or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Eureka on SciFi in HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Eureka on SciFi in HD - Page 7

post #181 of 610
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I thought the line of the night in this week's show came after Tess had given Jack a highly technical explanation of the current danger facing Eureka. Jack then said, "I love it when you talk nerdy to me."

There was another subtle one Carter snuck in there with Fargo, when he came after Martha and caught Fargo and his woman making out in the lab. and when he was leaving he said:
'Martha, Fargo come(slight pause as he heads out the door) with me.'
post #182 of 610
Since this finale was shot so long ago, I think they did a respectable job of trying to tie up loose ends while leaving the door open for another season. They were able to involve virtually everyone. I loved the science lab love tryst between Fargo and Julia - all mussed hair and eyeglasses akimbo.

The one thing I know for sure after my brief exposure to this show during the summer is that I really like it and I want more. I'll also be disappointed if Salli Richardson-Whitfield doesn't come back. Ferguson, Morton and Richardson-Whitfield have great chemistry, and I'm hopelessly infatuated with Salli R-W. Color me shallow, but persons of mixed race/ethnicity are among the most attractive people I've ever known. The blending of African American, native American Indian, Irish and Italian makes for one intoxicatingly beautiful woman. Someone slap me.
post #183 of 610
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post

Since this finale was shot so long ago, I think they did a respectable job of trying to tie up loose ends while leaving the door open for another season. They were able to involve virtually everyone. I loved the science lab love tryst between Fargo and Julia - all mussed hair and eyeglasses akimbo.

The one thing I know for sure after my brief exposure to this show during the summer is that I really like it and I want more. I'll also be disappointed if Salli Richardson-Whitfield doesn't come back. Ferguson, Morton and Richardson-Whitfield have great chemistry, and I'm hopelessly infatuated with Salli R-W. Color me shallow, but persons of mixed race/ethnicity are among the most attractive people I've ever known. The blending of African American, native American Indian, Irish and Italian makes for one intoxicatingly beautiful woman. Someone slap me.

I think Allison will be back, I think the real life pregnancy took her off the show temporarily, it may have even contributed to the shortened run(originally we should have had 13 when it returned instead of the 10 we got). I also hope Zoe comes back. As far as eye candy, I hope Fargo's main squeeze returns.
post #184 of 610
I couldn't help myself and just watched Eureka's finale again. Liked it even more the second time. I'd forgotten from an earlier episode how gifted Colin Ferguson is at physical comedy. He reminds me of a young Dick Van Dyke.

There were several hilarious moments, and some really tender ones, too.
post #185 of 610
Loved the scene of Jo in the car at the stop sign. A nice tribute to a scene with Richard Dryfus in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
post #186 of 610
I was starting to think I was the only Eureka viewer who had seen Close Encounters. Glad someone finally mentioned it!
post #187 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftboomer View Post

Loved the scene of Jo in the car at the stop sign. A nice tribute to a scene with Richard Dryfus in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Nice homage, indeed. As soon as I saw the mailboxes shaking I thought of Close Encounters. FWIW, Wikipedia is reporting that there will be a 22 episode season 4.
post #188 of 610
Best Buy has DVD sets of Eureka Seasons 1 & 2 for sale this week for $20 each. Much as I wanted to wait for the Blu-ray discs, my curiosity about the early eps I have yet to see got the best of me.
post #189 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post

Best Buy has DVD sets of Eureka Seasons 1 & 2 for sale this week for $20 each. Much as I wanted to wait for the Blu-ray discs, my curiosity about the early eps I have yet to see got the best of me.

That's probably sensible. Eureka is a terrific series. It's easy for we BD snobs to forget that, despite not being HD, DVDs still look very good.
post #190 of 610
I watched all the Season 1 & 2 episodes and was able to fill in the gaps from watching the Syfy episodes out of order. The second season DVDs were better than the first - actually quite good for SD. I'll still get the Blu-ray discs if they're ever released.

Can't wait for this show to resurface - hopefully with Salli R-W returning as Allison Blake. Since "Hank" tanked (the Kelsey Grammer show in which Jordan Hinson played his daughter), maybe Zoe (Hinson) will return, as well.
post #191 of 610
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post

I watched all the Season 1 & 2 episodes and was able to fill in the gaps from watching the Syfy episodes out of order. The second season DVDs were better than the first - actually quite good for SD. I'll still get the Blu-ray discs if they're ever released.

Can't wait for this show to resurface - hopefully with Salli R-W returning as Allison Blake. Since "Hank" tanked (the Kelsey Grammer show in which Jordan Hinson played his daughter), maybe Zoe (Hinson) will return, as well.

Tess Fontana(aka Jaime Ray Newman) is freed up, since her new show Eastwick has gotten the axe. Saw Henry Deacon on 'The Good Wife' the other night, don't know if he's a regular or not on that show, it would not be the same Eureka without Henry. I do hope Zoe is back.
post #192 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

Tess Fontana(aka Jaime Ray Newman) is freed up, since her new show Eastwick has gotten the axe. Saw Henry Deacon on 'The Good Wife' the other night, don't know if he's a regular or not on that show, it would not be the same Eureka without Henry. I do hope Zoe is back.

I've watched Eastwick, but I'm quite disappointed in the writing. The actresses have been quite good, but IMO they've been given little to work with. I had hopes Newman would get a solid role. She could have handled it. I'd prefer to see Salli R-W return to Eureka as Allison, but I could live with Tess if motherhood prevents R-W from coming back. Ideally, all the Eureka core characters will be back, including Zoe. I'm really fond of the cast, and I'd be especially disappointed if Joe Morton didn't reprise his role as Henry Deacon.

I haven't heard any news about when Eureka's 4th season will begin. If anyone finds out, I'd appreciate a heads up.
post #193 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

Saw Henry Deacon on 'The Good Wife' the other night, don't know if he's a regular or not on that show, it would not be the same Eureka without Henry. I do hope Zoe is back.

Morton is a reoccurring guest star on TGW. He plays the attorney of Chris Noth-the bad husband, who is married to the lead and stuck in jail.
post #194 of 610
Thread Starter 
wiki says Eureka will be back in Q2 of 2010, if I was guessing I would guess late June. With a 22 episode season coming up, I'm expecting a split season.
post #195 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

wiki says Eureka will be back in Q2 of 2010, if I was guessing I would guess late June. With a 22 episode season coming up, I'm expecting a split season.

Too bad we'll have to wait so long. I'm really looking forward to the new season. Of course, it's good having some shows I really like during the lean summer months. I suppose Warehouse 13 is going to start its new season in the summer, too. That show didn't grab me nearly the way Eureka did, but I'm still looking forward to season 2.
post #196 of 610
I wish they'd emulate how the BBC does Dr Who and produce a stand alone special, that could air in the middle of these breaks-much like USA has done with Monk and Psych airing Christmas special episodes in December. Having the shows off the radar for so long is frustrating...at least a special would help bridge the gap between seasons.
post #197 of 610
Well, finally, we get some information on Season 4 - when it's going to begin and a surprising new cast member, along with several other juicy tidbits. It's all right here.
post #198 of 610
Nooooooooooo... he's a traitor, or maybe the messiah... or a cylon.

post #199 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post

Well, finally, we get some information on Season 4 - when it's going to begin and a surprising new cast member, along with several other juicy tidbits. It's all right here.

He'll be a great addition.

Just in case some people don't want to know:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Glad Eastwick was canceled so we get Jaime Ray Newman back.
post #200 of 610
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

He'll be a great addition.

Just in case some people don't want to know:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Glad Eastwick was canceled so we get Jaime Ray Newman back.

And in addition in case people don't want to know:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Glad 'Hank' got canceled, so we get Zoe(Jordan Hinson) back too.
post #201 of 610
Thread Starter 
Just saw a new promo for Eureka coming in July:




post #202 of 610
Now that's what makes Eureka so much fun for me. Priceless!
post #203 of 610
If I had to say one thing about Eureka to sum it up...

Eureka is fun.

It is a lot of other things... smart, funny, sci-fi, etc... but mainly it is a fun show to watch.
post #204 of 610
Lots of reruns of Eureka coming up in the next couple of weeks, including tomorrow night. And there's a mini-marathon this Sunday. Set your recorders accordingly.
post #205 of 610
SyFy will have a "Eureka/Warehouse 13" crossover arc in August: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post18660122
post #206 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

SyFy will have a "Eureka/Warehouse 13" crossover arc in August: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post18660122

I cant wait for this.
post #207 of 610
I recently became hooked on this show (I know, where have I been) and have rented all the seasons thru Netflix. I'm two episodes in on disc one of season of 3.5. Is there another season between 3.5 and the current season starting this Friday? I think I can finish all the episodes before Friday.
post #208 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I recently became hooked on this show (I know, where have I been) and have rented all the seasons thru Netflix. I'm two episodes in on disc one of season of 3.5. Is there another season between 3.5 and the current season starting this Friday? I think I can finish all the episodes before Friday.

No. They divided it into season 3 and season 3.5. You'll be caught up.
post #209 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post

No. They divided it into season 3 and season 3.5. You'll be caught up.

Excellent. Thanks for the info. I just finished disc 1 of season 3.5 and disc 2 should be in my mailbox today. It's gonna be close getting in the remaining episodes before the current season kicks off this Friday. But I'm up for the challenge.
post #210 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Excellent. Thanks for the info. I just finished disc 1 of season 3.5 and disc 2 should be in my mailbox today. It's gonna be close getting in the remaining episodes before the current season kicks off this Friday. But I'm up for the challenge.

I'm a certified Eureka junkie now. Gotta have my fix Friday. I just hope they decide to release Blu-ray discs of the first 3 seasons. There are several episodes I've never seen in HD.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Eureka on SciFi in HD