or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › MAN! Thats a good looking speaker.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAN! Thats a good looking speaker. - Page 7

post #181 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnickrand View Post

Thanks lwien and JeffC. I spent more on that dog than my 5.1 speakers!!

Your dog does a great Clint Eastwood impersonation.
post #182 of 244
how about these new klipsch w35s



or the xf 48s

post #183 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnickrand View Post





Beautiful puppies, you gotta love the brindles. Good job NOT cropping the ears.

These aren't for everyone (Anthony Gallo Reference 3/3.1's), but they look amazing in person (I own a pair) and sound even better:

post #184 of 244
Vienna Acoustic Die Musik
post #185 of 244
Magellan-GC-SW2all, not sure how they sound, but have always looked really nice in my eyes...


post #186 of 244
post #187 of 244
never seen so much ugly for so much $$$$, thanks for the laugh guys!
post #188 of 244
I like these...





And this one...





But these are the best...



http://youtube.com/watch?v=8m8fbnShPcw
post #189 of 244
How to tell a true audiophile:

Picture a beautiful woman standing next to a tower speaker. The audiophile is imagining the speaker with the grille cloth off.
post #190 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergaryr View Post

How to tell a true audiophile:

Picture a beautiful woman standing next to a tower speaker. The audiophile is imagining the speaker with the grille cloth off.

...and then later when asked about the picture: "There was a woman in the picture?"

post #191 of 244
My addition to a great thread:






post #192 of 244
Nuance post your Song Towers. Those are pretty nice.
post #193 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by otk View Post

wilson audio alexandria x2




Hideous looking speaker,they look like Leader-1 of the old GoBots cartoon.
post #194 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawaun da bomb View Post

Hideous looking speaker,they look like Leader-1 of the old GoBots cartoon.

thank you..... those are the most ridiculous looking speaker I have ever seen....
post #195 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv View Post

thank you..... those are the most ridiculous looking speaker I have ever seen....

They are awsome though,they will blow hair off of your head,not my kind of sound,but they are 1 of the best dynamic cone designs you can buy,although they are not worth $148k.
post #196 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

My addition to a great thread:







These are contenders in more ways than just looks. A beautiful finish, indeed. Had the pleasure of listenin to music from some of my favorite records at a friend's house recently with some very fine equipment upstream. Thought I had jumped into an icy pond they were so awakening. Salk is an online manufacturer so the cost is much more manageable than most of the other speaks shown. Guess everyone knows that already (I'm kinda new). And it bears pointing out that those X-stats (in the photos with Bowser) are $800 bucks US. Nice thread.

PS- You video guys oughta get your speaks out from those walls for listening to music!
post #197 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post

Nuance post your Song Towers. Those are pretty nice.

Okay, I can do that. They certainly aren't as "puurty" as those HT3's, though.







post #198 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyaDawn View Post

I like these...





And this one...





But these are the best...



http://youtube.com/watch?v=8m8fbnShPcw

Wow what is the name of those speakers? They look like something from Star Trek.
post #199 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMaench1 View Post

Wow what is the name of those speakers? They look like something from Star Trek.



Looks like some kind of Walsh driver on steroids.....
post #200 of 244


The Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t has always been one of my favorites. I have Interlude IL-60s which share most of the the technology, but sure don't look nearly as cool.
post #201 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

Okay, I can do that. They certainly aren't as "puurty" as those HT3's, though.

Nice. I cannot find that spectacular pair of "burled" something or other STs at AudioCircle. They were beautiful IMO. I wish I had saved the picture.
post #202 of 244
I'm partial to these...







post #203 of 244
ChicagoTC, I have always loved the look of the Dali's.... they are simply gorgeous !!!

Funkmonkey.... Time to post your new babies up.... !!!!!
post #204 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMaench1 View Post

Wow what is the name of those speakers? They look like something from Star Trek.

The top one is the MBL 101 E and the bottom is the MBL 101 X. I've heard the former and they are AMAZING! Omnidirectional speakers, widest soundstage I have ever heard, totally holographic imaging. The dealer I was at also carries Wilsons and I heard the Alexandria X-2 right after and these sounded way more impressive.
post #205 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv View Post

Funkmonkey.... Time to post your new babies up.... !!!!!

Thanks Warp, I know that I sure like 'em.

These are my custom Salk HT3s and HTC. I spent many hours searching for the veneer, and in my opinion it payed off. Veneer is a special batch of Brazilian Rosewood and hand rubbed to a mirror like high gloss finish...






post #206 of 244
Here are another couple of beauts...

Acapella Audio Arts SPHÄRON "EXCALIBUR





Acapella Audio Arts SPHÄRON

post #207 of 244
I actually thought the Acapella looks weird and offensive. The sound as I just auditioned them using full top of the line Cary separates aren't that great either, even in the well treated showroom... compared to PSB Imagine bookshelves paired with Cary's ICE 200ASC amp. I'd say they're more art pieces than sound reproduction equipments.
post #208 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda View Post

I actually thought the Acapella looks weird and offensive. The sound as I just auditioned them using full top of the line Cary separates aren't that great either, even in the well treated showroom... compared to PSB Imagine bookshelves paired with Cary's ICE 200ASC amp. I'd say they're more art pieces than sound reproduction equipments.

Wrong, they look AWESOME!!!
post #209 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyaDawn View Post

Wrong, they look AWESOME!!!

They look awesome if discounted down to $2500 a pair
post #210 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyaDawn View Post

Wrong, they look AWESOME!!!

....but is there a way to tell if they are horn loaded drivers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › MAN! Thats a good looking speaker.