or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Wal-Mart throws in $100 gift card with Blu-ray player purchase
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wal-Mart throws in $100 gift card with Blu-ray player purchase - Page 4

post #91 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasR View Post

After calling 10 Walmarts in my area, I finally found one with the 1500 in stock. I bought it yesterday because they only had one available. Will return it today and repurchase for GC. It was also $348.....subtract the GC and you have a $248 blu ray player. I can't believe I paid $550 for my first DVD player back in 1999.

Will they let you use the gift card on the player?
post #92 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by gja View Post

Everyone might want to check out the asterisk on the GC offer online. Looks like it says online only. I called local Wally World to ask if it would be available at the store, clerk tried to scan in and was denied.

The online ad says nothing on the front page, but if you go to the electronics page, you will see the asterisk. I'm going to call again tomorrow morning to see if anything changes.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmcrawford View Post

gja, look at my post a couple up. you have to look at the ad that starts tomorrow and look at the insert page, it's clearly there and is not the electronic gc.

Sorry for doubting you mtmcrawford. I went this morning and asked them about the GC. The clerk knew nothing about it. Went ahead and bought the last 1500 they had and low and behold there was the GC in all its glory.

I'll give an update later today, once she's in the system.
post #93 of 229
My local Wal-Mart had both the Samsung -1500 and the Panny -BD30 (which I picked up to replace my BD10). Getting the GC was a bit of a hassle as it didn't initially ring up and the manager didn't have a copy of today's flyer. Had to persuade him to use the Power Of The Internet to view it on Wal-Mart's own web site.
post #94 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by gja View Post

Sorry for doubting you mtmcrawford. I went this morning and asked them about the GC. The clerk knew nothing about it. Went ahead and bought the last 1500 they had and low and behold there was the GC in all its glory.

I'll give an update later today, once she's in the system.

How does it ring up on the reciept? Does it show the player for $248 and a gift card for $100?

Thanks,
post #95 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakophyte View Post

How does it ring up on the reciept? Does it show the player for $248 and a gift card for $100?

Thanks,

The 1500 is $348 or $388 and then you get the gift card seperate and you can't use it on the player. The Magnavox is $298.
post #96 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakophyte View Post

How does it ring up on the reciept? Does it show the player for $248 and a gift card for $100?

The receipt shows 3 items: the player at full price, the gift card at $100, and the -$100 promo credit.

By the way, the gift card won't appear on the register if they just do a price check. They have to ring it up as an actual sale.
post #97 of 229
It wasn't pretty but did I manage to return my Samsung 1500 and repurchase it for $348 with the $100 gift card. I brought in the empty box and at first they accused me of trying to return an empty box and also stated the Blu-ray player in the ad was more expensive, etc.

Then the supervisor said they only price match for seven days so I couldn't get a price adjustment and I couldn't return and repurchase it as I would have to buy another player (their policy as well).

Since they didn't have another player in stock I asked to talk with someone a little higher up the chain and he eventually (or perhaps his manager?) agreed to the exchange with gift card as long as I knew what their policy was.
post #98 of 229
Thats the main reason I have decided not to try and get the new PS3 (With $100 GC)package from Wally World always a hassle.Got the pre order from Amazon that saved me $50 right there and would probably cost me the other $50 to drive between the 3 Wally Worlds in town.Its kind of like management tells their employees if you can give the customer enough of a hassle they will either take your word and buy any way or you will be so frustrated you will walk out.Of course thats with all companys any more.
post #99 of 229
Got a mag from my local wally world. Not a big hassle as the cashier could access the flyer.
Why mag? Because that was the only one available, no samsungs.
post #100 of 229
I had no hassel getting the $100 gift card from my local Walmart for the 1500 that I purchased two weeks ago. They were very nice about it. They don't have any more 1500's but they have about 6 BD30's and about 10 Mag units. The Mag at $290 with the $100 card is a great buy. It uses the Panasonic chipset and seems well made. A good deal for the final price of $199 for a stand alone player.
post #101 of 229
Picked up 1500 at the store on Pyramid. They had several $348.

mark
post #102 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by gja View Post

Sorry for doubting you mtmcrawford. I went this morning and asked them about the GC. The clerk knew nothing about it. Went ahead and bought the last 1500 they had and low and behold there was the GC in all its glory.

I'll give an update later today, once she's in the system.

No problem, just glad you were able to get it. Please post as soon as you test it as I can't go get mine until later this evening. My daughter has all star softball practice and I coach so that would be hard to get out of, but I'll go grab a sammy 1500 w/ gc later today.
post #103 of 229
post #104 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmcrawford View Post

No problem, just glad you were able to get it. Please post as soon as you test it as I can't go get mine until later this evening. My daughter has all star softball practice and I coach so that would be hard to get out of, but I'll go grab a sammy 1500 w/ gc later today.

Watched the first movie (POTC) and the picture was good but not what I had expected. Note that I have a Mits HC4900 front projector that plays 1080P/60. Picture was good but didn't POP like I saw at BB the other day. Had a problem getting sound at first until I got my 3806 aligned. Sound was really good. Effects were great.

Watched SDDVD Hairspray (no laughing, my daughter wanted to watch it) and upconversion was stellar. Very happy with the picture and again the sound was great.

Will try another Bluray movie later and see if it was just Pirates or if it's the player or settings that didn't shine. My gut tells me it's my settings. Will check back in later.
post #105 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by gja View Post

Watched the first movie (POTC) and the picture was good but not what I had expected. Note that I have a Mits HC4900 front projector that plays 1080P/60. Picture was good but didn't POP like I saw at BB the other day. Had a problem getting sound at first until I got my 3806 aligned. Sound was really good. Effects were great.

Watched SDDVD Hairspray (no laughing, my daughter wanted to watch it) and upconversion was stellar. Very happy with the picture and again the sound was great.

Will try another Bluray movie later and see if it was just Pirates or if it's the player or settings that didn't shine. My gut tells me it's my settings. Will check back in later.

POTC if I am correct is uncompressed pcm, try a bd that is true hd or hd master if you are using the analog outs with your 3806. I too was forced to watch Hairspray with my wife and daughter so I feel the pain with no laughing. Luckily my 4308 will decode so I am excited about watching pans labyrinth with hd master tonight.
post #106 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmcrawford View Post

POTC if I am correct is uncompressed pcm, try a bd that is true hd or hd master if you are using the analog outs with your 3806. I too was forced to watch Hairspray with my wife and daughter so I feel the pain with no laughing. Luckily my 4308 will decode so I am excited about watching pans labyrinth with hd master tonight.

You guys are lucky to have found a 1500. I gotta convince my family that today is the day, but my wife is a "present on father's day kinda a girl". I doubt there will be much left to choose from by then--maybe the Magnavox or Panasonic,if I'm lucky. The pisser is, we may just go to WM today for a grocery run. Wish me luck.
post #107 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabkab View Post

You guys are lucky to have found a 1500. I gotta convince my family that today is the day, but my wife is a "present on father's day kinda a girl". I doubt there will be much left to choose from by then--maybe the Magnavox or Panasonic,if I'm lucky. The pisser is, we may just go to WM today for a grocery run. Wish me luck.

Boy sometimes they stick the knife in AND twist.
post #108 of 229
hey guys
3 questions
whats the difference between 40gb ps3 and 80gb ps3 other than harddrive
does bestbuy match the walmart deal $399.99 w/GC
how about magnavox bluray player does this have ethernet port/comes with giftcard
post #109 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamovie View Post

hey guys
3 questions
whats the difference between 40gb ps3 and 80gb ps3 other than harddrive
does bestbuy match the walmart deal $399.99 w/GC
how about magnavox bluray player does this have ethernet port/comes with giftcard

80g SACD playback, 80% backward compatability with PS2games and maybe(some have/some haven't) but WM should have them too. on the GC

no ethernet port on the Magnavox
post #110 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamovie View Post

hey guys
3 questions
whats the difference between 40gb ps3 and 80gb ps3 other than harddrive
does bestbuy match the walmart deal $399.99 w/GC
how about magnavox bluray player does this have ethernet port/comes with giftcard

I assume you are refering to the bundle coming out this week. The 80GB has a bigger drive, can play PS2 games (the 40GB can't). The bundle also come with a rumble joystick and a game.
post #111 of 229
does the ps3 40gb have fan noise problem
does besybuy match the deal
anybody tried or knew
post #112 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond23 View Post

I assume you are refering to the bundle coming out this week. The 80GB has a bigger drive, can play PS2 games (the 40GB can't). The bundle also come with a rumble joystick and a game.

thanks raymond
post #113 of 229
My Walmart has the Panny 1500 in stock but says that it is not on sale. They want $448 for it. Is there any way to verify $348 as the advertised price?

Edit: I checked the online flyer and it says the unit is $448. What's up with the reduced price purchases?
post #114 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamovie View Post

does the ps3 40gb have fan noise problem
does besybuy match the deal
anybody tried or knew


please help
post #115 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabkab View Post

You guys are lucky to have found a 1500. I gotta convince my family that today is the day, but my wife is a "present on father's day kinda a girl". I doubt there will be much left to choose from by then--maybe the Magnavox or Panasonic,if I'm lucky. The pisser is, we may just go to WM today for a grocery run. Wish me luck.

I gotta wait a month till I can use my PS3. At least its only a week for you!
post #116 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlash View Post

My Walmart has the Panny 1500 in stock but says that it is not on sale.

There isn't a Panny 1500.
post #117 of 229
Ok, accepting that I have the manufacturer (Samsung, I know) wrong but not the model number why is the price $448 and people are buying it for $348?
post #118 of 229
When I was in Wally World 3 or 4 days ago they had the Samsung 1500 listed for 348.99(That was before the sale started on the 8th which added the stand alone players to the GC offer) if they have raised the price to 448.99 how unethical but then again we are talking Corporate America.But if I remember right the Panasonic was listed at 448.99
post #119 of 229
Just got back from BB and showed the ads of WM with 100 GC for any bluray, Showed them my receipt of sammy 1500 that I bought with BB 3 weeks ago they gave me the giftcard with no questions ask, This is the Bestbuy in Renton WA they are really nice.
post #120 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcanary73 View Post

When I was in Wally World 3 or 4 days ago they had the Samsung 1500 listed for 348.99(That was before the sale started on the 8th which added the stand alone players to the GC offer) if they have raised the price to 448.99 how unethical but then again we are talking Corporate America.

I was in WM I am sure this is a mistake because they have bd30 for 448.99 not the sammy 1500.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Wal-Mart throws in $100 gift card with Blu-ray player purchase