Originally Posted by tvshopper
Okay, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered my PRO-151FD. I cannot wait to get this baby and get it installed. I have to admit a bit of intrepidation with the installation, break in, etc. but am overall truly excited to own such an excellent piece of hardware. I have read tons of posts out here and have gleened the following:
Regarding break-in; three trains of thought.
1. Use D-Nice's procedure ONLY by setting the TV hot and running the slides for 150 hours. This is the only way to consistently burn the phosphors off in a consistent way. OR;
2. Nah, don't worry about that. Just watch normal stuff taking care to not view any static images (including tickers, pillar boxes, logos, etc.) during a reasonable break-in period.
3. Do both. Watch the TV but when you're not watching it, set it up to do D-Nice's procedure. However, do NOT use D-Nice's settings to watch normal content.
Regarding inspection upon delivery.
1. Inspect carton for signs of damage or mistreatment.
2. Open the carton and inspect the screen with a bright flashlight for cracks.
3. Check the bezel for proper mounting.
4. Anything else? May not be able to power it up as things won't be ready for it just yet (i.e. wall mount, etc.).
1. Carefully select the mounting position of the TV from a viewing perspective. Not too high!
2. Handle the TV only with the handles on the back.
3. Mount the brackets on the TV carefully. It says in the manual to lay the TV on its screen on a blanket on a table or floor. This gives me the creeps! Is that safe and ok?
4. Ideas for running the cables? What cables do I need? I am thinking that two HDMIs (DirecTV HD-DVR and Blu Ray (DVD right now)) and the power cord is it. Power cord in the wall? Or no way?
I appreciate any and all advice, suggestions, etc. Counting the days until delivery.