or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 934

post #27991 of 30268
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

^Well, you never know, maybe D-Nice can spread his magic to the ZT60 after he gets more hand's on time with it? wink.gif

You really wouldn't be tempted to upgrade in size if the new set could match the factory black level of your 500m?

What is the 500m measuring in mll post D-Nice calibration?

D? smile.gif

This isn't for every 9G set, right, just some of them that the black level enhancement can be achieved?
post #27992 of 30268
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarceau View Post

What is the 500m measuring in mll post D-Nice calibration?

D? smile.gif

This isn't for every 9G set, right, just some of them that the black level enhancement can be achieved?

Very low. Read this post and the rest-

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1039269/the-official-pioneer-9g-elite-kuro-owners-discussion-thread/27600#post_22120655
post #27993 of 30268
Thanks, saprano.
post #27994 of 30268
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarceau View Post

What is the 500m measuring in mll post D-Nice calibration?

D? smile.gif
Right now, 0.0002-0.0003fL
Quote:
This isn't for every 9G set, right, just some of them that the black level enhancement can be achieved?
Both 1st and 2nd gen Kuros can be improved. I recently enhanced a 5080HD to now measure 0.0023fL from 0.0056fL.
post #27995 of 30268
Anybody have any recommendations for a Chicago calibration? I have a 111FD that I'm considering having done. I've been running it in Pure mode since I purchased it.

D-Nice do you ever head to the Chicago area?
post #27996 of 30268
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceXX View Post

D-Nice do you ever head to the Chicago area?
Not during the winter. Late spring, yes
post #27997 of 30268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post


This is great to hear. D-Nice did the initial calibration on my 151 in 2009 and a touch up in 2011. I look forward to seeing what improvements D-Nice can do when my 151 is due for another touch up next year.

Hey D-Nice, thinking about it, should wait until my next tune up or are the improvements offered by your new software worth going ahead and doing now? You can PM me if you prefer not to post.

For anyone looking for a calibrator, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend D-Nice!
You are due for a recal this year and everything can be done at that point. I will be back in VA in March. Let me know if you want to get it done at that time.
post #27998 of 30268
D-Nice, ever get to Phoenix?
post #27999 of 30268
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmesch View Post

D-Nice, ever get to Phoenix?
Yes but I'm not sure when the next time I'll be there though. Maybe in a month or two.
post #28000 of 30268
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

Hey man. Good to see you posting. I thought you left us.

So according to what you posted, without doing your special calibration the ZT60 matches the kuro? What was the MLL? Did you get to test the F8500 too?

Basically I want to know can kuro owners replace their displays with either TV and be happy? Ate they finally better than the kuro?

For the new page in cased you missed it, D.
post #28001 of 30268
^You will find him making the assessment that you seek in the Panasonic 2013 thread.
post #28002 of 30268
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

^You will find him making the assessment that you seek in the Panasonic 2013 thread.

Yeah i was just reading it.

So it seems the ZT60 will probably match the 9G in blacks but not the 9.5G's. And by his wording, the F8500 too. I wonder how other things will hold up. I know samsung has always been good with color.
post #28003 of 30268
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

Yeah i was just reading it.

So it seems the ZT60 will probably match the 9G in blacks but not the 9.5G's. And by his wording, the F8500 too. I wonder how other things will hold up. I know samsung has always been good with color.
Look for the Samsung to run with the VT50 and/or VT60. I never said it would equal anything. Just give Panasonic a run for the money.... like the past few years.
post #28004 of 30268
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

You are due for a recal this year and everything can be done at that point. I will be back in VA in March. Let me know if you want to get it done at that time.

Sent you a PM.
post #28005 of 30268
D-Nice: Also sent you a PM.
post #28006 of 30268
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Yes but I'm not sure when the next time I'll be there though. Maybe in a month or two.

PM me, please!
post #28007 of 30268
D-Nice did you hear anything about pioneer selling the extra kuros they have?
post #28008 of 30268
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

D-Nice did you hear anything about pioneer selling the extra kuros they have?

What Kuro's do they have left?
post #28009 of 30268
I doubt any, since my delivered 151 has a April 2010 warranty, and there was little stock after that.
post #28010 of 30268
^For warranty replacements. Rogo mentioned it in the Kuro replacement thread, but I'm not sure if he was being completely serious. smile.gif
post #28011 of 30268
I had a Pioneer 101 replaced under factory warranty in JAN 2012 , Brand NEW unit .

Mark
post #28012 of 30268
Mark,

Was the replacement provided through your original manufacturer's warranty or through an extended warranty? A friend asked me If I thought he should re-up his Best Buy extended warranty. I wasn't too sure it would offer him much in the unlikely event of a panel failure.
post #28013 of 30268
My 151 came from Pioneer USA
post #28014 of 30268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post

Mark,

Was the replacement provided through your original manufacturer's warranty or through an extended warranty? A friend asked me If I thought he should re-up his Best Buy extended warranty. I wasn't too sure it would offer him much in the unlikely event of a panel failure.

The panel was replaced under manufacturer's warranty , panel came from Pioneer , my understanding is that no replacement Pioneer panels are available for extended warrantys.
post #28015 of 30268
What do you guys think of purchasing a used KURO with low hours. But most have to be shipped and it's expensive and they are used so if damaged upon delivery I'm screwed and beat for my money!

And if so does anyone know a reliable place with descent non abused KUROS.....D-NICE??? Or possible suggestions on one of the newer sets coming. I know this is the kuro thread and I own a 5020fd which destroys alot of tvs today even with it's off yellow accuracy
post #28016 of 30268
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

What do you guys think of purchasing a used KURO with low hours. But most have to be shipped and it's expensive and they are used so if damaged upon delivery I'm screwed and beat for my money!

And if so does anyone know a reliable place with descent non abused KUROS.....D-NICE??? Or possible suggestions on one of the newer sets coming. I know this is the kuro thread and I own a 5020fd which destroys alot of tvs today even with it's off yellow accuracy

You know that you can convert your 5020 into a pro111 (Elite) by doing an IO Board swap, right? Ask around on the forums if you need help locating one (they are hard to find now, but still around).
post #28017 of 30268
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Right now, 0.0002-0.0003fL
Both 1st and 2nd gen Kuros can be improved. I recently enhanced a 5080HD to now measure 0.0023fL from 0.0056fL.

D-Nice Do You Ever Get to the Detroit Michigan Area? I have a 5080HD which I would be interested in having you work your magic on. Thanks, and it's good to see you back and able to take some time out of your busy schedule to help folks on the forums as you have so graciously been doing for years !
post #28018 of 30268
D-Nice do you ever come to New York?
post #28019 of 30268
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm1 View Post

D-Nice Do You Ever Get to the Detroit Michigan Area? I have a 5080HD which I would be interested in having you work your magic on. Thanks, and it's good to see you back and able to take some time out of your busy schedule to help folks on the forums as you have so graciously been doing for years !

I might also be interested in a Detroit area calibration for my Pro-111FD.
post #28020 of 30268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxion View Post

You know that you can convert your 5020 into a pro111 (Elite) by doing an IO Board swap, right? Ask around on the forums if you need help locating one (they are hard to find now, but still around).
Unfortunately it's my dads and he won't let me mess with it he hates when i mess with the settings...(it's all envy lol) but thank you.

I sent my 111 back to pioneer (prolly 3 years ago) due to a huge buzz issue I was proly one in a million (just my luck no bs) anyway I regret it big time. I have a serious question though
I have a chance to purchase a Pioneer 1540 2006 model with very little hours according to seller and it's for 850$. I'm a lil suspicious but even for a 720p model is it even worth it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread