Originally Posted by U2Cowboy
Well-written e-mail. I'll be interested to see what they say.
Thanks ... as of right now (8:45 CST) I've yet to hear anything back from them. I was hoping to get a response from them either yesterday or today.
Originally Posted by rastan
I just watched Hulk last night, and it had audio drop out issues. How can LG get away with not even providing updates for Blu-Ray releases on a $900 player that is less than a year old?
Originally Posted by sivartk
I bet (for disc issues) the question that LG is asking themselves before issuing a 'fix' for a specific disc is:
1) Was the disc authored to BD specs or not?
If the disc wasn't authored to BD specs, they probably feel no reason to fix their player to play discs authored out of spec.[snip]
My 2 cents. If you caused the problem fix it. Period.
(There in lies the problem with BD, the 'spec' is a moving target)
Agreed. The moving target spec is one of the biggest issues with Blu-ray. While I was never never fully sold on either format and bought movies from both camps, I certainly thought HD DVD had it right from the beginning when it came to being "finalized." Releasing a product that was still in flux like the BD profile was just a bad, bad, bad decision from the customer service point of view.
That being said, I still think LG is 100% obligated to continue updating the BH200 to deal with bugs and disk compatibility issues, whether they consider it a dead product or not. Every major manufacture out there (Sony, Panasonic, Sharp, Samsung, Pioneer, etc.) continue to release updates for even their earliest Blu-ray players and we should expect nothing less from LG.
Originally Posted by vinnie97
Just call here and speak to customer service: (800) 243-0000
Mention the BD-Live rebate offer and they should fix you up (have your serial # ready).
Thanks for posting the phone number. If I don't get a reply soon, I'll give them a call. That's easier than making a copy of my sales receipt anyway. But, I really want to wait and see if they address my question about general firmware updates or not before calling.
Again, I'll keep you all posted. Anyone have an idea based on their experience about how long I should expect to wait for a reply?