or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Wal-Mart throws in $100 gift card with Blu-ray player purchase
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wal-Mart throws in $100 gift card with Blu-ray player purchase - Page 7

post #181 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranddeeman View Post

Good to know. The only problem with that is you have to get the BS BB card , the opportunity to use it rare compared to wally world. Wally card is like actual cash

In which case being able to order the 1500 online at Wal Mart has you covered.
post #182 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkserpant View Post

Will this work? Can you get a ps3 and then get your gift card. Then go to another store and do it again and get another gift card and so on. Then take the ps3's back and get you money back. If you do this 4 times you get a free ps3, correct?

Uhh... No.
post #183 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkserpant View Post

Will this work? Can you get a ps3 and then get your gift card. Then go to another store and do it again and get another gift card and so on. Then take the ps3's back and get you money back. If you do this 4 times you get a free ps3, correct?

What you can do is this...buy four or more PS3s separately and then sell them with receipt to Craigslist buyers for a few bucks less than the total receipt price for each so they get a deal.

You then have four or more $100 Walmart gift cards to use as you like (including buying the PS3 bundle).

And the good thing is your actions are above board and ethical.
post #184 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkserpant View Post

Will this work? Can you get a ps3 and then get your gift card. Then go to another store and do it again and get another gift card and so on. Then take the ps3's back and get you money back. If you do this 4 times you get a free ps3, correct?

Since you are proposing throwing all moral/ethical considerations to the wind, why not just go full monty and rob a bank or mug somebody?

I think coolstrategist's idea would be a much better choice.
post #185 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkserpant View Post

Will this work? Can you get a ps3 and then get your gift card. Then go to another store and do it again and get another gift card and so on. Then take the ps3's back and get you money back. If you do this 4 times you get a free ps3, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad T View Post

Since you are proposing throwing all moral/ethical considerations to the wind, why not just go full monty and rob a bank or mug somebody?

I think coolstrategist's idea would be a much better choice.

At the store I purchased at, they were scanning the Serial Number Bar Code after the UPC was scanned (two scans total).

LOL, why don't you try it...
post #186 of 229
Tonight I ordered Sammy 1500 and Giftcard from Walmart!

JohnnyJT
South Philly
post #187 of 229
The Ebay way might be OK, but if you try to return them to Wal-Mart WITHOUT the GC I'll bet they will either deduct $100 off of the price you paid for the PS3 or refuse the return without the GC also being returned with the PS3 & if the GC was numbered? they'll know in an instant if you cashed it or not.
post #188 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolstrategist View Post

What you can do is this...buy four or more PS3s separately and then sell them with receipt to Craigslist buyers for a few bucks less than the total receipt price for each so they get a deal.

You then have four or more $100 Walmart gift cards to use as you like (including buying the PS3 bundle).

You wouldn't have to end up with 4 or more $100 gift cards if doing this in stores because you can use each gift card on the next purchase. I basically did that for 2 PS3s for friends. I bought one and then when I picked up the next at another Wal-Mart I used the first gift card. I sold one PS3 with the gift card to one friend who lives near a Wal-Mart and seemed like he valued the gift card from a previous conversation and then sold the other PS3 without a gift card to another friend who doesn't live near a Wal-Mart and doesn't seem to shop there, all for what I paid for them. They are both happy since Wal-Marts around here are selling out of these and I did the legwork and driving to pick them up, and I'm happy because I know they'll enjoy the heck out of these and got good deals.

The receipts would show that you got gift cards with each one and used gift cards on some, so how much a person on craigslist would pay comes into play. It could be that once the deal is over people on craigslist would be willing to pay close to $400 (like say $360), but I don't know if there will be that many buyers out there even at prices like that.

--Darin
post #189 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2 View Post

You wouldn't have to end up with 4 or more $100 gift cards if doing this in stores because you can use each gift card on the next purchase. I basically did that for 2 PS3s for friends. I bought one and then when I picked up the next at another Wal-Mart I used the first gift card. I sold one PS3 with the gift card to one friend who lives near a Wal-Mart and seemed like he valued the gift card from a previous conversation and then sold the other PS3 without a gift card to another friend who doesn't live near a Wal-Mart and doesn't seem to shop there, all for what I paid for them. They are both happy since Wal-Marts around here are selling out of these and I did the legwork and driving to pick them up, and I'm happy because I know they'll enjoy the heck out of these and got good deals.

The receipts would show that you got gift cards with each one and used gift cards on some, so how much a person on craigslist would pay comes into play. It could be that once the deal is over people on craigslist would be willing to pay close to $400 (like say $360), but I don't know if there will be that many buyers out there even at prices like that.

--Darin

Darin,

Yes, your method would work very well also.

I actually have had my PS3 bundle with receipt on Craigslist since release day for $560 OBO and have had six responses thus far for at least my asking price. They are now in a bidding war.

It's not like I post a scan of my receipt before they agree to buy and meet me with the cash.

But you are correct, after the $100 rebate ends second hand buyers will not care anyway.
post #190 of 229
btw for you guys that are buying the samsung 1500-you should be aware of the fact that it does not play dvd-ram,dvd+rw and dvd+r discs per the manual- in todays dvd world that is unacceptable imo.
post #191 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonGuy View Post

btw for you guys that are buying the samsung 1500-you should be aware of the fact that it does not play dvd-ram,dvd+rw and dvd+r discs per the manual- in todays dvd world that is unacceptable imo.

Thanks for the WARNING but it is not a big deal for me because I only use it to watch movies. And besides it can play dvd-rw and dvd-r.
post #192 of 229
Even though the manual does not say so it will play most of the above disks. I have tried DVD- & DVD+ disks that I recorded and they played with no problem. Regarding the schemes of cheating Walmart. I believe that they have no place on the forum and should be removed. The fact is that if you return the player the cost of the gift card will be deducted. I was told this when I bought a player.
post #193 of 229
Any Type of Fruad should not be allowed on this forum.Their is allways some unethical bastard out their.I bought The Maganavox BD at my walmart 3 weks ago.It has work perfect.Then this $100 gift card offer starts this week at walmart.I asked if I could get the gift card since I bought one a few weeks ago and they said sorry but no.But they even said that I had 90 days to return the maganavox I bought a few weeks back and say it was broken then get a new one with gift card,But I said I am not that hard up for a $100.But their is allways some jerk who would pull this scam off that has no morals.
post #194 of 229
Buddahead, I heard about the deal a few weeks ago and I asked when I bought the player if they ran a sale within the next 30 days would they give me the card. I was told that they would. I went back with my receipt and they gave me the card with no problems. I do not think your request to get the card is dishonest. Most stores have 30 day price protection. The other cases are quite different and are unethical in my opinion.
post #195 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaesare View Post

In which case being able to order the 1500 online at Wal Mart has you covered.

I respectfully disagree. The online GC is for use on-line only. The store card of walmart is the key, where the frequency of visits and item you can buy is in multitude.
BTW, samsung is OOS at walmart.com
post #196 of 229
Makes you wonder though, when my Philips DVP3960 ($44 at Wal-Mart) can play avi, divx, xvid, mpg, jpg files, why they wouldn't include the codecs for these? Yeah, I know, it's a "Blu-Ray" player, but it would be nice to just have "one" DVD player in your Home Entertainment Center. While I'm fantasying, how about adding the ability to play .ts and mpg2!

Ben
post #197 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahead View Post

Any Type of Fruad should not be allowed on this forum.Their is allways some unethical bastard out their.I bought The Maganavox BD at my walmart 3 weks ago.It has work perfect.Then this $100 gift card offer starts this week at walmart.I asked if I could get the gift card since I bought one a few weeks ago and they said sorry but no.But they even said that I had 90 days to return the maganavox I bought a few weeks back and say it was broken then get a new one with gift card,But I said I am not that hard up for a $100.But their is allways some jerk who would pull this scam off that has no morals.

I don't believe in doing the fraud things, but in this case I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't have to say it is broken at all because I think their policy is that you have 90 days to return it no matter the reason. You could just tell them that you are returning it because the effective price dropped, you are going to buy one at the lower price, and I'm pretty sure they would allow you to return it based on that reason, although there is a good chance they would do the transaction on your unit so that you got the gift card.

I think a lot of people abused Costco's return policy and that is why they changed it, but I don't consider returning a product like this 3 weeks after purchasing it (or asking for the new deal) because of a major price drop/deal to be outside the policy and wouldn't begrudge somebody doing that as long as they weren't lying to the store. I see it more like the 30 day price guarantee deals.

--Darin
post #198 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahead View Post

Any Type of Fruad should not be allowed on this forum.Their is allways some unethical bastard out their.I bought The Maganavox BD at my walmart 3 weks ago.It has work perfect.Then this $100 gift card offer starts this week at walmart.I asked if I could get the gift card since I bought one a few weeks ago and they said sorry but no.But they even said that I had 90 days to return the maganavox I bought a few weeks back and say it was broken then get a new one with gift card,But I said I am not that hard up for a $100.But their is allways some jerk who would pull this scam off that has no morals.

try a different store, or just tell them you want to do a return/rebuy because the price dropped - return/rebuys are standard practice for retail stores.
post #199 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahead View Post

Any Type of Fruad should not be allowed on this forum.Their is allways some unethical bastard out their.I bought The Maganavox BD at my walmart 3 weks ago.It has work perfect.Then this $100 gift card offer starts this week at walmart.I asked if I could get the gift card since I bought one a few weeks ago and they said sorry but no.But they even said that I had 90 days to return the maganavox I bought a few weeks back and say it was broken then get a new one with gift card,But I said I am not that hard up for a $100.But their is allways some jerk who would pull this scam off that has no morals.

You can return the player for ANY reason for a full refund within 90 days at Wal-mart.

If you really want the $100 gift card, box up your player, go to Wal-mart, tell them you want to return it because they have a better deal & I'm sure the manager will just do some receipt/exchange updating and you'll walk out with your player and a $100 gift card.


OT:
I was at Kmart today and noticed that their 40GB PS3 are now priced(on box) at $349 even though the store ad says they're $399.
I had the cashier grab one out of their lockdown case and scan it and sure enough, it rang up $349.

Could this be the new 40GB price and the 80GB will go for $499 or maybe less ?
post #200 of 229
To whom it may concern, my daughter just called me from the Miami area & she told me that she was in a Wal-Mart & the manager there had called every Wal-Mart in Miami for her because they were out of the PS3 & he found one store that had 2 left & the manager there said they would save it for her, but only for a 1/2 & hour & to get right over if she wanted it.

When she got there the manager told her he had just sold the other one 10 minutes before she arrived & that hers was now the only one left in the whole Miami area.

Just wanted to let people know incase you were going to try & get one in Miami that they are all sold out.
post #201 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Hardy View Post

Makes you wonder though, when my Philips DVP3960 ($44 at Wal-Mart) can play avi, divx, xvid, mpg, jpg files, why they wouldn't include the codecs for these? Yeah, I know, it's a "Blu-Ray" player, but it would be nice to just have "one" DVD player in your Home Entertainment Center. While I'm fantasying, how about adding the ability to play .ts and mpg2!

Ben

The Samsung 1500 DOES play .ts(AVCHD/H.264) which is a plus.
post #202 of 229
Anyone know if this deal is definitely over here in a few minutes? I just came across this info and a local store has a few 80 gig PS3 bundles...would hate to miss out on this just by going tomorrow instead of getting in on it tonight!
post #203 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman View Post

You can return the player for ANY reason for a full refund within 90 days at Wal-mart.

If you really want the $100 gift card, box up your player, go to Wal-mart, tell them you want to return it because they have a better deal & I'm sure the manager will just do some receipt/exchange updating and you'll walk out with your player and a $100 gift card.

Pretty much what I did. I was waiting on my Sony card to get here so I could get the $100 credit for that. But I knew they'd be sold out of PS3s by the time it got here, so I bought a PS3 last Sunday, then returned it today and re-bought it with my Sony card. So it cost me about $199 net.
post #204 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbpa View Post

Anyone know if this deal is definitely over here in a few minutes? I just came across this info and a local store has a few 80 gig PS3 bundles...would hate to miss out on this just by going tomorrow instead of getting in on it tonight!

Why wouldn't you just call the Walmart(s) you would actually stop at tonight for a more definitive answer?
post #205 of 229
It end after Sunday. Everybody keeps saying it enda Saturday night but that's wrong. It clearly shows on the front page of the Fathers Day ad that it is good through the 15th So you should be covered through tomorrow.
post #206 of 229
Sunday is the last day.
post #207 of 229
Attention WM shoppers " plastic shoes been berty, berty goud to me, Blu ray, I don no". It's a shame what my son and wife had to go through for my FD present. Yes, it may be the best deal, but I don't know if it's at all worth it. Bad news when BB and CC look good.
post #208 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabkab View Post

Attention WM shoppers " plastic shoes been berty, berty goud to me, Blu ray, I don no". It's a shame what my son and wife had to go through for my FD present. Yes, it may be the best deal, but I don't know if it's at all worth it. Bad news when BB and CC look good.

Well all is good if one has the time. I went to WW today with my reciept(388+tax) and 1500 box which clearly had a shipping label stating 348. Also had the online ad with 348 listed. After a couple of attempts by CS to say that doesn't neccesarily reflect the instore price, I finally got them to attempt to refund the 40 difference. During the process, my 100 GC was deflated to zero. It took about 30 minutes of 4 supers and they finally got it straight. WOW, what can I say. "Blu Ray Special, isle 13".
post #209 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonGuy View Post

The Samsung 1500 DOES play .ts(AVCHD/H.264) which is a plus.

Any information on (a program) converting a .ts file to AVCHD/H.264 and then burning it to a DVD that would play on the Samsung would be appreciated. The Samsung will not play raw .ts files burned as Data Files on a DVD.

Thanks,
Ben
post #210 of 229
Read this, and post just below it
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post14026146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Hardy View Post

Any information on (a program) converting a .ts file to AVCHD/H.264 and then burning it to a DVD that would play on the Samsung would be appreciated. The Samsung will not play raw .ts files burned as Data Files on a DVD.

Thanks,
Ben
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Wal-Mart throws in $100 gift card with Blu-ray player purchase