or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 2008 Mitsubishi Owners Thread (735/736 and diamond)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2008 Mitsubishi Owners Thread (735/736 and diamond) - Page 3

post #61 of 3012
Thread Starter 
Anyone know where to get the CC 8% coupon?
post #62 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchmura View Post

Anyone know where to get the CC 8% coupon?

If you are a AAA member, via their website. Otherwise fleabay.
post #63 of 3012
Hey DesertHorizons, do you know the exact depth of your 65735? I'm trying to guess what the 73735 depth might me.

I know the Samsung HL72A650 72" is part of their slim line and is somewhere around 17" deep. But I think Samsung suffers from this slim design in the way of design issues i.e. flimsy case, light reflections, bowing etc. Samsung had a whole new set of issues crop up when they changed over to their Slim design starting with the 2007's HL-T line. I really don't mind a DLP TV being 20" deep. Hell, why should the TV be considerably less deep than your components? It makes no sense.
post #64 of 3012
Thread Starter 
The 73735 per the mits specs is 17/5" deep
post #65 of 3012
How does this one do on displaying 4:3? Do we get a choice of color for the side bars?
post #66 of 3012
Thread Starter 
Can you tell us more about the overscan? Can you easily "eliminate" it?
post #67 of 3012
Disappointed Todays mail brought the Summer 2008 Crutchfield catalog. I turned right to the DLP section hoping to see the 2008 MITS lineup, at least the 735/736 models. Even hoping the 835's would be in. Hopes dashed
post #68 of 3012
I am in the market for a new TV and was looking at this set. Of all places PC richard was the only one who had one out for display and i wasn't totally sold on the picture however i believe this had to do with store lighting, component video cable hookup and display settings not properly tweaked. It did look a lot better then the Sammy 650 though.

I do have a question for owners of the Mits 735: Do you notice a screendoor effect (Silkscreening) at all. My current Set (Toshiba 65") has a great picture but i get this effect with bright whites and is a bit annoying.

Thanks for you input in advance.
post #69 of 3012
So, I noticed that only the high end Mitsu is advertised as having 120Hz video processing. Does that mean that the "lower" models like the 735 736 won't display 24fps film based material "judder free", i.e. without 3:2 pull down? Not hat I've ever been too concerned with any jagginess in panning shots, but not having 120Hz on all models is kind of lame...
post #70 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkraebel View Post

......question for owners of the Mits 735: Do you notice a screendoor effect (Silkscreening) at all.

None whatsoever..
Up close ( 3ft.) it is barely noticeable..

of course that depends on what you are feeding it..
with a SD pic, then, yeah, there is screendoor..
post #71 of 3012
Thread Starter 
Anyone get a date other than May 15th from am-az-on-cam?
post #72 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkraebel View Post

It did look a lot better then the Sammy 650 though.

If you don't mind, could you expand on this a bit? I haven't found a place near me that has both, yet. I also noticed that the 72A650 from Sammie is currently 2499 at reputable retailer as a preorder. That's an amazing price for that size TV, and it does 120Hz.
post #73 of 3012
Just picked up the 65" 735 from CircuitCity here in Pearland, TX and couldn't be any more happier than what I am right now! The picture is amazing even when set to Low temp! Over the air HD looks great and the Philips 1080 upscaling dvd looks awesome too. Will test out HD-DVD tomorrow but so far I'm very pleased with it. Got to use the 8% AAA coupon to cover the taxes.
post #74 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDRugby View Post

If you don't mind, could you expand on this a bit? I haven't found a place near me that has both, yet. I also noticed that the 72A650 from Sammie is currently 2499 at reputable retailer as a preorder. That's an amazing price for that size TV, and it does 120Hz.


The picture on the mits was a lot more vivid and brighter for the lighting conditions it was in. I wasn't very impressed with the sammy at all. Bear in mind it could have been the settings for both TVs, i didn't get to tweak them at all.
post #75 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkraebel View Post

The picture on the mits was a lot more vivid and brighter for the lighting conditions it was in. I wasn't very impressed with the sammy at all. Bear in mind it could have been the settings for both TVs, i didn't get to tweak them at all.

Thanks. I wonder how things will look between the Sammie and the Diamond series. It's a huge price difference right now, so it better be a major difference or it will be tough justify.
post #76 of 3012
What I am surprised about is how much they are, CC ad this past Sunday has the 65735 for 1999.99 before $200 savings so its been $1799.99 all week.
post #77 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGRSBSKIER View Post

What I am surprised about is how much they are, CC ad this past Sunday has the 65735 for 1999.99 before $200 savings so its been $1799.99 all week.

It has been $1799 at Tiger Direct since April 24th..
And that is with NO TAX* and NO Shipping charges..
(*unless you live in Illinois)
post #78 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGRSBSKIER View Post

What I am surprised about is how much they are, CC ad this past Sunday has the 65735 for 1999.99 before $200 savings so its been $1799.99 all week.

I agree. With the 8% off AAA coupon that pretty much covered the tax for me so I was out the door for $7 less than the sale price. Not bad for something I don't have to wait for shipping for.
post #79 of 3012
Does anyone know if you can use the Mitsubishi MB-65PB TV Stand with the new 65735 ?
post #80 of 3012
Any word yet if any of these models will include a PIP feature I know last years diamond model did and was really hoping that the 736 series might have it this year
post #81 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsax View Post

Does anyone know if you can use the Mitsubishi MB-65PB TV Stand with the new 65735 ?

According to Mitsubishi:
MB-S60/65 is the stand for the 60735, 65735, 65736

"CAUTION: Use these Mitsubishi TV models only with the Mitsubishi stand models shown here.
Other stands can result in instability and possibly cause injury"

So I would say that is a No..
post #82 of 3012
Thread Starter 
Anyone get a ship date for the 73735??
post #83 of 3012
Thread Starter 
Multiple and reliable sources that carry mits DLP - even the diamond series do not plan to carry the 73" models. This is quite distressing and further points to a rather sudden death of the format. 65" is great but the 73" is where no one can get a plasma. It is a shame to see large retailers not even ordering the 73735/6 unless you want a "special" order....
post #84 of 3012
i get my 60735 tomorrow
post #85 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchmura View Post

Multiple and reliable sources that carry mits DLP - even the diamond series do not plan to carry the 73" models. This is quite distressing and further points to a rather sudden death of the format. 65" is great but the 73" is where no one can get a plasma. It is a shame to see large retailers not even ordering the 73735/6 unless you want a "special" order....

Is CC included in these sources? I sure hope not.
post #86 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonw27858 View Post

Is CC included in these sources? I sure hope not.

This was the case for the Pearland, TX store. They only stocked the 65" 735 model and the manager told me they weren't going to carry the 73" and 60" models. I doubt this applies to all CC stores though.
post #87 of 3012
I hope not, this is pretty much the only manufacturer, carried by CC, that makes a set large enough to replace my Hitachi 70VS810
post #88 of 3012
Thread Starter 
CC in chicago included along with AB.T. BB says "special order" in June .... Tweeter is special order ONLY.

DLP is dying as fast as HD-DVD. This is really sad. The new 65735 is just stunning in all lighting conditions. The contrast is great.
post #89 of 3012
Thread Starter 
Oh, but I found a place in arizona on Ebay that will have the 73"
post #90 of 3012
Received my 65" 735 this Saturday and boy, it's a beauty! The picture with a HD feed is vibrant and crisp. Even SD is acceptable. There are no bowing issues on any of the sides (or none I can detect by just eyeing it).

Also awaiting for my TV stand. Took me longer to find one I like than it did the TV. Here's what I'm waiting to get: http://www.bush-furniture-online.com...S13588-03.html
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rear Projection Units
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 2008 Mitsubishi Owners Thread (735/736 and diamond)