or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official Pioneer SC-09TX/SC-LX90 Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Pioneer SC-09TX/SC-LX90 Owner's Thread - Page 178

post #5311 of 5378
Hello
a questions to Susano.

HDMI Out 1 Ctrl no picture. * Ctrl * is disabled in the device.
Hdmi out 2 without problems.
An idea? Already read here that a few users had the problem.
Unfortunately, the solution was never written.

Thanks for the help.
Edited by Kirk02 - 1/13/13 at 10:20pm
post #5312 of 5378
Thread Starter 
^^
don't know...not enough information.

what kind of source? what resolution? is it deep color compatible? do you have deep color (also called High Speed) enabled in the TV & the source for HDMI 1? did you try turning OFF HDMI Control on 1?

I don't use HDMI Control, period. for exactly the same kind of reasons posted in numerous threads for many receivers, mfg's, & TV's. sometimes it works well, sometimes the way it's implemented in the receiver is not the same way it's implemented in the display, quirky behavior, random shutdowns, sometimes it forces the receiver to default to a specific input when the receiver or TV is shut off - mostly SAT/CABLE or TV input. mostly it seems to me to be more trouble than it's worth so I don't use it smile.gif

try turning it off for both outputs.

and since the Susano cannot output both HDMI outs at the same time, do you switch between the 2 in the setup menu? maybe your receiver is just set for HDMI 2 being active and no video will output on 1 until you change it so that HDMI 1 is active. I'm assuming nothing in this reply so if you're well past basics, please don't take offense for me asking smile.gif
post #5313 of 5378
Thanks for the answer.
Out1 HDMI Ctrl (Control in Susano = Off) Sony TV or PC monitor both Full HD 24P
HDMI IN 1 Sony BDP Player Full HD 24P
No matter what I do, the TV or monitor remains dark.
Turn it in Susano (Ctrl = on) I can see how the TV turns on the sources. Unfortunately remains without image. Throughout the HDMI Out 2 without any problems. The only one HDMI out same time I know it.
post #5314 of 5378
Thread Starter 
^^
did you try re-seating the HDMI 1 cable or just replacing it? last year while rearranging gear, I lost video and when I did some troubleshooting I found the cable needed replaced. I must have rolled the cabinet over it when moving things around. replaced the cable and no problems since.

worth a try if you haven't already. if you did and that didn't solve the problem, then post back & I'll try to think of other possibilities.
post #5315 of 5378
another cable with another device (PC monitor), unfortunately, no picture. frown.gif
post #5316 of 5378
All, after much reading and going over things twice I am having an issue with my SC-09. I am using an Oppo BDP-103 for a blue ray player. I have a 3D projector and I am using the Oppo split HDMI out to send video direct to the projector and audio to my SC-09 on the other output. I am getting lip sync issues due to the SC-09 inserting a delay.
Is there a way to tell the SC-09 that it is only receiving audio and no video over HDMI? I have looked through the manual and nothing pops out at me.

Cheers
post #5317 of 5378
Thread Starter 
^^
have you tried the Sound Delay settings in Audio Parameters. It's been quite a while ago but early on in HD formats, I had to use it couple times, nothing in last few years though.

HDMI audio only...nothing jumps out at me. there's the HDMI Amp/Through setting but that would disable audio altogether if you changed it to Through.

How about the player side? if you're using bitstream, have you tried setting the HDMI output to PCM?
post #5318 of 5378
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk02 View Post

another cable with another device (PC monitor), unfortunately, no picture. frown.gif

haven't caught up with your post yet smile.gif

did you try turning the Video Converter off? it may be set to an incompatible resolution but it should be set to Auto unless you had changed it. I'd try turning it anyway to see what happens, maybe rule out the possibility that it's gone wonky. also, make sure Deep Color in off in your source, if it's a Bluray player just to eliminate that possibility. I'm kind of grasping at things...

HDMI setting of Amp/Through should be Amp but that would effect audio not video. make sure it's set to Amp anyway.

it just may be that the 1) you have a bent pin in the connector or 2) HDMI transmitter circuitry for HDMI 1 out developed a problem so no output. you may need to have to have it looked at by service shop or at least have them go thru the service menu to test the diagnostics.

if something else occurs to me, I'll let you know but it's not obvious, sorry frown.gif
Edited by ss9001 - 1/17/13 at 3:18pm
post #5319 of 5378
Is anyone using the AV-iCONTROL-A android apk? (not the original pioneer apk) Susano is on the list of the apk.
post #5320 of 5378
I have recently developed an issue with my SC-09TX. I have used an Apple TV as a source for music since the day I purchased the Pioneer several years. Putting the 09TX in any surround mode while feeding it a 2-channel HDMI signal from the Apple TV has always resulted in a simulated surround with subwoofer. Recently, I noticed the subwoofer is not outputting audio with the 2-channel audio fed by the Apple TV. This has not been an issue in the past. It seems that now, the subwoofer will only output audio if it is being fed a 5.1 or 7.1 signal. This really bothers me that it has all of the sudden happened. Also, the unit has stopped outputting white noise on the right channel when doing speaker setup using the internal test tones. It is important to note that I use external amplifiers, however, I have set the speakers up several times without issue. It is almost as if these two items are related and were discovered at the same time. I have performed the factory reset on the SC-09TX and still both issues remain. I am wondering if the recent software update for the DTS issues has caused these problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated, however, I am assuming no one else is experiencing these issues...

Thanks in advance!
post #5321 of 5378
Ok.. How do I calibrate for front align or all chnl adj. How do I select this in the menu?
post #5322 of 5378
Thread Starter 
^^
did you read the manual? it's in there, page 45 in ch 7.

have you owned the SC-09 very long?

basically, you select Custom MCACC in the MCACC menu and select ALL to calibrate all 3 modes. not hard.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

post again if you are still stuck after reading the chapter on MCACC.
Edited by ss9001 - 4/14/13 at 3:03pm
post #5323 of 5378
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

^^
did you read the manual? it's in there, page 45 in ch 7.

have you owned the SC-09 very long?

basically, you select Custom MCACC in the MCACC menu and select ALL to calibrate all 3 modes. not hard.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

post again if you are still stuck after reading the chapter on MCACC.

Ok thanks.. I'll try it again. Ever since I got it brand new back in '09 I only did calibration for Symmetry which I guess is default. I recently did some audition to my surrounds and need to recalibrate. So wanted to experiment more with the receiver... Yea I know.. 4 yrs later now getting the chance to play around with this beast..lol..
post #5324 of 5378
Thread Starter 
^^
4 years - I agree about time to experiment with it wink.gif

btw - you select the preset you want from one of the remote buttons, IIRC, called MCACC Preset or you can select Audio Parameters and the presets are at the top of the list of things you can change. so it's easy to select one once you have it setup in the calibration.
post #5325 of 5378
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

^^
4 years - I agree about time to experiment with it wink.gif

btw - you select the preset you want from one of the remote buttons, IIRC, called MCACC Preset or you can select Audio Parameters and the presets are at the top of the list of things you can change. so it's easy to select one once you have it setup in the calibration.

Wow!..thanks.. That was easy! lol! Feels like I have a brand new toy again. I think I like how front align sounds. Sounds a little more full up front. I'm so glad pulled the trigger on this behemoth back then. I think it was going through the last production. Got it for $5100 brand new from my local authorized dealer. No one makes high end receivers anymore. And to bad Pioneer did away with the ICE amps. I think the only thing I don't like about this receiver is the ability to set each of the speakers with different X overs. And eq for the subs. I'm looking into getting a Velodyne SMS-1 as soon as my new dual subs arrive. Any thoughts about this eq sub with the SC-09TX?
post #5326 of 5378
Btw, I went back manually after calibration and set the channel level for each saved MCACC preset. Using a SPL meter set at 75db, c weighting, and slow response.
post #5327 of 5378
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

^^
4 years - I agree about time to experiment with it wink.gif

btw - you select the preset you want from one of the remote buttons, IIRC, called MCACC Preset or you can select Audio Parameters and the presets are at the top of the list of things you can change. so it's easy to select one once you have it setup in the calibration.


Well maybe not 4 yrs ago till I got to play with it then. The last time was when we had that big firmware update over a year ago. Cause of the DTS bomb. Remember that?
post #5328 of 5378
Thread Starter 
^^
sure do remember 'da bomb smile.gif

and I highly recommend the Velodyne SMS-1. I have a DD-18 sub with the same EQ system built-in. used it for years and it does a great job. about 2 yrs ago, though, I bought a used SVS AS-EQ1 from member AustinJerry to try out Audyssey sub EQ and have the Velodyne's EQ bypassed. both systems will do a great job but SVS discontinued theirs so you'd have to find one used, like I did. sometime in 2014 I *may* not need the SVS anymore, but that won't help you now wink.gif get the SMS-1 and you'll have a very good add-on to your setup. there's no doubt it will improve overall bass response. there's a learning curve but you'll have no problems once you see the settings & display plus Velodyne has an excellent manual, directions & tips.

I also wish there were new real flagships but that market has gone away, probably not to return. I still have the SC-09 even though I also bought the new SC-68 and have no plans to sell the 09.
post #5329 of 5378
I just ordered 2 SC Reference subs. And I had a question... My current subs in my system now are 2 SCII. Smaller then the Reference. But do deliver some great bass IMO. But doesn't go as deep. Anyway I was thinking of still using these subs with the Reference. Can I use a Y for each of the LFE out of the receiver? Like one Y for the left LFE to one SCII and the other to the SC Reference. Then same config for the right LFE? Btw, I cross over at 80.
post #5330 of 5378
Thread Starter 
^^
sure, see no reason why not. just keep in mind that the receiver will "read" each pair as one sub for calibration so that might influence where you position them. maybe you could look at the options this way -

2 Reference's in front Y-d together & the 2 SCII's in the rear Y-d together. that's a sub in each corner, one of the optimal configurations.
or along each wall
or 1st Ref & 1st SCII in front & 2nd pair in back
or lined up along front wall, big ones on outside, small ones on inside, Ref, II (1 pair), II, Ref (1 pair)

I don't know which one is going to be the best, but if you could pull off 4 corners, that would be really cool biggrin.gif

I'm envious, I have 2 subs (Velo DD18 & SCI) and wish I could move them around a bit, but the room setup won't allow me much choice except front corners.
post #5331 of 5378
Jus ordered a brand new SMS-1 from Velodyne. Got a great deal for it too. Anyway, any tips or suggestions on the receiver side. And just by research I guess run MCACC first then SMS-1. Is it ok after SMS-1 to go back to manual channel level. And level the channel levels to 80db with a spl meter. I usually do this after Auto MCACC. And bring up the LFE 5-10db higher then the others.
post #5332 of 5378
Thread Starter 
^^
congratulations smile.gif

yes, I think you're on the right track as to how to go about it. at least from my own memory, I haven't touched my DD sub in couple of years so IIRC, I did it by doing MCACC 1st to set the distances etc.

this is an old thread but let us know how it turns out for you & if anything comes up. there's also the Velodyne thread in the subwoofer forum that can be a big help in answering questions on using the SMS. Plus, someone hi up at Velodyne used to post replies there also. I haven't visited in a long time so don't know who @ Velodyne is posting now.

cool.gif
post #5333 of 5378
What should I expect to pay for one of these second hand?
post #5334 of 5378
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcrpro3 View Post

(Warning-Individual opinion alert!)I hate to be a wise guy, but the easy answer to your question is; A ridiculous amount!!!.....eg. two are on Amazon at this time for $5K...This unit came out in 2008 making it a 5+ model year old item. Though its MSRP at the time
was $7K, it could be had at $5K give or take. Granted, it had all sorts of bells and whistles an a rated 200w/ch output...you can spend less than that today for a top notch AVR or pre/pro and an outboard amp to match the power out of that unit..plus the benefits of more modern auto room correction features..........(ready to be flamed)....


If say I found one for 1000-1500 would that be a decent deal?
post #5335 of 5378
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t View Post

If say I found one for 1000-1500 would that be a decent deal?

possibly

depending on what features it doesn't have that you'd later regret not having later wink.gif if that makes sense.

look, I still own & use mine. I use it along with a newer SC-68 that I've integrated into a combination. there are 3 main reasons I haven't tried to sell it

- it has legacy connections & capability (ILInk/PQLS) that have been dropped in new models, no matter who the mfg is
- I can still use its amps by connecting the preamp outputs from the SC-68 into the SC-09's multichannel inputs
- I paid around $6000 for it in May 2008 and probably would lose quite a bit selling it used. I've seen some for < $3K go unsold on ebay, audiogon. And I'm not willing to take that much of a loss smile.gif

it's a tank, extremely high build quality and robust amps. if you value that, can find someone selling for $1000 or so, and won't miss newer features like height/width channels, 3D TV, 4K TV, internet radio, Pandora, etc. then it certainly wouldn't be a "bad" purchase. I hate to say this, but I wouldn't spend $2000 for one & I own it.

it's up to you what you value...but I'd also seriously look at the SC-68 and the new top model, SC-79, will be out very soon. the new models don't have the total power capability of the SC-09 but you can add external hi powered amp later if you wish. do you need multichannel analog inputs to connect a player like the Oppo 95/105 player & use the player's analog section? if you do, the SC-09 has them & you can add MCACC & processing to them. the SC-68 still has them but no MCACC can be added. so there's decisions on your part about what you'll use & what you won't that only you can answer smile.gif

the SC-09's display is awesome, its build is awesome, and it really is separates quality in one box. but it's still 5 yrs old smile.gif

I know I won't be selling mine anytime soon, mostly because of its value in today's market but I also have the luxury of being able to afford adding a new AVR to my gear collection so that I could get some new things. if you want 3D for example, you'd have to get a player with 2 HDMI outputs, connect 1 to the SC-09 for audio and the 2nd directly to your TV to get the 3D. What it does, it does extremely well plus had the most powerful amps put into a receiver. the SC-09 & Denon 5308 were the last of the true flagship receivers. just go in knowing what current features it won't do, especially some of the networked & media file capabilities available now.

hope this helps in some way.
Edited by ss9001 - 6/24/13 at 3:56pm
post #5336 of 5378
thanks for the info bud. I am not at all worried about 3D TV, 4K TV, internet radio, Pandora, etc. I will be building a dedicated little HTPC soon with a decent sound card that will go to the avr. My only real desires in seeking an AVR are overall build quality/reliability first, sound quality then power. I was comparing this to the yamaha z9 and maybe the denon 5805mk2 and 5905ci or sony's da9000es... these appear to be well built too... I actually thought of going with an older unit due to the better build quality of the older stuff but I saw these monsters and became intrigued...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

possibly

depending on what features it doesn't have that you'd later regret not having later wink.gif if that makes sense.

look, I still own & use mine. I use it along with a newer SC-68 that I've integrated into a combination. there are 3 main reasons I haven't tried to sell it

- it has legacy connections & capability (ILInk/PQLS) that have been dropped in new models, no matter who the mfg is
- I can still use its amps by connecting the preamp outputs from the SC-68 into the SC-09's multichannel inputs
- I paid around $6000 for it in May 2008 and probably would lose quite a bit selling it used. I've seen some for < $3K go unsold on ebay, audiogon. And I'm not willing to take that much of a loss smile.gif

it's a tank, extremely high build quality and robust amps. if you value that, can find someone selling for $1000 or so, and won't miss newer features like height/width channels, 3D TV, 4K TV, internet radio, Pandora, etc. then it certainly wouldn't be a "bad" purchase. I hate to say this, but I wouldn't spend $2000 for one & I own it.

it's up to you what you value...but I'd also seriously look at the SC-68 and the new top model, SC-79, will be out very soon. the new models don't have the total power capability of the SC-09 but you can add external hi powered amp later if you wish. do you need multichannel analog inputs to connect a player like the Oppo 95/105 player & use the player's analog section? if you do, the SC-09 has them & you can add MCACC & processing to them. the SC-68 still has them but no MCACC can be added. so there's decisions on your part about what you'll use & what you won't that only you can answer smile.gif

the SC-09's display is awesome, its build is awesome, and it really is separates quality in one box. but it's still 5 yrs old smile.gif

I know I won't be selling mine anytime soon, mostly because of its value in today's market but I also have the luxury of being able to afford adding a new AVR to my gear collection so that I could get some new things. if you want 3D for example, you'd have to get a player with 2 HDMI outputs, connect 1 to the SC-09 for audio and the 2nd directly to your TV to get the 3D. What it does, it does extremely well plus had the most powerful amps put into a receiver. the SC-09 & Denon 5308 were the last of the true flagship receivers. just go in knowing what current features it won't do, especially some of the networked & media file capabilities available now.

hope this helps in some way.
post #5337 of 5378
Thread Starter 
^^
then the SC-09 would fit the bill for you smile.gif it sounds like you really want one of the true flagships. in that light, I'd highly recommend a used SC-09 for that kind of price. just wanted to be sure you knew the score. it's been a great AVR for me.
post #5338 of 5378
For what it was, i would pay that amount if i had the funds available............
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t View Post

If say I found one for 1000-1500 would that be a decent deal?
post #5339 of 5378
ss9001,Is threre anychance I can watch the movie from lcd view in front of the amp and my projector simultaneously?Thank in advance.I have Susano for many years now but I just want to try it on osd view and I cannot for all day now.smile.gif
post #5340 of 5378
Thread Starter 
^^
yes you can but there are restrictions plus a setting you have to change.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

this is from the US manual, pg 110

it won't work with HDMI inputs, and only those listed in the top right of the page. you have to connect with analog video (composite, SVideo). not sure about component video but for that low resolution display, it's probably not worth the effort to use component video wink.gif

it also states that you may have to go into the video processor settings and make a change if no picture....my guess is the resolution smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official Pioneer SC-09TX/SC-LX90 Owner's Thread