I have spent a few hours on this and here are some first thoughts.
For those that just want settings to play with:
- This is close to a full featured CMS, with the ability to move primaries and secondaries (within limits) as well as the ability to adjust luminance settings of each primary and secondary individually.
- Using blue filters, the 750's "Blue screen" feature, and my DTP-94 colorimeter results in quite different color settings. For example, using the Rec709 disc and the TV's "Blue Screen" feature, the color setting that looks right is 52. Using the blue filter that came with DVE, the setting is 47. And using my DTP-94, it is 45. However, because of the changes that can be made with the individual colors, the main color setting is only relative.
- Also doing basic calibration I get a significantly different brightness setting with the visual "basic calibration" on the Rec709 disc and the DTP-94 probe. The brightness settings using the disc alone are ~38, but I tested this with Near Black in ColorHCFR and black was crushed (and in using these settings while watching TV black looked crushed, too). The setting using the probe is 43-44 consistently.
- The results I obtained match with ColorHCFR and CalMAN.
- I'm getting CR values in the 1800-2000 range.
DTP-94 colorimiter probe
Pattern is Rec709 (Blu-ray), PS3.
YpBCR Superwhite ONI show the PS3 setup to illustrate how the calibration was done. This is the only pattern generator I have. I take the settings and input them into my STB HDMI input. There are no "game" settings that will be coming from me.
Mode - Standard
Backlight - your choice (calibrations were done with 8, but that is just to get tighter readings at the low light levels. BL does not change calibration, so if you want a brighter or darker picture use BL, not Contrast and Brightness)
Contrast - 89
Brightness - 44
Sharpness - 50
Color - 45
Tint - 50/50
Black Adjust OFF
Dynamic Contrast OFF
Gamma - 0
Color Space - CUSTOM
G R43 G49
Y R50 G48
C R61 G55 B50
M R46 G9 B61
Flesh Tone 0
Edge Enhancement OFF
Color tone - NORMAL
Size JUST SCAN
Digital NR AUTO
Hdmi black level NORMAL
Auto Motion Plus YOUR CHOICE
Energy Saving OFFFor those that have ColorHCFR the file is attachedFor those that don't have ColorHCFR here are some screens from the ColorHCFR run
Overall, the dE values are pretty good. The grayscale can be better, and even though it will be, I doubt it will be a difference that is visible.
I didn't capture a "before" of the CIE, but for those that have seen the 71's CIE, they are the same.
If anybody has CalMAN and wants that file, let me know.
750 RUN 4.zip 2.85546875k . file