or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung LNxxA750 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung LNxxA750 Owners Thread - Page 9

post #241 of 12492
Quote:


Hey DMS541, I see you noted int he first post that TVersity works with the A750. Where did you see that reported? I can't get it to work...

I had asked about this early on to see if TVersity would work better with some oddball vid formats I have.
He mentioned in that post that all the vid files said "unsupported" whren he tried to play them. So I don't think TVersity will work out of the box.
From reading on their site, you need to do a little playing with some XML to get it to work correctly.
My 750 should be here Tuesday and I will look into this then as my main concern with DLNA is to play all the different vid files I have without having to buy a better HTPC to play them dvi to hdmi style..
Anybody out there with some good XML experience wanna take a crack at this?

edit: Look here for some info on getting TVersity to work http://tversity.com/support/devices
post #242 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzakos1 View Post

Can anyone comment on the motion blur of the 750 vs the 71? I have a perfectly fine 71 (except for TBE) but the motion blur is a little annoying and I can probably exchange it for a 750. From what I saw at Fry's the motion blur and vapors seemed very similar on the 750 as the 71. Also, am I understanding correctly that you cannot adjust the settings in the entertainment modes? So if I chose movie, I cannot adjust colors, amp levels, etc.

Thanks

You cannot adjust the settings in "game mode" but you can in other modes. "game mode" eliminates any input lag in video gaming.
post #243 of 12492
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer_03 View Post

You cannot adjust the settings in "game mode" but you can in other modes. "game mode" eliminates any input lag in video gaming.

That's not entirely correct. There are 3 different preset 'entertainment modes': cinema, sports, game. If you are in any one of these three you are unable to adjust picture settings. These are supposed to somehow maximize performance for the various viewing types. Personally, other than extremely hard core gamers using game mode I don't put too much credibility in these.

There are then 3 main picture modes: dynamic, standard, movie. You will be able to adjust settings if you are in one of these modes.
post #244 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdave71 View Post

I had asked about this early on to see if TVersity would work better with some oddball vid formats I have.
He mentioned in that post that all the vid files said "unsupported" whren he tried to play them. So I don't think TVersity will work out of the box.
From reading on their site, you need to do a little playing with some XML to get it to work correctly.
My 750 should be here Tuesday and I will look into this then as my main concern with DLNA is to play all the different vid files I have without having to buy a better HTPC to play them dvi to hdmi style..
Anybody out there with some good XML experience wanna take a crack at this?

edit: Look here for some info on getting TVersity to work http://tversity.com/support/devices

XML is very easy, there really is nothing to it.

I have asked earlier if anyone have tried using Windows Media Player 11 (WMP11) built in DLNA server but got zero response.

If the TV works with TVersity the it means that the TV should work with WMP11. If it does, you'll find that it is easier to work with WMP11 than TVersity.

Hopefully someone will be kind enough to test to see if this works and verify.

...
post #245 of 12492
I'm very new to a lot of this tech stuff, so forgive me if my questions seem a little pedestrian to some of you. I think I'm going to shell out the money for this TV in a couple of weeks. Amazon keeps bringing the price lower and lower. Anyway, I'm a bit unsure about DLNA, and any limitations it might have. Can someone tell me if it's compatible with Macs (iMacs and the most recent MacBook Pros, to be exact), and if you can use DLNA and the Mac to stream Hulu content onto the television?

I appreciate the help. I'm looking forward to getting the television and then stressing for another few weeks about speakers. Maybe I should just go back to reading books.

-anthony
post #246 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamann View Post

Can someone clear this up for me:

I know you can play Divx/Xvid videos using DNLA/Ethernet with the 750's but can you play Divx/Xvids directly off a USB thumbdrive as well? (can someone confirm playing video using a USB thumb drive if so please)

Only partial confirmation, because I don't have my 750 yet, but according to a samsung rep I talked to last week, everything that plays over DLNA will play on the wiselink pro (USB port), and vice versa. Reportedly, Xvid is supported at the same resolutions as Divx.

FYI, if you are most interested in USB video access, and the 750 ends up not doing what you want, I've had very good luck using the USB port on the OPPO 980H upconverting DVD player. It even allows (reportedly) hooking up a FAT32 USB hard drive.
post #247 of 12492
I was wondering if any of you guys think this will work.

I got my 52A650 at BB a while back, had various price matches done so far. But i noticed the price has dropped yet again, and i have a 12% off coupon. Now the price it's at now is more than i paid, but if i use the coupon it will be about $200 or so less than i paid now. Do you think i can go in there and have them return the tv, rebuy at the price it is now, and use the coupon? I am going to try anyways, just wanted to see if you guys think it would work.

P.S. Sorry, i meant to post this in the 650 thread (since thats the tv i have).
post #248 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal83 View Post

I was wondering if any of you guys think this will work.

I got my 52A650 at BB a while back, had various price matches done so far. But i noticed the price has dropped yet again, and i have a 12% off coupon. Now the price it's at now is more than i paid, but if i use the coupon it will be about $200 or so less than i paid now. Do you think i can go in there and have them return the tv, rebuy at the price it is now, and use the coupon? I am going to try anyways, just wanted to see if you guys think it would work.

as long as its within the 30 days. They would rather give you the 12% off than have you return the whole TV...
post #249 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinonye View Post

im not quite sure what im doing wrong, but some games that i run with my xbox360 and monster component cable@1080p are giving me a lot of distortion on my ln52a750 and at times it is saying mode not supported when running at 1080p .At any lower resolution it works fine. if someone could offer some help here it would be great. Some games work fine like lego starw wars complete saga and others like stated above give a lot of distortion on screen. i also have the same problem with my ps3 on the main menu...using hdmi. this is only in games not regular tv watching.

Haven't heard this problem yet, I think the six series had some problems with 1080p over component but I not sure on that.
post #250 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorphin View Post

Only partial confirmation, because I don't have my 750 yet, but according to a samsung rep I talked to last week, everything that plays over DLNA will play on the wiselink pro (USB port), and vice versa. Reportedly, Xvid is supported at the same resolutions as Divx.

FYI, if you are most interested in USB video access, and the 750 ends up not doing what you want, I've had very good luck using the USB port on the OPPO 980H upconverting DVD player. It even allows (reportedly) hooking up a FAT32 USB hard drive.

I got a hold of the 750 manual and it does support.xvid/divx video using USB but doesn't support AC3 with Xvid (only PCM/ADPCM). That kind of hurts. I think people are going to watch movies with no audio quite a bit when loading up Xvid/Divx with the 750s.

AC3 is supported for mpeg and H.264 codecs though which is nice.

I'm looking for the convenience of putting a TV show on the USB drive and watching it on the 750 with no hassle. The DNLA solution is a semi hassle as it has to scan your folders first so if you download something new, it has to rescan before it's available for viewing while something like SMB servers let you search through folders yourself and find the media files to play.

I can always use the PS3 to play thumbdrive xvid/divx videos I supposed. That works well.

I'm also trying to justify the 750 over the 650 for my own sake and having a hard time doing it. The DNLA is limiting, lack of AC3 support for Divx/Xvid kind of defeats the purpose of that feature, the built in 1GB of "content" isn't deletable and not really interesting to me. (it would be great if you could use that internal 1GB flash memory for storing your own media files.)

That leaves the subwoofer and halo of the 750 vs what seems so far like a higher chance of purple haze on the 650s. Tough call!
post #251 of 12492
Third 750, this one has horrible clouding and mura on dark backgrounds (I know its normal but it just sucks) also when I cut lets say a game on the black backround gets pillars on the side. Im just going to keep this one and hope for a firmware update for the pillaring (spelling)
post #252 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat Phoenix View Post

Third 750, this one has horrible clouding and mura on dark backgrounds (I know its normal but it just sucks) ...

I wouldn't accept any clouding that I can see when there is a source playing.

Exchange it as it will only start to grate on you over time ....
post #253 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat Phoenix View Post

Third 750, this one has horrible clouding and mura on dark backgrounds (I know its normal but it just sucks) also when I cut lets say a game on the black backround gets pillars on the side. Im just going to keep this one and hope for a firmware update for the pillaring (spelling)

I wouldn't hold my breath for a firmware to fix all that. And if you wait pass your 30-day returnable window, then you will stuck with it.
post #254 of 12492
post #255 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus2007 View Post

I wouldn't hold my breath for a firmware to fix all that. And if you wait pass your 30-day returnable window, then you will stuck with it.

Im just tired of returning sets, the pillaring is like the backlight just goes up to 10 the resets itself after the display starts on a different screen. It's weird but i can deal with it.
post #256 of 12492
EDIT: I am a dolt, replied to a question from p1. Ignore this post!
post #257 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat Phoenix View Post

Im just tired of returning sets, the pillaring is like the backlight just goes up to 10 the resets itself after the display starts on a different screen. It's weird but i can deal with it.

I guess if you can live and happy with it, then probably a good idea to keep it because you never know what trouble you would get into with the new set.
post #258 of 12492
post #259 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post

Well I have to ask. What makes this set better to you then your 650?

Bezel, amoung a few other things it just looks better IMO.
post #260 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat Phoenix View Post

Man, sorry about that stutter and TBE is the same thing to me, I need to get the lingo right before I post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat Phoenix View Post

From my personal experience, its still there but has been improved. I get TBE and vapor on FPS on medium, but the tv is so good in so many other regards that it's hard to pass up.

So Lestat, are you saying that you have TBE & Vapors but not stutter? And this is with AMP on medium?

If so,we can cross stutter of the list of potential 750 issues. I think you are the only one who had reported it.
Does low amp clear up the TBE/Vapors?

Thanks for all your feedback....
post #261 of 12492
It doesn't appear that Lestat knows what stutter is so I'd probably cross it off the list of issues.
post #262 of 12492
I have two questions; if anyone could answer them I'd be very grateful. Right now I'm deciding between the new Sammy 650/750, or the new Panasonic 800u plasma.

First, I've just heard that the Panasonic 800u doesn't support 1080p gaming except through an HDMI port. I have a Xbox 360, but I'm not sure if I got one of the newer versions of the Premium model (not Elite) that has an HDMI port; I will check this later. Can anyone tell me if the Sammy 650s or 750s support non-HDMI 1080p gaming (through the regular component cable)?

Second, I've heard complaints about the "halo" effect of the clear trim surrounding the TV. For some reason, I can't watch TVs in a completely dark room, I need to have some light. Is the halo issue most prominent in watching the TV when dark, or is it more of an issue when you have other light sources?

Thanks guys. I'm new to this forum, and amazed by all the commentary. It's been very helpful.
post #263 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbass View Post

It doesn't appear that Lestat knows what stutter is so I'd probably cross it off the list of issues.

I know what stutter is , and no I dont have it, just miss used the word a little.
post #264 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by caa100 View Post

So Lestat, are you saying that you have TBE & Vapors but not stutter? And this is with AMP on medium?

If so,we can cross stutter of the list of potential 750 issues. I think you are the only one who had reported it.
Does low amp clear up the TBE/Vapors?

Thanks for all your feedback....

Still have Vapos and TBE on low AMP not quite as bad but still there. Have had 3 750 all have it.
post #265 of 12492
Spoke with Samsung Level 2 support:

1. The 750 is full-time 120hz. With AMP off, it repeats frames (5:5 for a 24P input).
2. The response time is 4ms, same as the 650
3. The processing is 10 bit

With regard to this last point, he told me "you gotta be careful what you read on the AVS Forums!"
post #266 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by caa100 View Post

Spoke with Samsung Level 2 support:

1. The 750 is full-time 120hz. With AMP off, it repeats frames (5:5 for a 24P input).
2. The response time is 4ms, same as the 650
3. The processing is 10 bit

With regard to this last point, he told me "you gotta be careful what you read on the AVS Forums!"

Nice, but where all pretty smart here on the good ol AVS forums, there is just a couple of us who dont know the difference between stutter and TBE
post #267 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat Phoenix View Post

Nice, but where all pretty smart here on the good ol AVS forums, there is just a couple of us who dont know the difference between stutter and TBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat Phoenix View Post

Still have Vapos and TBE on low AMP not quite as bad but still there. Have had 3 750 all have it.

Thanks, I'll stop worrying about stutter!
post #268 of 12492
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsphinx View Post

There is still fan noise from the 750 although not as bad as the XBR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarcher View Post

I have not noticed any fan noise at all. I'll listen again to see if I can hear any, but I don't think I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfer View Post

There is absolutely no fan noise from my set

Darthsphinx, what size is your set? Over in the 650 thread, they determined that there was only a fan in the 40", and that the default service menu settings had it disabled.
post #269 of 12492
Did somebody get say youtube videos on A750 using DLNA? If yes, can you post a step-by-step procedure? Thanks

Danny
post #270 of 12492
So can anyone comment on the motion blur of the 750 vs the 71?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung LNxxA750 Owners Thread