 Calibration/Settings Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official LNXXA550 Calibration/Settings Thread - Page 12

post #331 of 3237
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef jer View Post

to each there own. enjoy your 650

I agree.

I have just been trying to inform users of what the standard is for film and what to expect from a professional calibration. It is not my fault people have gotten used to the oversaturated junk. Thanks cripsy for posting your settings. I will no longer post any of my settings as they seem to be useless for the majority of people that like "Dynamic" oversaturated pictures.

Cya guys around. Enjoy your TV.
post #332 of 3237
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsiderwv View Post

I agree.

I have just been trying to inform users of what the standard is for film and what to expect from a professional calibration. It is not my fault people have gotten used to the oversaturated junk. Thanks cripsy for posting your settings. I will no longer post any settings as they seem to be useless for the majority of people that like "Dynamic" oversaturated pictures.

Cya guys around. Enjoy your TV.

+1
post #333 of 3237
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef jer View Post

+1

+2
post #334 of 3237
hey plasmaowner, check thebegining's new "STANDARD" based settings, me and thebegining think its now actually better than the Dynamic setting we were using before, give it a shot man
post #335 of 3237
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa View Post

hey plasmaowner, check thebegining's new "STANDARD" based settings, me and thebegining think its now actually better than the Dynamic setting we were using before, give it a shot man

You can either try it with Edge Enhancer on or off. Really didn't make a different from what I noticed. I wouldn't use the 1499 settings, just because its from last yrs models. Those were completely different from these panels. I would try either Cripsy's or my new standard settings.

STANDARD
Backlight = 5,6
Contrast = 87
Brightness = 47
Sharpness = 20
Color = 53
Tint = G55/R45

DETAILED SETTINGS

Black Adjust = Low
Dynamic Contrast = High
Gamma = 0
Color Space = Auto
Flesh Tone = 0
Edge Enhancement = On or Off
Xycc = Off

WHITE BALANCE

R-Offset = 23
G-Offset = 28
B-Offset = 17
R-Gain = 31
G-Gain = 24
B-Gain = 37

PICTURE OPTIONS

Color Tone = Normal
Size = Just Scan (I use 16:9 for most TV watching, Just Scan for games and HD-DVD/DVD)
Digital N/R = Off
DNIE = Off Greyed out
HDMI Black Level = (Works on HDMI only) Not component like outsider said
Film Mode = Auto
Blue Mode = Off
post #336 of 3237
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsiderwv View Post

I agree.

I have just been trying to inform users of what the standard is for film and what to expect from a professional calibration. It is not my fault people have gotten used to the oversaturated junk. Thanks cripsy for posting your settings. I will no longer post any of my settings as they seem to be useless for the majority of people that like "Dynamic" oversaturated pictures.

Cya guys around. Enjoy your TV.

Ther eare plenty of us that don't like dynamic, we are just a quiet bunch, quite like standard vs dynamic Do keep us updated if you find any nice settings.
post #337 of 3237
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post

Ther eare plenty of us that don't like dynamic, we are just a quiet bunch, quite like standard vs dynamic Do keep us updated if you find any nice settings.

Will do.
post #338 of 3237
@outsider, your moving settings are intriguing I haven't seen any settings for that, I'll give it a shot.

@beginning. I'll try yours too.

Xycc is ALWAYS greyed out for me, when should it be available? What does it really do anyway?
post #339 of 3237
New to HDTV= Dynamic mode
post #340 of 3237
I found standard or movie mode is best , dnie is great for greens/ blues but is way too blue and really messed up the reds / oranges. Ill try begginnings white settings hopefully we can get this thing the perfect calibration soon.
post #341 of 3237
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez82 View Post

I found standard or movie mode is best , dnie is great for greens/ blues but is way too blue and really messed up the reds / oranges. Ill try begginnings white settings hopefully we can get this thing the perfect calibration soon.

I like DNIe for certain things not all. I think my new settings are very balanced and seem to look fantastic on every source. Which is a plus!

Colors seem to be very accurate, and blacks are much deeper now. Whites are also white too!
post #342 of 3237
My putzing around with Wii colours isn't going anywhere, I thought I had something good with turning down sharpness to 5 and colour up to 85 using beginning's settings but the picture really is lacking fidelity, surely 480p has to look at least halfway decent right?

AGAIN I BEG does anyone have any good settings for the crappy Wii and BAD signal analog cable?
post #343 of 3237
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph00p View Post

My putzing around with Wii colours isn't going anywhere, I thought I had something good with turning down sharpness to 5 and colour up to 85 using beginning's settings but the picture really is lacking fidelity, surely 480p has to look at least halfway decent right?

AGAIN I BEG does anyone have any good settings for the crappy Wii and BAD signal analog cable?

i found dynamic made analog pop more but with some black crush
post #344 of 3237
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph00p View Post

My putzing around with Wii colours isn't going anywhere, I thought I had something good with turning down sharpness to 5 and colour up to 85 using beginning's settings but the picture really is lacking fidelity, surely 480p has to look at least halfway decent right?

AGAIN I BEG does anyone have any good settings for the crappy Wii and BAD signal analog cable?

I posted some xbox 360 settings a few posts back. I use them for my Wii as well and they look good.
post #345 of 3237
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa View Post

hey plasmaowner, check thebegining's new "STANDARD" based settings, me and thebegining think its now actually better than the Dynamic setting we were using before, give it a shot man

I may check them out too but I'm very very pleased with his dynamic settings! Let me tell you, the picture just looks absolutely stunning! My son and I watched Spiderman 3 last night and both our jaws just hit the floor! Many here have it stuck in there heads that you can't have a natural picture with dynamic settings. This is not true. The picture I'm getting with these settings look very natural and pleasing to the eye. The picture is just much more clear and vibrant, has more pop and there's much more detail! And the colors are not over-saturated and look very natural. I can't stress enough about the level of detail I'm getting with these settings. Its just insane, especially the shadow detail. And this also applies to all the games I have such as GOW, Condemned 1&2, Bioshock, DOA4, Halo3, and GTA4. I know I don't have the same set that yall have so just maybe that has something to do with it. And I'm also using the 120hz feature my set has on medium which makes the picture just come alive.

But like its been said before, to each his own . I hope all of you enjoy your sets no matter which settings you choose!
post #346 of 3237
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmaowner View Post

I may check them out too but I'm very very pleased with his dynamic settings! Let me tell you, the picture just looks absolutely stunning! My son and I watched Spiderman 3 last night and both our jaws just hit the floor! Many here have it stuck in there heads that you can't have a natural picture with dynamic settings. This is not true. The picture I'm getting with these settings look very natural and pleasing to the eye. The picture is just much more clear and vibrant, has more pop and there's much more detail! And the colors are not over-saturated and look very natural. I can't stress enough about the level of detail I'm getting with these settings. Its just insane, especially the shadow detail. And this also applies to all the games I have such as GOW, Condemned 1&2, Bioshock, DOA4, Halo3, and GTA4. I know I don't have the same set that yall have so just maybe that has something to do with it. And I'm also using the 120hz feature my set has on medium which makes the picture just come alive.

But like its been said before, to each his own . I hope all of you enjoy your sets no matter which settings you choose!

It's not dynamic that is the problem, it is DNIe.
post #347 of 3237
is there really a difference between 60hz and 120hz? please be honest.
post #348 of 3237
The only difference that can be noticeable is if you were on a standard cable connection (non-hd) and the signal wasn't to great. On a 60hz set you would see a continuous cycling of the picture, it like a visual tear on the screen, the picture is refreshing slowly; however, on the 120hz set you will see no tearing and it will look evened out. However, if the source of the picture was HD, there is no noticeable difference. (Well this is according to my experience of seeing it in person at the store).
post #349 of 3237
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa View Post

is there really a difference between 60hz and 120hz? please be honest.

Most definitely. In many movies such as Cars and Pirates of the Caribbean, theres a huge difference between 60 and 120hz. The picture is crystal clear and very clean. It also adds/creates much more depth, giving it an incredible three dimensional pop. Its not for everyone though but I really like it. I was using the low settings at first but switched to medium as it looks better to me overall for movies and games.

You have to see it for yourself to get a better idea. I would say the LN52A650 is hands down the best 120hz display out there.... for now
post #350 of 3237
Hey can some body say again, what are the good settings for Sports.
Thx ahead.
post #351 of 3237
thank you for all the great settings guys
post #352 of 3237
These are my settings for HDMI on my 46A558 (european model). Should be near D6500 and 2.2. Please try them out and tell me what you think.

Mode: Movie
Backlight: 3
Contrast: 92
Brightness: 47
Sharpness: 12
Colour: 50
Tint: G53/R47
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Black Adjust: Off
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Gamma: 0
Colour Space: Custom
Red: R52 - G3 - B0
Green: R6 - G50 - B0
Blue: R2 - G0 - B50
Yellow: R52 - G51 - B0
Cyan: R1 - G50 - B51
Magenta: R50 - G0 - B50
White Balance:
R-Offset: 26
G-Offset: 25
B-Offset: 25
R-Gain: 20
G-Gain: 25
B-Gain: 25
Flesh Tone:0
Edge Enhancement: Off
xvYCC: Off (Grey Out)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colour Tone: Warm2
Size: Just Scan
Digital NR: Off
HDMI Black Level: Low
Movie Plus: Off
Blue Only Mode: Off
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Energy Saving: Off
post #353 of 3237
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelhydra View Post

These are my settings for HDMI on my 46A558 (european model). Should be near D6500 and 2.2. Please try them out and tell me what you think.

Mode: Movie
Backlight: 3
Contrast: 92
Brightness: 47
Sharpness: 12
Colour: 50
Tint: G53/R47
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Black Adjust: Off
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Gamma: 0
Colour Space: Custom
Red: R52 - G3 - B0
Green: R6 - G50 - B0
Blue: R2 - G0 - B50
Yellow: R52 - G51 - B0
Cyan: R1 - G50 - B51
Magenta: R50 - G0 - B50
White Balance:
R-Offset: 26
G-Offset: 25
B-Offset: 25
R-Gain: 20
G-Gain: 25
B-Gain: 25
Flesh Tone:0
Edge Enhancement: Off
xvYCC: Off (Grey Out)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colour Tone: Warm2
Size: Just Scan
Digital NR: Off
HDMI Black Level: Low
Movie Plus: Off
Blue Only Mode: Off
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Energy Saving: Off


Those looke like some very nice settings, not too far off from what I would expect a pro to come up with. I am going to give them a try since the gamma is 0. The backlight is a bit low for me, but thats only because I use 6500K backlighting behind the TV. Thanks for sharing!

Justin
post #354 of 3237
Yep I really like those chelhydra. Not far off from cripsy's settings but a nice tweak. Thanks again.

Justin
post #355 of 3237
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post

It's not dynamic that is the problem, it is DNIe.

Thats not true, DNIe is a very good setting. Why don't you flip between regular and that setting. See what the eye sees
post #356 of 3237
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeginning View Post

Thats not true, DNIe is a very good setting. Why don't you flip between regular and that setting. See what the eye sees

I have. DNIe appears to provide more pop, but what you aren't noticing is that it compresses all the lower shades of grey into black, which makes the dark areas in relatively shadowy scenes lose all detail. Try it and see. I'd even go as far as to say that if you use DNIe, white balance calibration is useless becuase DNIe adjusts the balance dynamically.
post #357 of 3237
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeginning View Post

Dynamic Mode
Backlight 4
Contrast 84
Brightness 52
Sharpness 50
Color 51
Tint(G/R) G55/R45 --- Used a color lens to correct the red


Picture Options
Color Tone - Normal (Cool 1 was too Blue)
Digital NR - Off (This setting has lots of smearing and ghosting)
DNIe - On (This setting really brings life to this set.)
Film Mode - Auto

Energy Savings -Off


After doing extensive testing on all, I thought mine looked outstanding on this set.

How do you set "Film Mode" to "Auto" via the PS3(HDMI 1) It's shaded out on mine and how do you adjust detailed settings on dynamic mode?I been sitting here tying to figure it out for the past 15 minutes.
post #358 of 3237
Film mode is only available with 480i and 1080i sources. You cannot adjust detailed settings in dynamic mode.
post #359 of 3237
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post

I have. DNIe appears to provide more pop, but what you aren't noticing is that it compresses all the lower shades of grey into black, which makes the dark areas in relatively shadowy scenes lose all detail. Try it and see. I'd even go as far as to say that if you use DNIe, white balance calibration is useless becuase DNIe adjusts the balance dynamically.

This is completely true. Not to mention DNIe tends to oversaturate colors making them look unrealistic at times.
post #360 of 3237
dnie is just too blue, it kills the red/ oranges
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LNXXA550 Calibration/Settings Thread