I hope nobody minds, but I have a few really stupid questions....
I should preface this with two facts:
1. I just finished unboxing a brand new 37LZ800, and just hooked up my PC, PS3, Cable Box, and Wii to it. Sometime tomorrow I'm gonna use the VGA port to hook up my Dreamcast! Got it from a local retailer (not Tweeter) at a very, very sweet price. It was funny...they brought it out on a car right next to a Sony (I think it was a 40W4100), and I swear the box for the Sony was so thin you'd have to stack 4 of them next to each other to equal the thickness of the Panny box!
2. This is actually my very first HDTV. Before this I was using my trusty HP L2335 computer monitor, which was really really nice for its time back in the day.
Now, aside from the fact that I'm frigging in love with this TV so far, and I really need to run my DVE Bluray disc and configure it, when playing around I came across a few things I couldn't figure out:
1. According to the specs, this TV does have a 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter. Now in the Advanced Picture setting, the 3D Y/C filter option is set to Off and greyed out so I can't change it. Any reason why, and is it something I should worry about?
2. Also, Color Matrix and MPEG NR are greyed out, with Color Matrix set to HD and MPEG NR set to off. Wondering the same as above, any reason why they're greyed out and is it something to worry about?
3. I haven't pinned it down, but when running my PS3 (via HDMI) and playing a Bluray movie, sometimes Motion Focus was greyed out and inaccesible, sometimes it was available and I could activate it. Anybody already figure out the logic to it?
I'll try to post more when I run through the DVE calibration and play around with it more. Trying to find a way to test if it gets 1:1 mapping when hooked up to PC via DVD->HDMI, and so far I found a test image that seems to say it does when set to HD Size 2. Text also looks nice and crisp, not overly washed out or hard to read, and right now my head is somewhere between 2 and 3 feet away from the screen.
Also, once I get this configured I'll be more than happy to run any tests and post pics if you guys are looking for anything. Got a crapload of Blurays and a bunch of PS3 movies to run through now. And thanks to all of your here and in the other LZ800 who did the comparisons between this set and the XBR6. When Sony decided CYA was far more important than customer satisfaction, I needed to find another option and you guys gave it to me!