or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › PS3 Pics - Apartment Setups
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PS3 Pics - Apartment Setups - Page 4

post #91 of 1293
Here are some Ghost rider pics from my PS3. Had my TV calibrated on Thursday. Such a huge difference.

Who likes blacks?!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I apologize for the last frame, poor choice on my part.
post #92 of 1293
MobileHavoc, You and I have the same set (5271). You should really have your set calibrated, you will shizzle your pants. This set is so sick after calibration. When I saw the a750, I wanted to sell my 71 to purchase it, but after calibration, it makes my buddies 750 look like its in the minors. Granted his set isn't calibrated, and I'm sure it will be amazing. I guess my point is that the 71 is a heck of a panel. Regardless of how great the Kuros is, the 71 is just as good, for the difference in price.
post #93 of 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrasz View Post

Love your setup man. This is going to sound a bit silly but I dig the color you picked for your family room - any idea what brand/color it was? Is that a flat finish?

Getting ready to buy a house so I'll be decking out my family room and so far yours is closest to what i'm going for myself.

I also have to agree, that color is pretty swanky! I definately want to know what color/brand it is.
post #94 of 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcjrodriguez View Post

MobileHavoc, You and I have the same set (5271). You should really have your set calibrated, you will shizzle your pants. This set is so sick after calibration. When I saw the a750, I wanted to sell my 71 to purchase it, but after calibration, it makes my buddies 750 look like its in the minors. Granted his set isn't calibrated, and I'm sure it will be amazing. I guess my point is that the 71 is a heck of a panel. Regardless of how great the Kuros is, the 71 is just as good, for the difference in price.

Been thinking about it, who did you use to calibrate it and how much? I want to make sure I get someone who knows what they're doing.
post #95 of 1293
I used Gregg Loewen from Lionav.com. I don't think we're allowed to talk prices on these forums, but he's cheaper than most. He's very informative and goes the extra mile.
post #96 of 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Mog View Post

I also have to agree, that color is pretty swanky! I definately want to know what color/brand it is.

thanks for comments guys! it's Behr Paint (Home Depot), and color is Wild Manzanita / 700B-7.. I used eggshell sheen... I wish I would have went with flat.. Watch out tho.. It will make the room very dark and comfy.. need lots of accent lighting to light up the room... But, every one has digged.. Its one of those color you never thing will look good till its on! Oh, I also had to do like 4 coats!
post #97 of 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post

Yes I know, Xbox 360 guide...but I have all 3 systems so I figure it's ok to post here.



You have your PS3 set up exactly on the side of the TV like me.

It looks beautiful with just the slit showing on the side of the TV like that.
post #98 of 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post

You have your PS3 set up exactly on the side of the TV like me.

It looks beautiful with just the slit showing on the side of the TV like that.

Yeah, the main reason I did that (apart from looks) is when I had the PS3 horizontally in the entertainment unit (which has a lot of ventilation) the PS3 fan would come on like a jet engine. If I have it veritcal like in the pic, the fan never comes up to a speed that's audible even in complete silence. My PS3 at least prefers to stand up
post #99 of 1293
Thread Starter 
I just picked up one of those stands for my PS3 as well. But for me to get it on the side of the TV, I have to go pick up a new stand....sux.
post #100 of 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitman View Post

thanks for comments guys! it's Behr Paint (Home Depot), and color is Wild Manzanita / 700B-7.. I used eggshell sheen... I wish I would have went with flat.. Watch out tho.. It will make the room very dark and comfy.. need lots of accent lighting to light up the room... But, every one has digged.. Its one of those color you never thing will look good till its on! Oh, I also had to do like 4 coats!

Cool thanks! Based on my experience, flat finish sucks! I used a flat finish in my bedroom on a darker color and it picks up random dust like crazy. Not so bad with lighter colors in the living room though.
post #101 of 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post

You have your PS3 set up exactly on the side of the TV like me.

It looks beautiful with just the slit showing on the side of the TV like that.

I go even further and put the PS3 entirely behind the TV. Here's my setup (you'll have to excuse the crappy iSight camera from my Macbook Pro):

My system:

TV: Sony KDS-50A2000
Receiver: Sony STRDG-1000
DVD-A: Pioneer DV588S
Speakers: Ascend CBM170x3, Ascend HTM200x4, Hsu VTF2

That's an HTPC on the bottom right, which is almost noiseless even when playing Portal @ 1080p. The PS3 is behind the left side (about where the little pause sign is), and my PS2/PS3/PC games are in a small container on the bottom left. The item to the right is my wireless mouse/keyboard receiver and charger, and behind it is an external dual-HDD FW800 enclosure. That's where I have a certain 6-movie set in 1080p.

My collection:

Yeah, I'm running out of space. For now, I keep all my discs separate but alphabetical. Blu-ray is above the shelves and the first two boxes of the top shelf. DVD is everything else to the last box on the bottom, which is my collection of SACD and DVD-Audio, including all 3 LOTR Complete Recordings in 5.1 DVD-A @ 24-bit/48khz.

In case you're wondering about some of those DVD spines, I've got quite a few custom covers that I've found over the years. For instance, that really is the 2nd Death Star made from the spines of all my Star Wars DVDs (middle of 2nd shelf from the bottom), and my LOTR:EE all use Ric Easton's custom Alan Lee hardcover versions (which he has sadly retired).
post #102 of 1293
I'm not sure what you were watching in that first pic, but that's about the most disturbing thing I've seen this week...
post #103 of 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Avarice_ View Post

I'm not sure what you were watching in that first pic, but that's about the most disturbing thing I've seen this week...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066921/
post #104 of 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus311 View Post

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066921/

Really? I would have guessed "The Full Monty" from the look of that pic.

I read the book, but never saw the movie
post #105 of 1293
That's a Clockwork Orange...A classic!!! Man, I saw that movie when I was like 12 (was born in 79). Such a twisted good movie.
post #106 of 1293
Thread Starter 
Avarice...you're not familiar with "ultra-violence"...for shame!

Jblacklow...finally someone who has the same receiver as me. Can you support my claims that it is not a typical Sony receiver in terms of performance, features, and style?
I tell all my AV buddies, but nobody really seems to take me seriously. Does it do well with the Ascends...I was recently on the fence about buying a bunch of the CBM 170s when they had the sale going on...but I ended up opting for some Polk floorstanders and the CS2 center.
post #107 of 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwright77 View Post

Avarice...you're not familiar with "ultra-violence"...for shame!

Heh. I was going for the most iconic frame from the film, but Avarice should check it out, even though it doesn't follow the book in some major ways.
Quote:


Jblacklow...finally someone who has the same receiver as me. Can you support my claims that it is not a typical Sony receiver in terms of performance, features, and style?

Depends on what you mean by "typical". Personally, I think it's a well-built receiver that handles everything I throw at it with virtually no problems. It's not 100% perfect, but in terms of price/performance, it's easily as good as or better than Harman Kardon products that I've owned.
Quote:


I tell all my AV buddies, but nobody really seems to take me seriously. Does it do well with the Ascends...I was recently on the fence about buying a bunch of the CBM 170s when they had the sale going on...but I ended up opting for some Polk floorstanders and the CS2 center.

It does great with the Ascends, which are all ~6 years old and still sound great despite being pushed fairly hard on occasion. With the PS3 decoding everything, lossless tracks sound gorgeous. I actually looked up during "Master and Commander" because scenes below-decks replicated the footsteps above them perfectly!
post #108 of 1293
Thread Starter 
that gave me chills buddy...M&C is one of my favorites but I havent picked up the blu-ray yet (deciding b/t V for Vendetta and M&C). Sounds like M&C probably has a better soundtrack.
post #109 of 1293
Sound system is coming shortly:



post #110 of 1293
Thread Starter 
Looks nice outside man...what city are you in?

Very clean, I like the simplistic look...not too cluttered. Put that PS3 on the top shelf and it's a winner
post #111 of 1293
That's a city just outside milwaukee. There's some more stuff I need to do with cleaning up cables and such but that can wait until I receive my receiver/ speakers.
post #112 of 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwright77 View Post

Looks nice outside man...what city are you in?

Very clean, I like the simplistic look...not too cluttered. Put that PS3 on the top shelf and it's a winner

If he puts the ps3 on the top it won't look right, considering it is longer. You always want the largest unit on the bottom, so you can work your way up. A pyramid if you will.
post #113 of 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsid1an View Post

That's a city just outside milwaukee. There's some more stuff I need to do with cleaning up cables and such but that can wait until I receive my receiver/ speakers.


What are you getting for audio?
post #114 of 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcjrodriguez View Post

What are you getting for audio?

Looking like it will be a eD.
post #115 of 1293
Thread Starter 
lcjrodriguez...you're absolutely right...I was only joking about the "tier" placement of the consoles.

Obsidian...it's a very nice setup in a nice location. once you get your sound settled, I am sure you'll be very happy.
post #116 of 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by corejonp1 View Post



Here is my humble apartment setup. I have seen some awesome set ups in this thread. I have a 5.1 set up for now, and the receiver will be upgraded from the 5960 to the 863 or the 1800 within a month. That will allow me to get rid of the crappy hdmi switch. It's a pretty straight forward Yamaha set up with 555's, 444's, and a 333 center. Mirage Omni S-10 sub carries the lows. The plan is to buy a house within a year, and for this tv to become the bedroom tv, and the 32" sony lcd in the bedroom to become the kitchen tv, and then to upgrade to a large flat panel for the living room - thats the plan anyway.

nice set up. just out of curiosity, do you have people livign below you?

Im trying to set up a 7.1 system in my apartment in san francisco. the problem is I hae wood floors and peopel living above and below me and share one wall with my neighbors.

Any sugestions on how not to get kicked out of my place?
post #117 of 1293
Just turn your volume down VERY LOW until you get a house. I have the same problem and my 5.1 setup is a full array of INFINITY 50 BK's, 360 center, ES 250 surrounds with a BIC Acoustech Sub...yes, way too much of a system in an apartment setting...so I just keep it low until I move to a house sometime....can't wait till I can crank them up to see what they can really do.
post #118 of 1293
You can let it loose every now and then, just be sensible about what time you decide to do it. If you wanna have a big session maybe slip a note under the neighbor's doors and give them a warning. Tell them to let you know if there's any problems.
The apartment setup I'm in is great - there's three apartments on each floor and the layout is kind of like a three leaf clover. We're connected by the lift corridor but otherwise there's no common walls at all. We're on the 12th floor and the 13th floor is clear space and the apartment below us is empty.
I can crank it up without upsetting anyone but the wife
post #119 of 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsid1an View Post

Sound system is coming shortly:




Is that the Sanus or the Bello stand? I thinking of getting one in a few weeks.

I see its the Sanus doesn't hide the wires?
post #120 of 1293
iamitman.. we could get plenty of tail in that pad.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › PS3 Pics - Apartment Setups