or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Dual Format Players › BH200 firmware watch...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BH200 firmware watch... - Page 50

post #1471 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschen View Post

Seeing 1G of memory is supposedly required for BD Live, I will say get a cheap 1G USB Flash Drive. Then again, if oso and samsungmaster can confirm for us, that will be great

Yes, you will need a 1GB flash drive.
post #1472 of 2794
Great news!!! Thanks samsungmaster.
post #1473 of 2794
Can some one confirm if the hd dvd DD+ issue with the BH200 to the Pioneer will be fixed. I was told that it was, but no confirmation yet? Also the HDCP hand shake would be icing on the cake!!!!
post #1474 of 2794
samsungmaster,

I was looking at the BD390 but there are two things that made me scratch it off my list. No setting to shut on screen messages like the Alternate Angle which is very distracting when watching a disc that uses it. The second one it seems there is not way to shut or dim the front display.

What does LG has against providing these features when pretty much every manufacture does? Is this just an oversight?
post #1475 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by rveras View Post

samsungmaster,

I was looking at the BD390 but there are two things that made me scratch it off my list. No setting to shut on screen messages like the Alternate Angle which is very distracting when watching a disc that uses it. The second one it seems there is not way to shut or dim the front display.

What does LG has against providing these features when pretty much every manufacture does? Is this just an oversight?


I do not know why they designed it the way they did, best guess would be as you said an oversight. I personally like the BD390, I have one at home and it works great.

Keep in mind the BD300, BD370 and BD390 were designed when the BH200 was in production. The camera angle and no dim control may have been an oversight indeed.
post #1476 of 2794
I hope I do not get ignored!
post #1477 of 2794
Samsungmaster, since you over here on the BH200 thread when is the X-fles fix coming out for the Bh100? You confirmed it in a pM to me that they know of the issue.

Athanasios
post #1478 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungmaster View Post

Should be available in about 2 weeks.

Good news! Thanks for the update, SM. Any idea if they will post a list of any specific fixes with the new fw?

Mike T
post #1479 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-tee View Post

Good news! Thanks for the update, SM. Any idea if they will post a list of any specific fixes with the new fw?

Mike T


The s/w that is on the LG website is done in Korea. Up to them to post the specific fixes.
post #1480 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob47v View Post

I hope I do not get ignored!

Simple, never buy Pioneer or LG again. Hit them where it hurts.
post #1481 of 2794
Well like I;ve stated before after two expensive LG products the BH100, & BH200 if this isn't fixed I'll give my money to another company. Especially after LG engeneering told me it would be fixed. I hate being lied to.
post #1482 of 2794
Sadly, Pioneer is just as much to blame with the DD+ dropouts because I can confirm they occur when bitstreaming on the BD-UP5000 (I've heard the same occurs with some Toshiba SALs).

I would be surprised if LG overcomes what largely appears to be a Pioneer problem.
post #1483 of 2794
I played it on the toshiba 35 no issues my BD-UP5000 also pays it without an issue, but willnot play bluerays so sad. tho the LG has better pic proccessing I think!
post #1484 of 2794
I disagree with the pic processing assessment.

That Blu-ray playback problem is unrelated to the DD+ dropout mess...there are no Blu-rays with DD+ soundtracks. I was only referencing DD+ (on HD DVD) and its inability to be bitstreamed (on certain Pioneer receivers, including the SC-05) without dropouts without switching to PCM in the player.
post #1485 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungmaster View Post

Should be available in about 2 weeks.

Mad-crazy-blazing-brilliant news ... thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob47v View Post

Well like I;ve stated before after two expensive LG products the BH100, & BH200 if this isn't fixed I'll give my money to another company. Especially after LG engeneering told me it would be fixed. I hate being lied to.

I know you've posted quite often about this and appreciate how frustrating it must be for you. But, I don't understand why you're so certain why LG isn't working on this and/or why it might not be an issue with the Pioneer. In the LG BH200 + Pioneer receiver thread here, osofast said, "Yes, these issues will be fixed. Actually working on them as this is being typed." Plus, I've heard from many different people on many different threads that are unrelated to the BH200 (and Vinnie said it right above) that there are several Pioneer receivers with hit-and-miss HDMI handshaking issues.

So, while I totally agree that the BH200 has HDMI handshake problems and REALLY hope that they are addressed in the next firmware (especially because I think they lead to a lot of the audio and video drops), I also agree with Vinnie that LG might not be able to fix a Pioneer problem.

-C.
post #1486 of 2794
Samsungmaster, thanks for the update! That's great news!

Of course I'm curious (who'd have thunk... ). Any surprises in store beyond BD-Live with the "big one"? Like, say, AVCHD? Or HD DVD fixes?

We'll find out soon enough, so if you can't answer, no big deal. I just had to ask.
post #1487 of 2794
Thanks for your updates, Samsungmaster and Osofast. If you guys are ever in Austin look me up, I'll buy you a beer! (Okay, I'll probably treat you to some Texas barbecue as well.)
post #1488 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by allargon View Post

Thanks for your updates, Samsungmaster and Osofast. If you guys are ever in Austin look me up, I'll buy you a beer! (Okay, I'll probably treat you to some Texas barbecue as well.)

If this big update pans out, I'll cook em an Aussie BBQ and and treat them to as many real beers (fosters is not drunk by real aussies) as they can drink should they ever venture over to Adelaide, Australia!!!
post #1489 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by allargon View Post

Thanks for your updates, Samsungmaster and Osofast. If you guys are ever in Austin look me up, I'll buy you a beer! (Okay, I'll probably treat you to some Texas barbecue as well.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djos View Post

If this big update pans out, I'll cook em an Aussie BBQ and and treat them to as many real beers (fosters is not drunk by real aussies) as they can drink should they ever venture over to Adelaide, Australia!!!

With all the beer and food, our next update will be a nightmare
post #1490 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey.christian View Post

Mad-crazy-blazing-brilliant news ... thanks!



I know you've posted quite often about this and appreciate how frustrating it must be for you. But, I don't understand why you're so certain why LG isn't working on this and/or why it might not be an issue with the Pioneer. In the LG BH200 + Pioneer receiver thread here, osofast said, "Yes, these issues will be fixed. Actually working on them as this is being typed." Plus, I've heard from many different people on many different threads that are unrelated to the BH200 (and Vinnie said it right above) that there are several Pioneer receivers with hit-and-miss HDMI handshaking issues.

So, while I totally agree that the BH200 has HDMI handshake problems and REALLY hope that they are addressed in the next firmware (especially because I think they lead to a lot of the audio and video drops), I also agree with Vinnie that LG might not be able to fix a Pioneer problem.

-C.

I my self never read anyware that the Pioneer to LG handshake and DD+ hd issues where going to be fixed. If it was confirmed I'll jump for joy. I was told by osofast in a conversation I had with him last january I think that the issue was to be resolved. But that has not been confirmed, if it is fixed time will tell. Oh i think I was misunderstood when I said the the 5000 will not play blue rays, that's a separeate issue to the DD+ which are HD dvd's. Someone said 1 time that these units had three lasers. not true just two red and blue which play blueray's and hd's. from what i've see and read it the software thats the difference!
post #1491 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Simple, never buy Pioneer or LG again. Hit them where it hurts.

You know, for someone who seems to hate LG with such passion you sure waste a lot of time in this thread. Bored or just just shameless ranting? Just curious..

DM
post #1492 of 2794
Simple, I own one (based on the potentiality of BD-Live coming to fruition). My opinions about Samsung and their (lack of) support aren't much different [though I know that you would never see them if you haven't entered the appropriate thread(s) in this forum].

Also, you conveniently overlooked that I put Pioneer in the same league as LG because they are complicit with the DD+ dropout calamity.

None of this means the aforementioned CEMs are incapable of making a quality product. Generally speaking, I put LG on the bottom rung based on performance in all areas (their second-rate displays, their BH100 abomination and some glaring problems with the BH200, which is at least a much better product overall). They are defying that impression by apparently updating obsolete hardware without ever having made a promise to do it and even after having offered payoffs to some of their customers.

That said, this player has a known deficiency when it comes to HDCP handshaking and anything that's using older than HDMI revision 1.2.
post #1493 of 2794
Well said vinnie97, I too share the same thoughts. I just wanted to add with the samsung 5000 and DD+ forgive me if I'm repeting my self, no audio dropout with the pioneer plays flawless, niether with the toshiba 35. Just the BH200 and that annoying helicopter sound!!!
post #1494 of 2794
I'm saying this so it will happen... often I claim something to have it kick me in the ass a day or two later, so here goes. I've never heard the helicopter sound in my setups. There, that should be good enough to get the job done.


Vinnie, I guess it's stay away from Korean manufacturers.

I won't say I'm surprised by Pio's response, but I know that even if they did look into it there may be nothing they can do. If they are correctly processing a signal that LG is messing up there's not much they should do. Sure, they can try to correct the problem, but if it's a datastream integrity problem there nothing that they aren't in control of there's little they can do. You aren't going to get Pio to contact LG to work on a solution, they don't really care about incompatibility problems generated by the competition. Pio->Pio problem, they'd figure it out.
post #1495 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff D View Post

I'm saying this so it will happen... often I claim something to have it kick me in the ass a day or two later, so here goes. I've never heard the helicopter sound in my setups. There, that should be good enough to get the job done.


Vinnie, I guess it's stay away from Korean manufacturers.

I won't say I'm surprised by Pio's response, but I know that even if they did look into it there may be nothing they can do. If they are correctly processing a signal that LG is messing up there's not much they should do. Sure, they can try to correct the problem, but if it's a datastream integrity problem there nothing that they aren't in control of there's little they can do. You aren't going to get Pio to contact LG to work on a solution, they don't really care about incompatibility problems generated by the competition. Pio->Pio problem, they'd figure it out.

Well Jeff is like this if you remember when the BH200 was fisrt introduced it didnot bitstream any codecs if I remember right. specially the DD+ it wasen't even in the manual it showed only PCM capabilities. I was lucky I guess and got a later model BH200, the last production run. That last run showed the DD+ and other codec as bitstream, but the unit still fell short still. Then I think the april firmware was what brought in the ability of bitsream. As an engineer from LG told me its difficult to write a firmware to cover all recievers, and I'm very well aware of that. But if you put on your box and manual that the unit will bitstream such codecs then you are liable to bvdo such thing. I my self am not a hater of particular brands just get fustrated when I pay alot of money for items that promiss to work in such a manner and dosen't. The LG engineer said that they have to test the firmware on other receivers but did admit they don't do all receivers. That's where the problem lies.
post #1496 of 2794
Rob, what Pioneer receiver is it? I am forced to use PCM from the Samsung 5000 on my Pioneer Elite SC-05 when playing back HD DVD DD+ soundtracks to avoid dropouts. It may depend on the particular Pioneer model but the same has been reported with HD DVD hardware from LG and Toshiba with this particular generation of Pioneer receivers. That's why I'm saying that Pioneer has a role to play in this mess also.
post #1497 of 2794
woooooo new firmware almost out!!!

(I needed to re-iterate that to cheer me up this morning )
post #1498 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfsane View Post

woooooo new firmware almost out!!!

(I needed to re-iterate that to cheer me up this morning )

lol, its nice to see the support. Bottom line is it's a fully functional blu-ray player which should be supported just like their blu-ray only players, it just happens to be able to play most hd dvds too. Samsung should and needs to do the same for the 5000.
post #1499 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfsane View Post

woooooo new firmware almost out!!!

(I needed to re-iterate that to cheer me up this morning )

I'm just as excited as you are. The biggest addition of the firmware, to me, is the Pioneer handshaking issue. I am so sick of dropouts on this thing.

I just bought a Pioneer 111FD last week and it pained me to show off Bolt on the new TV, since the audio drops out for a second every chapter change.
post #1500 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Rob, what Pioneer receiver is it? I am forced to use PCM from the Samsung 5000 on my Pioneer Elite SC-05 when playing back HD DVD DD+ soundtracks to avoid dropouts. It may depend on the particular Pioneer model but the same has been reported with HD DVD hardware from LG and Toshiba with this particular generation of Pioneer receivers. That's why I'm saying that Pioneer has a role to play in this mess also.

Wow I wasn't aware that the pioneer with the 5000 had any issues. Mine is an Elite 94tx, I tried a 92 before same no issues, nor was the sc-01 I tried. I ended up with the 94 seam like cleaner power to me nothing like my 49txi thats a monster, but powerful and clean!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dual Format Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Dual Format Players › BH200 firmware watch...