Do you think all the problems are because of Windows 7 & Catalyst 9.12 shows the cloned displays as DVI DFP Monitors? I got the EDID output with Moninfo.exe after getting audio to work with that six step disconnect reconnect process I posted a while back http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post17649998. The program displayed 2 realtime devices. Here are the files:
I have two solo ones:
1. the Samsung only w/ ATI HDMI audio working
2. the Onkyo getting the audio and outputting to the Samsung HDMI 2 (Catalyst only shows the Onkyo PR-SC885p as an HDMI DTV)
3. I have two other files made while clone mode was actually allowing for HDMI audio.
I'm thinking that even though the Onkyo is listed as the first two displays in Device Manager, Windows is screwing up because the cloning requires both the DVI outputs on the 4870x2 to have an audio output (not just the bottom one).
I don't want to give up when I know a bunch of guys using the Moninfo.exe INF's have gotten it to work. But it seems like the clone mode is the source of intermittent operation, as evidenced from the disconnect/reconnect routine.
1. The Samsumg 8000 has a very simple video block, exactly the same as my Samsings LCD TV. Audio block is for only 2 channel LPCM.
2. The Onkyo 885p EDID shows a HUGE Video block, whereas the audio block is exactly the same as the onkyo 906 I've been posting all around. That huge video block must be not parsed well by the ATI driver and thus your handsahe issues.
So I replaced that awful video block with the one from your Samsung TV. I thus attach a modded EDID for the Onkyo 885p with video block from the Samsung and audio block from the Onkyo itself. Hopefully, by overriding the native 885p with this modded one your nightmare will be over!
Onkyo 885p_MOD.zip 1.1630859375k . file