or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › NEW NEW Blu-ray Special Buys, Discounts, BOGO Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW NEW Blu-ray Special Buys, Discounts, BOGO Thread - Page 474

post #14191 of 14986
Best Buy is having a sale on some Warner Bros. TV series Blu-rays for several titles that air on the CW network. On the Best Buy site, you'll find the following Blu-ray TV season sets for $18.99 each (links provided below):

Nikita, Season 1
Supernatural, Season 1
Supernatural, Season 2
Supernatural, Season 3
Supernatural, Season 4
Supernatural, Season 5
Supernatural, Season 6
Supernatural: The Anime Series
The Vampire Diaries, Season 1
The Vampire Diaries, Season 2
post #14192 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

Best Buy is doing that deal again that they did last year.
Its any bluray (some stores will hassle you) but thats what it is....

"Starting 4/22-5/12 Best Buy will bring back it's great deal of Upgrade & Save.
Bring in any DVD and get a $5 off coupon to use on ANY Blu-rays $9.99 and up."

Has anyone tried trading in HD DVD's?
post #14193 of 14986
Title list:

All About Eve
An Affair To Remember
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Comancheros (50th Anniversary Edition)
The Hustler
Patton
Rocky
The Terminator
Tora! Tora! Tora!
The Usual Suspects

Link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...TG4Q3TS6BXKYF3
post #14194 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Theimpaler View Post

Best Buy is having a sale on some Warner Bros. TV series Blu-rays for several titles that air on the CW network. On the Best Buy site, you'll find the following Blu-ray TV season sets for $18.99 each (links provided below):

Nikita, Season 1
Supernatural, Season 1
Supernatural, Season 2
Supernatural, Season 3
Supernatural, Season 4
Supernatural, Season 5
Supernatural, Season 6
Supernatural: The Anime Series
The Vampire Diaries, Season 1
The Vampire Diaries, Season 2

*Update*
According to Slickdeals, Supernatural S6, The Vampire Diaries S2, and Nikita S1 will be priced as follows during the start of the Upgrade and Save DVD Trade-In promotion:

Quote:


$18.99 Blu-ray ($13.99 with $5 Upgrade & Save coupon):

The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Second Season
Nikita: The Complete First Season
Supernatural: The Complete Sixth Season

It wouldn't be surprising if all the original $18.99 titles are included, but stock for them is probably low already, as they've moved a number of units since the $18.99 sale began. YMMV.
post #14195 of 14986
Roadracers a Robert Rodriguez film w/Salma Hayek for 7.99+ tax at Best Buy and 7.99 at Amazon.
post #14196 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus 6 View Post

Has anyone tried trading in HD DVD's?

Depends on the store.

Last time they did this some stores excepted them while others didnt.
post #14197 of 14986
Guys: Since the Best Buy Upgrade and Save program has proven to be popluar in the past AND created a lot of questions too. I've started a dedicated thread for all questions, comments and sales information:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post21931437

let's take the discussion for this program over to that thread..thanks
post #14198 of 14986
Godfather is $23 at Amazon again.
post #14199 of 14986
Is it the 3 movies or just Godfather I?
post #14200 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeinoonm View Post

Is it the 3 movies or just Godfather I?


The Godfather Collection (trilogy)... All three films.
post #14201 of 14986
Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] [1979] from Amazon UK for 9 pounds, with shipping $18 US sounds like a great deal.

Anyone knows they can be played here?
post #14202 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbud0 View Post

Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] [1979] from Amazon UK for 9 pounds, with shipping $18 US sounds like a great deal.

Anyone knows they can be played here?

I have the UK version and have no issues with it playing.
post #14203 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbud0 View Post

Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] [1979] from Amazon UK for 9 pounds, with shipping $18 US sounds like a great deal.

Anyone knows they can be played here?

Both the 4 disc Movie Only sets and older 6 disc Uk sets with the massive supplemental material are fully US compatible (same discs apparently).
post #14204 of 14986
Guys: Let's take the discussion "about" the box set to another thread vs the deals sticky. Thanks
post #14205 of 14986
Criterions on sale at Amazon.

Fanny and Alexander $28.99
Secret Sunshine $18.49
400 Blows $19.99
Breathless $19.99
Thin Red Line $18.99
Diabolique $18.99
Black Narcissus $18.49
Sweet Smell of Success $19.49
The Red Shoes $19.49
Wings of Desire $19.49
Double Life of Veronique $19.49
3 Women $18.99
Topsy Turvy $17.49
Design For Living $20.42
Broadcast News $19.49
Senso $18.49
Still Walking $19.49
El Norte $18.49
Lola Montes $17.99
A Christmas Tale $17.99
The Times of Harvey Milk $18.49
Summer Hours $18.99
Fish Tank $20.49
My Life as a Dog $20.49
Smiles of a Summer Night $19.49
The Mikado $19.49
Au revoir les enfants $19.49
Kes $19.49
Yi Yi $19.49
Blow Out $20.49
Beauty and the Beast $20.49
Dazed and Confused $20.49
Lady Vanishes $20.99
12 Angry Men $20.99
Last Temptation of Christ $20.99
Belle de Jour $20.99
Bottle Rocket $20.99
post #14206 of 14986
Cinderella now available for Amazon Pre-Order (Oct 2) in 2-disc and 3-disc varieties. The 3-disc has an $8 coupon available.

Cinderella 2-disc - $27.99
Cinderella 3-disc - $31.49 ($23.49 with coupon)

Coupon expires May 3.

- Chris
post #14207 of 14986
Best Buy (online) has The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray) for $5. Shipping is free.
post #14208 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe_CH View Post

Cinderella now available for Amazon Pre-Order (Oct 2) in 2-disc and 3-disc varieties. The 3-disc has an $8 coupon available.

Cinderella 2-disc - $27.99
Cinderella 3-disc - $31.49 ($23.49 with coupon)

Coupon expires May 3.

- Chris

Nice price for the 3 disc. Is it just me or does it look like DVD packaging?
post #14209 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post

Nice price for the 3 disc. Is it just me or does it look like DVD packaging?

They have two versions of the three disc packaging.
One that emphasizes the Blu Ray copy+DVD/Digital Copy
One that emphasizes the DVD copy+Blu Ray/Digital Copy
They both have the same content,only the box is different - DVD vs BD box.
post #14210 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC0TLANDF0REVER View Post

They have two versions of the three disc packaging.
One that emphasizes the Blu Ray copy+DVD/Digital Copy
One that emphasizes the DVD copy+Blu Ray/Digital Copy
They both have the same content,only the box is different - DVD vs BD box.

Thanks. I can find the two versions of the two-disc, but only one version of the three-disc. Is the link above the correct version? (I want the blu ray packaging)
post #14211 of 14986
Farscape Complete Series on Blu-ray

BUMP for major price drop at Amazon: only $68! Cheapest I've seen it drop before is around $90-100. Ends May 5th.

http://www.amazon.com/Farscape-The-C.../dp/B005CXOG8M
post #14212 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post

Thanks. I can find the two versions of the two-disc, but only one version of the three-disc. Is the link above the correct version? (I want the blu ray packaging)

If it's anything like previous Disney releases, the more expensive Blu-ray release (3-disc in this instance) will only be available in Blu-ray packaging. Then the 2-disc version comes in either Blu-ray packaging or DVD packaging.
post #14213 of 14986
Cinderella dropped in price.

Cinderella 2-disc (Blu-ray packaging) - $24.99
Cinderella 2-disc (DVD-packaging) - $27.99
Cinderella 3-disc - $29.99 ($21.99 with coupon - expires May 3)
Cinderella Trilogy 6-disc - $62.99

- Chris
post #14214 of 14986
$78.99
Amazon deal of the day (or until they run out).

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Comp...MBGHGVKRGNDRB1
post #14215 of 14986
Over at Amazon:

Firefly Series: $27.99
Serenity: $7.99
post #14216 of 14986
Does anyone know if this red2blu offer is still valid. Finally getting around to replacing some of my HD DVDs.

http://www.dvd2blu.com/
post #14217 of 14986
Sure. Note at the bottom of the page "This offer may be withdrawn at any time" so it might not be there 5 minutes from now.

They've been doing this for so long that I would guess they get periodic-if-not-frequent orders still coming-in. It's at least good PR
post #14218 of 14986
Posts concerning Best Buy's trade in program have been moved this dedicated thread on the topic:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1406538
post #14219 of 14986
West Side Story: 50th Anniversary Edition Box Set [Blu-ray] (1961) - $25 at Amazon - Gold Box Deal of the Day
post #14220 of 14986
Today only Best Buy has LOTR Extended for $49.99.

Some stores will let you pricematch online price + use a $5 dvd trade in coupon to make it only $44.99:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lord+Of+...3594900&loc=01
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › NEW NEW Blu-ray Special Buys, Discounts, BOGO Thread