or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung LNxxA750 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung LNxxA750 Owners Thread - Page 8

post #211 of 12492
OK i know everyone keeps saying the 750 and the 650 are the same as far as PQ goes, but i have to disagree. I honest to god feel like the 750 has a better picture. I work at best buy in the HT department and i have messed with these two TV's for many hours since we got them in awhile back. If you set them to the same exact settings i still think the 750 looks better, and all my HT associates agree. What gives? Has it actually been confirmed they are the same? Because everyone seems to be disagreeing. The black levels on the A750 just seem soooo much better, it has way more pop to it as well. I dunno though, i must be crazy.....
post #212 of 12492
Hi Everyone. I just got my LN46A750 home from BB tonight. Stellar deal too. They actually beat Amazons CRAZY price that appeared online this morning. IT also made the 4 year protection plan even less expensive. I-M me if you want to know what I paid.
ANYWAY, My question is this. HDMI cables. I have regular ones that were not very expensive that I bought from one of the links on top of this page. With my using the PS3 for Blu-Ray and I just upgraded to the Yamaha RX-v663 receiver. Which HDMI cables should I be using to the best quality available for my newly upgraded system?
Thanks. I just do not know much about HDMI cables yet..

Awesome TV by the way. I have a sammy 50" 1080i plasma also (now in bedroom). I now know that the plasma does look better for Hi-Def Cable shows but, The 1080p Blu-Ray movies on the sammy lcd I brought home tonight are simply stunning. So realistic it is nuts. I would say Plasma and LCD are = at this point with the new 650's and 750's but, each have their own strenghts. Motion is still better on plasmas. Do you agree? I am happy with my purchase.
post #213 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by coasterguy View Post

Hi Everyone. I just got my LN46A750 home from BB tonight. Stellar deal too. They actually beat Amazons CRAZY price that appeared online this morning. IT also made the 4 year protection plan even less expensive. I-M me if you want to know what I paid.
ANYWAY, My question is this. HDMI cables. I have regular ones that were not very expensive that I bought from one of the links on top of this page. With my using the PS3 for Blu-Ray and I just upgraded to the Yamaha RX-v663 receiver. Which HDMI cables should I be using to the best quality available for my newly upgraded system?
Thanks. I just do not know much about HDMI cables yet..

Awesome TV by the way. I have a sammy 50" 1080i plasma also (now in bedroom). I now know that the plasma does look better for Hi-Def Cable shows but, The 1080p Blu-Ray movies on the sammy lcd I brought home tonight are simply stunning. So realistic it is nuts. I would say Plasma and LCD are = at this point with the new 650's and 750's but, each have their own strenghts. Motion is still better on plasmas. Do you agree? I am happy with my purchase.

If you need HDMI cables. check out monoprice or blue jeans cable (forum sponsors). They have some quality cables for great prices.
post #214 of 12492
I do not need any cable unless. 1.3 cables will benefit me. Anyone?
Thanks.
post #215 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by coasterguy View Post

I do not need any cable unless. 1.3 cables will benefit me. Anyone?
Thanks.

1.3a is a limitation of the spec of an output or input, NOT the cable itself
post #216 of 12492
Thank you.
post #217 of 12492
Hey DMS541, I see you noted int he first post that TVersity works with the A750. Where did you see that reported? I can't get it to work...
post #218 of 12492
Guys, for those of you with experience with LCD TVs, what is the burn risk, both for gaming static images and for sidebars?
post #219 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms541 View Post

What about the difference in processors? The 16-bit for the 750 and the 12-bit for the 650. Or have people cleared up the confusion around the block diagrams and determined each processor is the same?

As far as I've read, they both have the same processor, don't remember exactly if it was 10 or 12 bit, but I think it was 10-bit. The differences were miss-prints in the manuals. They're both the same.

As far as seeing a differences in picture quality, you never know how the source is coming thru to the tv, perhaps that has something to do with the difference. But either way, who knows maybe they are different after all, the total facts I don't think have been talked about.
post #220 of 12492
I'm on my 2nd LN52750 and it is perfect. The 1st I returned due to 1 bad pixel and to get a better finance program-3yrs no interest-with Circuit City. I previously had 2 LN52550s which I also returned for bad pixels but also because Sammy slashed their prices so I decided to upgrade.
post #221 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by coasterguy View Post

... ANYWAY, My question is this. HDMI cables. I have regular ones that were not very expensive that I bought from one of the links on top of this page. With my using the PS3 for Blu-Ray and I just upgraded to the Yamaha RX-v663 receiver. Which HDMI cables should I be using to the best quality available for my newly upgraded system?

You already have HDMI cables, so providing they are delivering a stable picture then you have no need for more expensive cables.

HDMI are not like analogue cables which were prone to interference and therefore the more expensive, generally, the better.

The only time you might want a slightly more expensive cable (and I mean only slightly) is when you are running over distances longer then 6ft or so.

For all installations below that distance any cable will do. None of the cables in my installation cost over $30 and one of them is 15ft.
post #222 of 12492
Own a 4671 and have TBE issues with AMP even on low at times. Thinking about trying to get the 750. Just wondering if anyone has tested 750 for TBE or artifacts with AMP on low-high with any of the scenes in Planet Earth BD that are known to show TBE on the 71 series.

Scenes such as:
Disc 1:
Episode 1, Around 40 minute mark. - Impala chase scene. (Dogs heads while in chase exhibit TBE?)
Episode 2, Around 47 minute mark. -Eagles chase crane. (Crane exhibits TBE?)

Any feedback about TBE or AMP artifacts encountered on the 750 would be greatly appreciated.


Thanks
post #223 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAThompson4 View Post

Own a 4671 and have TBE issues with AMP even on low at times. Thinking about trying to get the 750. Just wondering if anyone has tested 750 for TBE or artifacts with AMP on low-high with any of the scenes in Planet Earth BD that are known to show TBE on the 71 series.

Scenes such as:
Disc 1:
Episode 1, Around 40 minute mark. - Impala chase scene. (Dogs heads while in chase exhibit TBE?)
Episode 2, Around 47 minute mark. -Eagles chase crane. (Crane exhibits TBE?)

Any feedback about TBE or AMP artifacts encountered on the 750 would be greatly appreciated.


Thanks

From my personal experience, its still there but has been improved. I get TBE and vapor on FPS on medium, but the tv is so good in so many other regards that it's hard to pass up.
post #224 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarcher View Post

Guys, for those of you with experience with LCD TVs, what is the burn risk, both for gaming static images and for sidebars?

You can try this but use at your own risk,

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/503495
post #225 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarcher View Post

Guys, for those of you with experience with LCD TVs, what is the burn risk, both for gaming static images and for sidebars?

Next to none, but still be careful, i wouldn't leave it on for days with it.
post #226 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus2007 View Post

If you need HDMI cables. check out monoprice or blue jeans cable (forum sponsors). They have some quality cables for great prices.

QFT, paid very very little for my cables and there great.
post #227 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsphinx View Post

CONS
-Fan noise
-poor SD
-not enough setting tweaking
-Price

I went from a 36" JVC SD tv to this and a large part of me would like the 3 grand back in my wallet.

Serious?
There is absolutely no fan noise from my set, as far as I know the fan only kicks in if the set gets really hot.
SD also is incredible. The Samsung scales better than my own PS3 & dedicated DVD players!
Settings as well, you can tweak like 6 different individual colors, what more could you ask for.

Price is also pretty cheap if you buy at the right places. About less than 2 years ago, a Sharp 37" LCD cost around $2700, a 52" Samsung now can go for less.
post #228 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by elomsagro View Post

I'm on my 2nd LN52750 and it is perfect. The 1st I returned due to 1 bad pixel and to get a better finance program-3yrs no interest-with Circuit City. I previously had 2 LN52550s which I also returned for bad pixels but also because Sammy slashed their prices so I decided to upgrade.

How do you perform a good test that is going to find a single dead pixel on an lcd. Do you simply get close and look for them?
post #229 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgfin View Post

How do you perform a good test that is going to find a single dead pixel on an lcd. Do you simply get close and look for them?

yep, that usually works.
post #230 of 12492
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarcher View Post

Hey DMS541, I see you noted int he first post that TVersity works with the A750. Where did you see that reported? I can't get it to work...

This guy mentioned it in his post. Maybe you should contact him to check out the details...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...y#post13745258
post #231 of 12492
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan33 View Post

I think the 650 is 10-bit.

The 750 should be the same as the 650.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog6 View Post

As far as I've read, they both have the same processor, don't remember exactly if it was 10 or 12 bit, but I think it was 10-bit. The differences were miss-prints in the manuals. They're both the same.

As far as seeing a differences in picture quality, you never know how the source is coming thru to the tv, perhaps that has something to do with the difference. But either way, who knows maybe they are different after all, the total facts I don't think have been talked about.

I think the 650 and 750 are both 10-bit panels. However, when you look at the block diagrams for each you'll notice the 750 has a 16-bit post processor while the 650 has a 12-bit. Are you saying that it was these block diagrams that were misprinted and that the processors are 10-bit? Or just that the panels are?
post #232 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat Phoenix View Post

Next to none, but still be careful, i wouldn't leave it on for days with it.


Thanks... I don't plan to leave static images on the set. My concern is a lot of watching of 4:3 content. None of us here care for stretched images so I am trying to find out what the risk of not stretching is. My daughter did a lot of 4:3 watching on our plasma and now it has sidebars.
post #233 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarcher View Post

Thanks... I don't plan to leave static images on the set. My concern is a lot of watching of 4:3 content. None of us here care for stretched images so I am trying to find out what the risk of not stretching is. My daughter did a lot of 4:3 watching on our plasma and now it has sidebars.

you wont have to worry about that on an LCD, you will not suffer from IR. The only LCD's i have ever seen with IR were cheap computer monitors displaying 24/7. So no worries man.
post #234 of 12492
Now does anyone else agree that the 750 looks better? I wish they looked the same due to the lower priceing on the 650, but no matter how i tweek these the 750 just ends up on top. Ideas?
post #235 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms541 View Post

I think the 650 and 750 are both 10-bit panels. However, when you look at the block diagrams for each you'll notice the 750 has a 16-bit post processor while the 650 has a 12-bit. Are you saying that it was these block diagrams that were misprinted and that the processors are 10-bit? Or just that the panels are?

Oh I was just referring to the panels, the processors idk.
post #236 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigred7078 View Post

Now does anyone else agree that the 750 looks better? I wish they looked the same due to the lower priceing on the 650, but no matter how i tweek these the 750 just ends up on top. Ideas?

In what ways?
post #237 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigred7078 View Post

Now does anyone else agree that the 750 looks better? I wish they looked the same due to the lower priceing on the 650, but no matter how i tweek these the 750 just ends up on top. Ideas?

In all my comparisons they've been the same and according to several different Samsung reps they are exactly the same as far PQ.
post #238 of 12492
im not quite sure what im doing wrong, but some games that i run with my xbox360 and monster component cable@1080p are giving me a lot of distortion on my ln52a750 and at times it is saying mode not supported when running at 1080p .At any lower resolution it works fine. if someone could offer some help here it would be great. Some games work fine like lego starw wars complete saga and others like stated above give a lot of distortion on screen. i also have the same problem with my ps3 on the main menu...using hdmi. this is only in games not regular tv watching.
post #239 of 12492
Can someone clear this up for me:

I know you can play Divx/Xvid videos using DNLA/Ethernet with the 750's but can you play Divx/Xvids directly off a USB thumbdrive as well? (can someone confirm playing video using a USB thumb drive if so please)
post #240 of 12492
Can anyone comment on the motion blur of the 750 vs the 71? I have a perfectly fine 71 (except for TBE) but the motion blur is a little annoying and I can probably exchange it for a 750. From what I saw at Fry's the motion blur and vapors seemed very similar on the 750 as the 71. Also, am I understanding correctly that you cannot adjust the settings in the entertainment modes? So if I chose movie, I cannot adjust colors, amp levels, etc.

Thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung LNxxA750 Owners Thread