Saw your comment about replacing your bulb, and have some questions for yourself or anyone else who has replaced bulbs in these models:
So; I have an HL50A650 that was purchased in August of 2008. I estimate it gets used an average of 10 hrs per day. We have been lucky in that we have had no problems of any kind, yet.
I say yet because I think I am about to loose my first bulb.
This weekend I noticed the overall brightness (and to some degree contrast) seem to be diminished. I am suspicious that the bulb is on it's way out because:
- it's original
- Upon more critical viewing; On bright scenes I can see a periodic (every few seconds) shifting in the overall brightness level. Seems to "bump" up and down in brightness every few seconds.
- If I look near the left rear (area where there is light leakage from the cabinet) onto my sidewall; I see the same "pulsing"
1) Has anyone else seen this symptom as their bulb nears E-O-L?
2) Any advice on the best source for a good bulbs (and what is a good price anyway)?
3) And seeing the other more serious problems that others have had here (power-cycling, ballast issues, color wheel failures, etc..); Perhaps I should not even bother with investing in a new bulb, maybe it's time to replace the set.
(I would hate to invest north of $100 in a bulb only to have one of the other "hard-failures" a few months later) ....
Appreciate your input and opinions!