Originally Posted by RafaelSmith
I recently read that GTA4 sales for the 360 is like 2-1 over the PS3. Who knows if thats true or just some fancy skewing of sales figures by MS. However same article said that since the release of GTA4 there has been a large increase in PS3 console sales.
Several friends and co-workers of mine feel the same. We all pretty much use our PS3 for BR and media.
This time next year it might be a different story. But as it stands now...my gaming platform of choice is still my 360.
Appears to be true re. sales on 360 vs. PS3 (well, 1.85:1), expected I suppose given the installed base numbers...
April 2008 sales data:
1. GTA IV - Xbox 360 - 1.85 million*
2. Mario Kart Wii - Wii - 1.12 million
3. GTA IV - PS3 - 1.00 million*
4. Wii Play w/ remote - Wii - 360K
5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii - 326K
6. Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - PS3 - 224K
7. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - DS - 202K
8. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time - DS - 202K
9. Guitar Hero III - Wii - 152K
10. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Xbox 360 - 141K*
Like a lot of folks here on AVS I use my PS3 for movies only, XBOX 360 for all games. Most PS3 owners probably bought for games primarily though I'd expect.