Time for an update on the shed. Haven't had as much time to work on it the past couple of weeks as we have had other things to do, but there is progress.
With the roof on it was time to install the door and window. My dad went out of town, but my wife helped me get the door in place until I could attach some supports to hold it while I lined everything up. I didn't take as many pics since I was short on time. I made the door rough opening exactly the size the manufacturer specified. For some reason there was a 1" gap at the top!
So I used a piece of 1x to fill the void rather than shims. You can also see the stops in place here.
You can also see that my 4 year old decided to paint the shed.
She thought it was "a little blah" so she added her touch.
Her flying unicorn! I think it looks pretty good actually! The HOA may not agree!
Here they are all in place.
Trim went up on it the next day, but I didn't take pics.
Here is where I had to take a detour. My neighbor came across some trees and had two extra that he offered me. I can't pass up free trees, especially nice big ones!
So I spent last Thursday and Friday night building my shelves. Then Saturday morning my dad helped me move everything from the old shed into the new one. Here are the shelves and the associated junk. We still need to clean out and throw away some stuff.
Window side. I left room near the window for my wheelbarrow. Not that one on the shelf!
And the door side. These shelves go right up to the door opening for an 18" shelf.
Now it came time to put in the free trees! I have a friend that owns a landscaping company. I called him up to borrow a wheel cart for the trees. He offered up some real tools instead! A Toro Dingo with bucket and 36" auger bit!
Everyone got in on the action.
Tree number one it its place.
And tree number 2.
I have one more tree that we are considering, but it isn't free. I saw this one when I picked up the Dingo at the shop. This one will likely require a skid steer and a much bigger hole!