or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Technical › Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB) › sylvania TB100MG9
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

sylvania TB100MG9

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
sylvania TB100MG9

Would someone have the SEARS link for the sylvania TB100MG9

I found it yesterday and I thought i saved it but I can no longer find it.

I searched and searched. Did Sears and Kmart remove it?

If someone saved the link please post it

ty
post #2 of 16
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...e=Televisions&...

Sylvania DTV Digital-To-Analog Converter - Model TB100MG9 at Sears.comSylvania DTV Digital-To-Analog Converter TB100MG9 at Sears.com.
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...e=Televisions&... - 100k - Cached - Similar pages

but it comes up not found
post #3 of 16
Yeah, this is the second time it has disappeared. It was back a couple days ago, and KMart search forwarded me to Sears. But it's gone again. Sears is improving, at least the futile search no longer pulls up womens undergarments.
post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
ok
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingRat View Post

Yeah, this is the second time it has disappeared. It was back a couple days ago, and KMart search forwarded me to Sears. But it's gone again. Sears is improving, at least the futile search no longer pulls up womens undergarments.

thanks it might come back then
post #6 of 16
dagger666 you have to click on Cached link

I am also attaching an image in case Google changes it's cache.
LL
post #7 of 16
the image is small but don't see any air holes
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger666 View Post

the image is small but don't see any air holes

It just has some small vent holes on the bottom side edges.
post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
mine did not even get warm in 4 hours.
post #10 of 16
Could someone who picked it up at Sears please post Sears item number (can't make it out on the jpeg posted and can't find the page itself anymroe)? Would make it easier to call and check inventory before driving to the store. Interested in digits after 057.
Also, those who have it - still no regrets getting it, right?
Thanks.
post #11 of 16
Sylvania DTV Digital-To-Analog Converter
Sears item# 05757778000 Mfr. model# TB100MG9

The link is to another Google cache and I don't know how long it will remain.
post #12 of 16
Has anyone ever found a universal remote code from any universal remote manufacturer that will operate the Magnavox TB100MG9 CECB) of any of its other clones - Sylvania, Philico, etc.). As we all know - the remote that comes with the unit is really cheap and will fail.

Other than using a learning remote I have never found any code from any inexpensive universal remote manufacturer (RCA, GE, One-for-All, Sony, Philips, Magnavox, etc. - the most commonly available) to operate any function on the Magnavox box - even the simple on and off function.
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV Reviewer View Post

Has anyone ever found a universal remote code from any universal remote manufacturer that will operate the Magnavox TB100MG9 CECB) of any of its other clones - Sylvania, Philico, etc.). As we all know - the remote that comes with the unit is really cheap and will fail.

Other than using a learning remote I have never found any code from any inexpensive universal remote manufacturer (RCA, GE, One-for-All, Sony, Philips, Magnavox, etc. - the most commonly available) to operate any function on the Magnavox box - even the simple on and off function.

Perhaps the new Funai converter boxes use newer control signals not activated by older remote codes used with universal remotes.

A quick look at the twelve pages of codes supplied with Philips universal remotes lists three codes (0259, 0862, 0565) for Magnavox under SAT/DTV/WebTV; whereas an older RCA universal remote lists one code (5085) for Magnavox (the same for Philips) under Satellite; and one code for Magnavox (5025) and three codes for Philips (5025, 5011, 5012) under Cable (perhaps a cable converter box).

Have you tried the search function on your universal remote?
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigaDo View Post

Perhaps the new Funai converter boxes use newer control signals not activated by older remote codes used with universal remotes.

A quick look at the twelve pages of codes supplied with Philips universal remotes lists three codes (0259, 0862, 0565) for Magnavox under SAT/DTV/WebTV; whereas an older RCA universal remote lists one code (5085) for Magnavox (the same for Philips) under Satellite; and one code for Magnavox (5025) and three codes for Philips (5025, 5011, 5012) under Cable (perhaps a cable converter box).

Have you tried the search function on your universal remote?

Yes, I have tried every code for every device for every manufacturer and came up empty handed. Search function - same result. A learning remote which of course costs as much - or more - than the CECB itself with government coupon - does work if you program it. I'm returning the Magnavox units and buying the RCA DTA800B which works with any universal remote I have laying around the house. Makes life a lot easier for me and the wife. After all, all the CECB needs to do is replace the analog tuner in the TV - it does not have to tell me the time, what channel I'm on, what's on, what's next, cook breakfast, or answer the phone. Just tune the channel and they will all do that. For the $10 plus some tax at Wal-Mart the RCA is the best of the best. Simple - works - no problems.
post #15 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV Reviewer View Post

Yes, I have tried every code for every device for every manufacturer and came up empty handed. Search function - same result. A learning remote which of course costs as much - or more - than the CECB itself with government coupon - does work if you program it. I'm returning the Magnavox units and buying the RCA DTA800B which works with any universal remote I have laying around the house. Makes life a lot easier for me and the wife. After all, all the CECB needs to do is replace the analog tuner in the TV - it does not have to tell me the time, what channel I'm on, what's on, what's next, cook breakfast, or answer the phone. Just tune the channel and they will all do that. For the $10 plus some tax at Wal-Mart the RCA is the best of the best. Simple - works - no problems.

Only bad part is you will lose the 4 hour epg and get the RCA NOW and next
post #16 of 16
STB UNIVERSAL REMOTE CODE = 4737 (from Magnovox 1-800-605-8610)



Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV Reviewer View Post

Has anyone ever found a universal remote code from any universal remote manufacturer that will operate the Magnavox TB100MG9 CECB) of any of its other clones - Sylvania, Philico, etc.). As we all know - the remote that comes with the unit is really cheap and will fail.

Other than using a learning remote I have never found any code from any inexpensive universal remote manufacturer (RCA, GE, One-for-All, Sony, Philips, Magnavox, etc. - the most commonly available) to operate any function on the Magnavox box - even the simple on and off function.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Technical › Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB) › sylvania TB100MG9