or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Pioneer 9G non-Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Pioneer 9G non-Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 493

post #14761 of 14941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower 4 View Post

Sorry to bust in but I need some help I just picked up a 5020 and it won't power up one quick blink of the blue light then the red stand by blinks 8 over and over. Done some reading seems to be ADRS what ever that is,I think something with the power supply which is a AXY 1200-b. Has anyone had this problem and Im I on the right track thinking its the power supply and it just needs replacing if I can find one? Thanks for any help
I read something about that on the Kuro elite owners thread with a few owners . You might want to check it out . Sorry don't remember details .
post #14762 of 14941
I've got a pretty simple question I can't seem to get my speakers to work on my 6020.
I haven't used them since I hooked it up and it worked fine . I normally use my Integra 80.3 via HDMI to handle the audio . Anyway can't find my owners manual and can't for the life of me get the speaker bar on the tv to work .Thanks in Advance !
post #14763 of 14941
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Plasma/PDP-6020FD

Here's your manual - easy to find using your browser's search function in case you need it again. I would also hook up the speaker bar to your a/v to make sure it is working to eliminate it as the problem.
post #14764 of 14941
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Plasma/PDP-6020FD

Here's your manual - easy to find using your browser's search function in case you need it again. I would also hook up the speaker bar to your a/v to make sure it is working to eliminate it as the problem.
Thank you !!
post #14765 of 14941
Thanks factor ill check it out
post #14766 of 14941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower 4 View Post

Thanks factor ill check it out
Your welcome smile.gif This was a few weeks ago I believe when I read that folks having similar issues . So you'll have to go back a few pages anyway good luck and keep us posted with your findings .
post #14767 of 14941
_Avarice_
Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
Thread: The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread
I think there might be a few different "blink codes" that can be traced to a power supply failure....mine was 8 red blinks on a 6020fd.


Thanks again Factor, This one post is what I was hoping to find that a power supply replacement can fix my 8 blinking red problem I'm pretty sure my 5020fd is pretty much the same as the 6020fd only smaller. now I just need to find one on line I know this thread is old but I will post results just in case someone needs help.
post #14768 of 14941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower 4 View Post

_Avarice_
Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
Thread: The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread
I think there might be a few different "blink codes" that can be traced to a power supply failure....mine was 8 red blinks on a 6020fd.


Thanks again Factor, This one post is what I was hoping to find that a power supply replacement can fix my 8 blinking red problem I'm pretty sure my 5020fd is pretty much the same as the 6020fd only smaller. now I just need to find one on line I know this thread is old but I will post results just in case someone needs help.
Your Welcome Tower, and thanks for sharing your findings ! Looking forward to hearing when you have your 5020 up and running again .
post #14769 of 14941
Please forgive this 8G post and that I'm posting in more than one Kuro thread. I'm trying to get information to save ours and there isn't much time or much related activity.

We turned out set off Thursday evening, and when I turned it on Friday afternoon I got a "Please Wait" message and no other image on the screen. After a minute the message went away and there were eight blinking LED lights. I left the set disconnected for about 90 minutes and tried again. Everything was the same except that now the signal was twelve flashes. I've tried two more times and still get twelve flashes.

From what I've learned, our set's problem seems to be related to the OTA turner and TV Guide based on the 12 blinking lights. The problem, as reported by others, seemed to start out as one that interrupted viewing sessions but, could be temporarily be corrected by going from on to stand by and back to on.

In our case, I turned the set off the previous night and couldn't get it back on the next evening. More relevent perhaps is that we have never had an external antenna connected, scanned for channels, or used the TV Guide function. I recall that the only firmware upgrade that I'm aware of was to make changes to the OTA tuner. I didn't install it. Also, we have never had a cable box connected directly to the TV. We have always used an AVR to switch sources.

If anyone remembers a solution or analysis of this problem, I will appreciate hearing from you. My main concern is that the fix requires replacing a board that is no longer available. eek.gif
post #14770 of 14941
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Please forgive this 8G post and that I'm posting in more than one Kuro thread. I'm trying to get information to save ours and there isn't much time or much related activity.

We turned out set off Thursday evening, and when I turned it on Friday afternoon I got a "Please Wait" message and no other image on the screen. After a minute the message went away and there were eight blinking LED lights. I left the set disconnected for about 90 minutes and tried again. Everything was the same except that now the signal was twelve flashes. I've tried two more times and still get twelve flashes.

From what I've learned, our set's problem seems to be related to the OTA turner and TV Guide based on the 12 blinking lights. The problem, as reported by others, seemed to start out as one that interrupted viewing sessions but, could be temporarily be corrected by going from on to stand by and back to on.

In our case, I turned the set off the previous night and couldn't get it back on the next evening. More relevent perhaps is that we have never had an external antenna connected, scanned for channels, or used the TV Guide function. I recall that the only firmware upgrade that I'm aware of was to make changes to the OTA tuner. I didn't install it. Also, we have never had a cable box connected directly to the TV. We have always used an AVR to switch sources.

If anyone remembers a solution or analysis of this problem, I will appreciate hearing from you. My main concern is that the fix requires replacing a board that is no longer available. eek.gif

Hi smile.gif

What is the model number of the 8G ? ...
post #14771 of 14941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower 4 View Post

_Avarice_
Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
Thread: The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread
I think there might be a few different "blink codes" that can be traced to a power supply failure....mine was 8 red blinks on a 6020fd.


Thanks again Factor, This one post is what I was hoping to find that a power supply replacement can fix my 8 blinking red problem I'm pretty sure my 5020fd is pretty much the same as the 6020fd only smaller. now I just need to find one on line I know this thread is old but I will post results just in case someone needs help.

Hi,

What would you say roughly the hours on your panel is if you can't access the factor/service menu ?
post #14772 of 14941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu03 View Post


Hi smile.gif

What is the model number of the 8G ? ...
It's the 6010. D-Nice thinks it's probably the power supply, so there is a chance those boards are still available. I'll begin finding out Monday.

P.S., D-Nice thinks that twelve flashes is related to the power supply. The problem started with eight flashes in each set, but after a couple of full power cycles it changed to twelve were it has stayed.

P.S.S. D-Nice is getting back to me. He thought the blinking lights were red at first. The repair service has diagnosed a main board failure which is what the service manual seems to say.
Edited by htwaits - 9/2/13 at 6:12pm
post #14773 of 14941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu03 View Post

Hi,

What would you say roughly the hours on your panel is if you can't access the factor/service menu ?
Do not know the hours set was given to me. all he said was that it used to work be fore the 8 blinks started
post #14774 of 14941
I currently have an HP MD5880N (58" DLP, 1080p), that will be my reference.22.gif
post #14775 of 14941
Quote:
Originally Posted by teirdvdme View Post

I currently have an HP MD5880N (58" DLP, 1080p), that will be my reference.22.gif
to/for what? since you didn't quote the post you were referencing and there are 400+ pages posts no one has any idea what you're talking about.
post #14776 of 14941
^Don't feed the bot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkgsxr View Post

I hope to have my 6020 tomorrow. I will post detailed pics and an initial review, which will be less detailed then the pics . I currently have an HP MD5880N (58" DLP, 1080p), that will be my reference.

Fingers crossed on delivery tomorrow...

My home theater:

Pioneer Elite vsx81tsv receiver- HDMI out to 6020fd

SA Explorer 8300- connected to receiver via HDMI

Panasonic S97 upconversion DVD player- connected to receiver via HDMI
post #14777 of 14941
What exactly is the point of that?
post #14778 of 14941
webcrawling? Maybe they'll be adding a link to their sig in the near future in the hope of generating hits. I typically report them...and they typically quote a random post or part of a post on the first page of a thread.
post #14779 of 14941
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

^Don't feed the bot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

webcrawling? Maybe they'll be adding a link to their sig in the near future in the hope of generating hits. I typically report them...and they typically quote a random post or part of a post on the first page of a thread.
Good catch! I didn't see where they grabbed it from.
post #14780 of 14941
I have a 60 inch 6020 that was upgraded with the Elite board and then calibrated by ChadB. I sort of have the itch to go to a 65 inch Panny v-60 or z-60 just for the extra screen size. I would consider selling the 6020 to a good home. It is wall mounted and in perfect shape (excepting some minor scratches on the base of the stand if you had use for that item). The screen and bezel are perfect and the tv has never had a problem. Anyone interested can PM me. I am in Indianapolis IN.
post #14781 of 14941
I don't think 5" is worth it to spend extra money on a new TV. Especially if you have a kuro at 60". Are you going to be using the other features of the TV like, apps, 3D etc.?
post #14782 of 14941
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

I don't think 5" is worth it to spend extra money on a new TV. Especially if you have a kuro at 60". Are you going to be using the other features of the TV like, apps, 3D etc.?
I know for me when I went from a 65" panny to my 60" Kuro it made a huge difference and the Kuro seemed much smaller . But with that being said I love my Kuro and glad I made the switch but I do miss that 65" display size .
post #14783 of 14941
Mostly I want the 17% bigger picture. It appears that Panny has finally matched the Kuro. I also have a bad habit of buying new toys..lol I won't pull the trigger unless I get a decent offer on the Kuro though.
Edited by AlanBuck - 9/15/13 at 11:47am
post #14784 of 14941
Has panny taken care of that ever so talked about black level issues 3 years ago or so ? I'm still amazed at the PQ of my Kuro its amazing . The panny was pretty good but that issue spooked me at the time .
post #14785 of 14941
My 6070 won't die! It's been 8 years of very satisfying viewing but the ZT60 is calling out to me.

Even the wife is onboard to upgrade.
post #14786 of 14941
It appears that that issue is dealt with. I would surely hope so.
post #14787 of 14941
I fear the ZT and VT 60's might be the last great plasmas ever made. Panny is making noises about dumping plasma which is shame considering how far they have come with it.
post #14788 of 14941
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanBuck View Post

I fear the ZT and VT 60's might be the last great plasmas ever made. Panny is making noises about dumping plasma which is shame considering how far they have come with it.
That would be pretty sad if they do .
post #14789 of 14941
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanBuck View Post

It appears that that issue is dealt with. I would surely hope so.
I would hope so to it was pretty crazy a few years ago though . That's why I ended up with my Kuro but I still feel it was a blessing in disguise . Except for going from 65" to a 60" .
post #14790 of 14941
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post

I would hope so to it was pretty crazy a few years ago though . That's why I ended up with my Kuro but I still feel it was a blessing in disguise . Except for going from 65" to a 60" .

C-net tested some a year or two ago and they said the black levels remained stable even after thousands of hours of use.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Pioneer 9G non-Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread