or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › NEW NEW Blu-ray Special Buys, Discounts, BOGO Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW NEW Blu-ray Special Buys, Discounts, BOGO Thread - Page 488

post #14611 of 14986
The Princess Bride: 25th Anniversary Edition for $8.00 at Amazon. Buy it for the kids, then ruin it for them by quoting every known line when it's playing. wink.gif
post #14612 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmesch View Post

Is the BB trade-in deal done for now?

Yes, but it seems BB brings it back about 3 times a year so I'd look for it again early Summer.
post #14613 of 14986
The problem with the BB trade in deals lately - and particularly going forward - is they are going to be stocking fewer and fewer catalog titles and ultimately plan on no longer stocking most of them. Their focus will be primarily new releases to save space for other products. This was told to me by two different store managers and it's now obvious walking into a BB and seeing fewer catalog titles and now grouped with DVDs.
post #14614 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

The problem with the BB trade in deals lately - and particularly going forward - is they are going to be stocking fewer and fewer catalog titles and ultimately plan on no longer stocking most of them. Their focus will be primarily new releases to save space for other products. This was told to me by two different store managers and it's now obvious walking into a BB and seeing fewer catalog titles and now grouped with DVDs.

And, catalog titles (or new titles) won't matter when your store may be closed in a few months! wink.gif
post #14615 of 14986
I always check local store stock from their online page before going in.

Sometimes their inventory is spread around or not even on the shelf. Had to ask a clerk once for a blu title that they found in stock in the back warehouse.
post #14616 of 14986

It'll probably be ignored, but I've suggested to BB corporate that when trading in DVDs in store, we be provided with a $5 coupon code that can be used for online purchases. They'd sure get more business from me.

post #14617 of 14986
Agreed, being able to use the coupon online would be awesome. There must have been at least five titles I wanted, but available only on their site.
post #14618 of 14986
post #14619 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeinoonm View Post

$7 off Peter Pan
https://www.scottbrand.com/offer/disneypeterpan

I was able to use this on the exclusive book/BD set at my local Target.
post #14620 of 14986
Just looked and Amazon has "Stargate" back down to $5. Go figure.
post #14621 of 14986
Originally Posted by smudge981 View Post

Go figure.

Figure what?

post #14622 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamian View Post

Figure what?

See previous posts. It's been up and down over the last couple of days.
post #14623 of 14986

Originally Posted by smudge981 View Post


See previous posts. It's been up and down over the last couple of days.

You must be new to Amazon, their price fluctuate constantly.

post #14624 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamian View Post

Originally Posted by smudge981 go_quote.gif
You must be new to Amazon, their price fluctuate constantly.

"Go figure" was meant with tongue firmly planted in cheek. Maybe I should have said "look at the surprised look on my face." wink.gif
post #14625 of 14986

Originally Posted by smudge981 View Post


"Go figure" was meant with tongue firmly planted in cheek. wink.gif

 

I have mine there as well biggrin.gif

post #14626 of 14986
post #14627 of 14986
Just got back from walmart looking for some crap I couldn't find. Decided to go to the movie section while I was there. Not sure if this is everywhere but they had Transformers 2 for $5.00. The $5 sticker was on the shelf, thought it was a mistake. It was next to the dvd which was $22. Picked one up for trading since I already have one. This is the big screen edition..


http://www.walmart.com/ip/12534009
post #14628 of 14986
Current Amazon trade-in value is only $3.
post #14629 of 14986
The big Bond 50 Blu-ray box set is priced at $129.99 on Amazon 'til Feb 15th.
post #14630 of 14986
Best Buy has "The Dark Knight Rises" blu-ray/DVD combo for $14.99.
post #14631 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmbond View Post

It'll probably be ignored, but I've suggested to BB corporate that when trading in DVDs in store, we be provided with a $5 coupon code that can be used for online purchases. They'd sure get more business from me.

Which would totally negate the purpose of the program in the first place: to draw down in store inventory.

wink.gif

They're not selling us BD's for $5-10 with a DVD coaster trade in out of the kindness of their heart. They're getting rid of their large in store BD section.
post #14632 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge981 View Post

Best Buy has "The Dark Knight Rises" blu-ray/DVD combo for $14.99.

Amazon is matching.
post #14633 of 14986
any coupons for the new Monsters Inc movie?
post #14634 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post


Which would totally negate the purpose of the program in the first place: to draw down in store inventory.

wink.gif

They're not selling us BD's for $5-10 with a DVD coaster trade in out of the kindness of their heart. They're getting rid of their large in store BD section.

 

FWIW, my store is constantly getting in new stock. They went through a period where they downsized the DVD/BD foot print in the store, but have consistantly replenished that smaller selection with both new and catalog titles. IMO, BB is simply trying to generate more foot traffic in their stores with these kinds of promotions. My suggestion would have kept the in-store traffic they desire, while making the promotion more useful.

 

Futher, that $5 to $10 price level is getting much more common online (and even in BB stores) day by day, so the promotion's attractiveness is waning.

 

Such as it is...here is the BB response:

 

I am Manolito with Best Buy Customer Care.

Thank you for contacting Best Buy.

I am happy to help you regarding to your concern. Is your Coupon has codes that you can place in to our system? Does the code is stating that you can only used this on the store? If not I regret to inform you that, you would not be able to used that online.

I appreciate you taking the time to express your concern.

Sincerely,
Manolito
Best Buy Customer Care Team

post #14635 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyslammer View Post

Yes, but it seems BB brings it back about 3 times a year so I'd look for it again early Summer.

Every 3 months so will be back april.
post #14636 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmbond View Post

FWIW, my store is constantly getting in new stock. They went through a period where they downsized the DVD/BD foot print in the store, but have consistantly replenished that smaller selection with both new and catalog titles. IMO, BB is simply trying to generate more foot traffic in their stores with these kinds of promotions. My suggestion would have kept the in-store traffic they desire, while making the promotion more useful.

Futher, that $5 to $10 price level is getting much more common online (and even in BB stores) day by day, so the promotion's attractiveness is waning.

Such as it is...here is the BB response:

I am Manolito with Best Buy Customer Care.


Thank you for contacting Best Buy.


I am happy to help you regarding to your concern. Is your Coupon has codes that you can place in to our system? Does the code is stating that you can only used this on the store? If not I regret to inform you that, you would not be able to used that online.


I appreciate you taking the time to express your concern.


Sincerely,

Manolito

Best Buy Customer Care Team
Seriously, that response reads like a scam e-mail with all the grammar mistakes. Someone needs to get Manolito a grammar checker...
post #14637 of 14986
How can that guy work for any company in a customer service position? That's what's wrong with this country. Let's keep outsourcing!
post #14638 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

Seriously, that response reads like a scam e-mail with all the grammar mistakes. Someone needs to get Manolito a grammar checker...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson View Post

How can that guy work for any company in a customer service position? That's what's wrong with this country. Let's keep outsourcing!

I don't think it is necessarily evidence of out-sourcing. I used to live a few blocks away from BB HQ in Richfield, MN. Trust me, some people that live in the area "talk real good" and BB is an equal opportunity employer.

In any case... deals? Special buys? Discounts? BOGO? wink.gif
post #14639 of 14986

Game of Thrones season 2 just dropped to $34.99 at Amazon and Best Buy.

post #14640 of 14986
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingRat View Post

Game of Thrones season 2 just dropped to $34.99 at Amazon and Best Buy.

It will be 29.99 at target.

So you could wait for next week when amz should match.

Or also could pm targets 29.99 at best buy if you wanna use your best buy reward zone pts $$.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › NEW NEW Blu-ray Special Buys, Discounts, BOGO Thread