or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 931

post #27901 of 30259
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

The source currently escapes me, but I'm fairly confident it was somewhere in this giant thread (but closer to the end): http://www.avsforum.com/t/1422082/what-can-we-expect-from-2013-panasonic-plasmas
Well, my memory apparently failed us. Pulling the plug on R&D is under consideration: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nb20121218a4.html

I have read conflicting news concerning Panasonic pulling its plasma line. The following link is from July of 2012, so at least at that point the plasma line still looked promising to Panasonic:

http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/article/430955/panasonic_plasmas_dead_yet/
post #27902 of 30259
"Even Panasonic's LCD numbers fell about 30% short of expectations, and the size of the TV market has been shrinking from a peak of 35 million sets sold in 2009, according to the Consumer Electronics Association. There's clearly a general cooling of the TV market in general."

http://mashable.com/2012/05/11/panasonic-plasma-tv/
post #27903 of 30259
^^^^^

You just proved my point...there are conflicting reports concerning the future of Panasonic's plasma line. FWIW, the article you cite was in May and the article I posted was in July, so I conclude plasma is still doing great! biggrin.gif
post #27904 of 30259
^^^^^

I'm just trying to be of service not engage in a "you proved your point" p**sing contest. You win. You're right. I really don't care if sales are down or up or whether your right or not.

Be well.
Edited by Glashub - 1/3/13 at 9:29pm
post #27905 of 30259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glashub View Post

^^^^^
I'm just trying to be of service not engage in a "you proved your point p**sing" contest. You win. You're right. I really don't care if sales are down or up or whether your right or not.
Be well.

Did you not see my "smiley face?" I was justing joking!
post #27906 of 30259
I missed that. Sorry. It's all good.
post #27907 of 30259
Kumbaya, ya'll.
post #27908 of 30259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post

Anybody have an electronic copy of the 151fd service manual, or a working link? I need to replace the power supply and can't seem to find a copy.

You could try:-
http://elektrotanya.com/

I got my copy of the KRP500M Service Manual from there - I think you have to hunt for the actual download link amongst all the adverts.

Regards, Mike.
post #27909 of 30259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post

Anybody have an electronic copy of the 151fd service manual, or a working link? I need to replace the power supply and can't seem to find a copy.

Get the power supply from here- http://www.shopjimmy.com/pioneer-axy1201-power-supply-unit.htm

How many hours do you have on your kuro?
post #27910 of 30259
151fd service manual

www.maisiemanuals.com FREE!!!
post #27911 of 30259
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

Get the power supply from here- http://www.shopjimmy.com/pioneer-axy1201-power-supply-unit.htm
How many hours do you have on your kuro?

I did, did a search in this thread and came across Dmusoke's post where he went thru the same thing. I don't know how many hours, but I bet it is over 10k, my wife is a teacher that does not work summers, so the TV is on for most of the day, and I have had my 151fd since spring of 09 if I am not mistaken. I love this TV, the PS should be here today and my brother-in-law is coming over to help me bring it down from the wall and hang it back up when I am done replacing the PS.

Thanks guys for providing some links to the service manual, although I don't think I will need it, better to have and not need, than to need and not have. smile.gif
post #27912 of 30259
Success, replaced the power supply and the 151fd is back up and displaying its beatifull picture, it only took 45 minutes to do with the help of my brother-in-law.
I am glad he came over, cause my wife did not want to help me bring down the TV, it also helps to have another set of hands help you take out all the screws. Thanks to all that helped and provided limks.
post #27913 of 30259
Hey guys Purchased a used mint condition 151 Kuro, Looking to mount it and have the panel slightly angled towards the floor. Any recommendations on the best possible mount available?

Also thinking about having the set professionally calibrated and live in Canada. I have done some research on the internet and it looks like Michel Chen is the best option. Was wondering if anyone has dealt with him before? Good or bad experiences?

Drove 14 hours to pick up the set back in August of 2012 and it has been stored in my basement ever since due to renovations to my house. Can’t wait to get this Pioneer up and running, 2009 build date and the pervious owner estimates around 3k hours on it.

Regards.
B
post #27914 of 30259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust Bubble View Post

Hey guys Purchased a used mint condition 151 Kuro, Looking to mount it and have the panel slightly angled towards the floor. Any recommendations on the best possible mount available?
Also thinking about having the set professionally calibrated and live in Canada. I have done some research on the internet and it looks like Michel Chen is the best option. Was wondering if anyone has dealt with him before? Good or bad experiences?
Drove 14 hours to pick up the set back in August of 2012 and it has been stored in my basement ever since due to renovations to my house. Can’t wait to get this Pioneer up and running, 2009 build date and the pervious owner estimates around 3k hours on it.
Regards.
B

Congrats, you will love the 151.
post #27915 of 30259
Have a 151 in need of calibration, central New Jersey. Anyone have recommendations? Thank you.
post #27916 of 30259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust Bubble View Post

Hey guys Purchased a used mint condition 151 Kuro, Looking to mount it and have the panel slightly angled towards the floor. Any recommendations on the best possible mount available?

Also thinking about having the set professionally calibrated and live in Canada. I have done some research on the internet and it looks like Michel Chen is the best option. Was wondering if anyone has dealt with him before? Good or bad experiences?

Drove 14 hours to pick up the set back in August of 2012 and it has been stored in my basement ever since due to renovations to my house. Can’t wait to get this Pioneer up and running, 2009 build date and the pervious owner estimates around 3k hours on it.

Regards.
B
I would recommend the Sanus VMPL50B. I have used it with a 6020 & my 141.
post #27917 of 30259
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguerres View Post

Have a 151 in need of calibration, central New Jersey. Anyone have recommendations? Thank you.
I would recommend Jeff Meier of Accucal, he did a fantastic job on my 141 & my surround sound system. He does tours, check his website & you can also contact him through the website also.
post #27918 of 30259
I would agree with jeff meier. Did my 6010fd and 151fd with absolutely awesome results.
post #27919 of 30259
Jeff Meier did a great job on my 150 and the 151 replacement. He also included the audio settings on my 7.1 AVR. He's great.
post #27920 of 30259
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguerres View Post

Have a 151 in need of calibration, central New Jersey. Anyone have recommendations? Thank you.

In addition to Jeff Meier, D-Nice (PM on AVS) and others cover that area.. for a list of Calibrators, see HERE.. also owner calibration reports linked below in my signature.
post #27921 of 30259
I've used D-Nice twice to calibrate/touch up my 151 and would highly recommend him. His knowledge of Pioneer PDPs is impressive.
post #27922 of 30259
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-town oil View Post

I would agree with jeff meier.

I also vote also for Jeff Meier. He's worked on my 9g Elite two times. Sept 2008, December 2010 and he'll be working on it again this March.

So far it looks like it's been calibrated by him every two years. The last time (Sept 2008) the TV had drifted by quite a bit. It will be interesting to see if it "held" better this time. At least from what I see, it looks like it has, but I really won't know till March.
post #27923 of 30259
Question,

There's now video cameras that can record 1080p @ 60fps.

Does anyone know if the 151FD capable of receiving 1080p @ 60fps (by it's video inputs such as HDMI etc) and displaying it as 1080p @ 60fps?
post #27924 of 30259
I'm about to refresh the calibration on my 151fd (its been almost 2 years), what is the consensus for window size? the AVS709 window (@ 14%) or the small apl patterns from the same disc?

If memory serves, I believe I used the windows last time, but I see continued discussions here, in the calibration forum, and over at the ControlCal forums.

thanks
post #27925 of 30259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

Get the power supply from here- http://www.shopjimmy.com/pioneer-axy1201-power-supply-unit.htm
How many hours do you have on your kuro?

I did, did a search in this thread and came across Dmusoke's post where he went thru the same thing. I don't know how many hours, but I bet it is over 10k, my wife is a teacher that does not work summers, so the TV is on for most of the day, and I have had my 151fd since spring of 09 if I am not mistaken. I love this TV, the PS should be here today and my brother-in-law is coming over to help me bring it down from the wall and hang it back up when I am done replacing the PS.

Thanks guys for providing some links to the service manual, although I don't think I will need it, better to have and not need, than to need and not have. smile.gif

I presume you saw my pics at http://www.avsforum.com/t/1039269/the-official-pioneer-9g-elite-kuro-owners-discussion-thread/26910#post_21411430  and read about the ordeal i went thru to get to the fix?

 

Anyways, also remember that you'll need a buddy to help you lift the plasma off the wall and place it back on the wall, unless you're tall, very strong with wide armssmile.gif!

post #27926 of 30259
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post

I presume you saw my pics at http://www.avsforum.com/t/1039269/the-official-pioneer-9g-elite-kuro-owners-discussion-thread/26910#post_21411430  and read about the ordeal i went thru to get to the fix?

Anyways, also remember that you'll need a buddy to help you lift the plasma off the wall and place it back on the wall, unless you're tall, very strong with wide arms:) !

Yup, sure did. I had my brother-in-law help me get the TV down and put back up, took 45 minutes starting with bringing the TV down to putting it back up, I even grounded myself, didn't want to fry any other boards in case I lost my balance and touch them, I think taking out all the screws and putting them back took the longest. Glad that is over.

What did you do with your old power supply?
post #27927 of 30259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post

I presume you saw my pics at http://www.avsforum.com/t/1039269/the-official-pioneer-9g-elite-kuro-owners-discussion-thread/26910#post_21411430  and read about the ordeal i went thru to get to the fix?

Anyways, also remember that you'll need a buddy to help you lift the plasma off the wall and place it back on the wall, unless you're tall, very strong with wide arms:) !

Yup, sure did. I had my brother-in-law help me get the TV down and put back up, took 45 minutes starting with bringing the TV down to putting it back up, I even grounded myself, didn't want to fry any other boards in case I lost my balance and touch them, I think taking out all the screws and putting them back took the longest. Glad that is over.

What did you do with your old power supply?

Trashed it .... didn't want to have a reminder of my pain around the housesmile.gif!

post #27928 of 30259
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post

Trashed it .... didn't want to have a reminder of my pain around the house:) !

Lol, I was thinking somebody would want it and have it rebuilt or something.
post #27929 of 30259
I also replaced the power supply in my 9g Kuro....I held onto the old board just in case I needed to source a capacitor in the future. The local repair shop had quoted $1k for the repair. I did the supply swap and swapped the I/O board (6020 turned e-lite) for around $200.

It was surprisingly easy eek.gif
post #27930 of 30259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebarnman View Post

I also vote also for Jeff Meier. He's worked on my 9g Elite two times. Sept 2008, December 2010 and he'll be working on it again this March.

So far it looks like it's been calibrated by him every two years. The last time (Sept 2008) the TV had drifted by quite a bit. It will be interesting to see if it "held" better this time. At least from what I see, it looks like it has, but I really won't know till March.

Another vote for Jeff. He's a great calibrator but is also a really cool guy. As a matter of fact, he's most likely the only calibrator I'll use going forward. He calibrated my 141FD and 111FD last year and they look fantastic! Definitely happy with his work.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread