or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

STAR WARS Death Star THEATER- - Page 3

post #61 of 289
Thread Starter 
I began working on the Docking bay Scale to The Master Replica Falcon working on the basic outlines and base drawing first

post #62 of 289
Thread Starter 
I have worked on the design of the front Palpatine Docking bay to include the Palpatine Shuttle. Should be Sweet here is the preliminary drawings.
post #63 of 289
Looks great.I am working on a star wars theater now.Ihave alot of vintage stuff im putting up i will post pics soon.The photo bucket below is my old theater that i am reworking.
post #64 of 289
Thread Starter 
My friend and I sprayed the whole basement two coats of kilz2 latex primer from 10am-until 2pm that's with stopping for lunch. WOW! What progress!
post #65 of 289
Thread Starter 
Decided to axe the yoda, not literally but the balance would be off and will be adding a pit Droid in his place.
post #66 of 289
have you considered any lego star wars inserts. i know the lego star destroyer is almost the exact dimensions you mentioned for the one in your theater.
post #67 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericeash View Post

have you considered any lego star wars inserts. i know the lego star destroyer is almost the exact dimensions you mentioned for the one in your theater.


That reminds me... I should reassemble my Lego Star Destroyer and put it somewhere in my theater...
post #68 of 289
Thread Starter 
Not, a fan of the lego ships however I am a fan of the lego figures. So that might be interesting. I am putting a resin destroyer that is pretty sweet!

good luck on the lego destroyer- that should take just under 6 months lol
post #69 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by kampswas View Post

good luck on the lego destroyer- that should take just under 6 months lol

Actually.. it took 17 hours of work the first time.

When I disassembled it for our last move, I took it apart in sections, so hopefully I can do it again in less.
post #70 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by kampswas View Post

Decided to axe the yoda, not literally but the balance would be off and will be adding a pit Droid in his place.

I'm sorry, but at first glance that "thing" sticking out of the droid at hip area looked like...something not rated even PG-13


BTW,
My brother and I love your Star Wars HT, awesome.
post #71 of 289
nice, how many models do you have and what are the prices on each, if you don't mind me asking?
post #72 of 289
Thread Starter 
"nice, how many models do you have and what are the prices on each, if you don't mind me asking?"

Ugh I'd hate to reflect on this but here is a roll call the good thing is all this stuff would be able to be sold for more than I paid for them so that is my rationale for the purchases lol
Master replica AT-AT walker
master replica-Falcon-
Master replica sabers x6 average around 1
TK Stormtrooper costume-
TB Biker Scout Costume
Scratch Built Jawa-
Scratch built Pit Droid -
Imperial Shuttle model -
xwings models
Tie fighter model
Star Destroyer resin model
r2d2- probably-
Death Star Trench Scratch I Made resin casted
post #73 of 289
wow, that's a lot of good stuff. i'm starting to collect the lego models. any pics of the r2d2?
post #74 of 289
Thread Starter 


post #75 of 289
since you are pretty big into star wars, i'm guessing you've seen rastergate's han solo?
post #76 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericeash View Post

since you are pretty big into star wars, i'm guessing you've seen rastergate's han solo?

His Han Solo and beyond......
post #77 of 289
Awesome build man. I wish my wife would let me do this. Can't wait to see it finished!
post #78 of 289
sweet baby jesus! those lightsaber "sconces"!
post #79 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by kampswas View Post




how much was the padwan?

i know... j/k
post #80 of 289
Thread Starter 
All mudded and ready for paint now the fun begins wohoo!



post #81 of 289
Thread Starter 
Trying to figure out what the base of the docking bay will be and if I will use styrene Scored, or PLexiglass scored. I have also been throwing the idea of possibly using bondo and scoring that ontop of a piece of plywood. Either way it has to support the weight of the falcon which is pretty heavy.
I will work on some test pieces of plexiglass I have lying around. I have some black contact paper with white as well but I think I may go with an actual structural piece, scratch build it all. I will post my progress, and sure I'll have some failures with this.
I will bring out the dremel this weekend to smooth and straighten out the lighted columns for casting.
My friend Chris will be coming over this weekend we will be brainstorming the Pit Droid Scale and start scratch building that as well. ADD kicking in!
post #82 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by kampswas View Post

Trying to figure out what the base of the docking bay will be and if I will use styrene Scored, or PLexiglass scored. I have also been throwing the idea of possibly using bondo and scoring that ontop of a piece of plywood. Either way it has to support the weight of the falcon which is pretty heavy.
I will work on some test pieces of plexiglass I have lying around. I have some black contact paper with white as well but I think I may go with an actual structural piece, scratch build it all. I will post my progress, and sure I'll have some failures with this.
I will bring out the dremel this weekend to smooth and straighten out the lighted columns for casting.
My friend Chris will be coming over this weekend we will be brainstorming the Pit Droid Scale and start scratch building that as well. ADD kicking in!

With all your different construction methods, your are hereby obligated to post detail construction photos.

"I am but a mere caveman and am not familiar with such complex terms."

-HD
post #83 of 289
Thread Starter 
Scored the plexiglass, and used bondo application sanded and Nope doesnt look right and not the look I am going for however did go with the styrene and worked. Looks great I will need to cut panels out for the floor it will be best to cut individual floor panels and fit them in accordingly. The screenshots I am going from is pretty limited so I am not sure of the panel set up Im going to do. I worked on the columns as well scratch building them in styren with resin castings. I also worked on the pit droid, tried air putty, styrene scratch build around foundation foam and bondo's over the foam. whcih promptly ate it. there it sits. I will probably have to layer it with fiberglass to maintain its shape. Long day not alot to show for it but more experience. ill post pictures later.
post #84 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by kampswas View Post

Scored the plexiglass, and used bondo application sanded and Nope doesnt look right and not the look I am going for however did go with the styrene and worked. Looks great I will need to cut panels out for the floor it will be best to cut individual floor panels and fit them in accordingly. The screenshots I am going from is pretty limited so I am not sure of the panel set up Im going to do. I worked on the columns as well scratch building them in styren with resin castings. I also worked on the pit droid, tried air putty, styrene scratch build around foundation foam and bondo's over the foam. whcih promptly ate it. there it sits. I will probably have to layer it with fiberglass to maintain its shape. Long day not alot to show for it but more experience. ill post pictures later.

Hey this is a great thread. don't let it get you down. I think one of the hardest things for me to do was to not rush things and take my time. I am not the greatest DIY guy and learned everything as I went along. There were some things that I had to redo several times before it was acceptable.
post #85 of 289
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the support. I cut all the panels of the Death Star hanging bay. I will need to sand them down and make them uniform I cut all the pieces 3"x4.75" 58 of them Once I sand them uniform, I will paint them black and work on the floor adhering them witha a glue gun with a weight. I will be buying the plywood for the base tomorrow to fit in the main area under the stairs and build its base out of 2x4's
post #86 of 289
Awesome theater! I apologize if you have mentioned this already....but, are you by chance an RPF member kamp?

-Ss
post #87 of 289
Thread Starter 
Yep and TDH and 501 and BSF CTF
post #88 of 289
kamp this is truly an awesome theater! I can't wait to watch you complete it. You are indeed verrrrrry creative. I wish I had that much creativity in me! Good luck and complete it you must!
post #89 of 289
Have you seen the Dillion Works Star Wars theater? Might provide some ideas for you. I like the stars out the "windows" instead of the ceiling idea...

http://www.dillonworks.com/index.php...d=21&Itemid=35
post #90 of 289
Thread Starter 
Thanks, I have seen Dillon Works theater. I don't know.... though awesome!
it lacks the all out go for it in my book. A little to rigid in my eyes but thats just my opinion I am sure many will disagree.
My wife pointed out these chairs and if she approved they might be a go ahead. If so the design may change a bit.
I Painted the bookcases and the window boxes in the rest of the basement last night. and bought the bases for the Falcon Docking Bay.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home