Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Now Showing - What We Watched Last post on 3/10/14 at 3:32pm in General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms
- The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts Last post on Today at 9:00 am in Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers
- The New Blu-ray Amazon Pre-Order Thread (no affiliates) Last post on 4/10/09 at 10:22am in Blu-ray Software
- Blu-ray Amazon Pre-Order Thread NO AFFILIATES Last post on 4/9/08 at 6:27pm in Blu-ray Software
- Special Buys, Discounts and BOGO MASTER THREAD: Put all special deals here!! Last post on 1/13/08 at 2:58pm in Blu-ray Software
25 Top Blu-ray releases for 2012
Last edited: 9/24/13
- Fall's Most Anticipated Blu-Ray ReleasesLast edited: 9/17/12
- Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-rayLast edited: 2/24/14
- Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day Date NightLast edited: 2/10/14
- 20 Awesome Horror MoviesLast edited: 9/24/13
NEW NEW Blu-ray Special Buys, Discounts, BOGO Thread - Page 498post #14911 of 149868/7/13 at 5:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14912 of 149868/7/13 at 6:19ampost #14913 of 149868/8/13 at 11:02amUniversal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection [Blu-ray]  [Region Free]
Coming in at a total of $40.33 US including shipping this is a FANTASTIC deal.post #14914 of 149868/10/13 at 1:45pmpost #14915 of 149868/11/13 at 9:21amRisky Business, an old favorite of mine, is $4.99 at Amazon
For those of you who have it, is the AV quality good enough to warrant getting it? Seems like pro reviewers have said average quality at best!?post #14916 of 149868/12/13 at 8:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by wayneunit
Risky Business, an old favorite of mine, is $4.99 at Amazon
For those of you who have it, is the AV quality good enough to warrant getting it? Seems like pro reviewers have said average quality at best!?
FYI, BB has it for the same price on a special $4.99 display with some other films (though the selection isn't terribly great).
It's not the best transfer, but was definitely good enough to add this classic to my collection. Blacks are a bit elevated and inconsistent, and detail is on the softer/coarser/grainier side (which some may actually like). Color is a little muddy at times (due in part to the elevated blacks), but reasonably ok overall. If the elevated blacks really bother you, you can fix that by dropping the black level setting on the display or player a bit lower than usual.post #14917 of 149868/26/13 at 1:17pmpost #14918 of 149868/27/13 at 5:21pmpost #14919 of 149869/4/13 at 2:59pm56% off criterion collection @ Amazon.
Prices are not very compelling, but anyways....
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=xs_gb_A23B91HBIY0ATT?ie=UTF8&docId=1001223891&pf_rd_p=441937901&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1RRFVKWGMABWX7BFGFX3post #14920 of 149869/4/13 at 11:48pmpost #14921 of 149869/10/13 at 3:08pmDark Knight Trilogy for $23.99, Amazon deal of the day>
http://www.amazon.com/Knight-Trilogy-Batman-Begins-Blu-ray/dp/B009JBZH54/ref=gbsl_tit_l-1_1562_0cad0139?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1378836497&sr=1-1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=left-new-1&pf_rd_r=09HVKDWKHREXDG3J3MK4&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1596371562post #14922 of 149869/17/13 at 12:25pmpost #14923 of 149869/18/13 at 2:59pmpost #14924 of 149869/20/13 at 11:03amAmazon deal of the day>> Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection (Star Trek I, II, III, IV, V, VI + The Captain's Summit Bonus Disc) [Blu-ray] (2009) $29.99
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Original-Collection-Captains/dp/B001TH16DI/ref=br_lf_m_1001388361_1_1_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=movies-tv&pf_rd_p=1615996442&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1001388361&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1QECFRCK4TSRHHFGXYBYpost #14925 of 149869/22/13 at 10:55pmpost #14926 of 149869/23/13 at 12:24pmpost #14927 of 149869/25/13 at 9:09ampost #14928 of 1498610/1/13 at 9:48ampost #14929 of 1498610/2/13 at 9:40pmpost #14930 of 1498610/4/13 at 9:32ampost #14931 of 1498610/30/13 at 2:50pmHalloween 35th Anniversary Edition on sale at Target.com
http://www.target.com/p/halloween-35th-anniversary-blu-ray/-/A-14702241post #14932 of 1498610/31/13 at 2:08amQuote:Originally Posted by lordcloud
Halloween 35th Anniversary Edition on sale at Target.com
While I encourage everyone to buy it at a B&M like Target where convenient, amazon is matching.post #14933 of 1498611/1/13 at 1:07amAmazon currently has Ratatouille for $16.99 and A Bug's Life for $16.49...both are the lowest they have ever been...these particular Pixar titles never get this low...act quick!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UFEJS0/ref=ox_ya_os_productpost #14934 of 1498611/1/13 at 5:11ampost #14935 of 1498611/1/13 at 11:55amDeep Discount (http://www.deepdiscount.com/) is having their periodic "extra 25% off" sale on selected items, marked with a red tag. Code BIGSALE at checkout. Thru 11/18.
Many prices are only so-so, but they are beating Amazon for some titles. For example, The Vincent Price Collection is $44.02, a good price. (At Amazon: $71.97, although I think it's been lower).
Irritatingly: if you maintain a wish list at DD to keep track of things, the sale status is not indicated on the list. You have to check every item by hand.
-Billpost #14936 of 1498611/1/13 at 11:59ampost #14937 of 1498611/1/13 at 12:00pmpost #14938 of 1498611/1/13 at 12:30pmWBShop Black Friday Sale Part One .. all Free Shipping as well
http://www.wbshop.com/category/code/prodclear_moviestvsale.do?promo=sliderHEBF1home&AID=8058757&PID=552179&ref=CJPpost #14939 of 1498611/1/13 at 5:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by TitusTroy
Amazon currently has Ratatouille for $16.99 and A Bug's Life for $16.49...both are the lowest they have ever been...these particular Pixar titles never get this low...act quick!
Wall°E is about that as well.post #14940 of 1498611/5/13 at 3:35pmHalf off of art house and Criterion Collection at Barnes and Noble, in store and online.
- NEW NEW Blu-ray Special Buys, Discounts, BOGO Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Fall's Most Anticipated Blu-Ray Releases
- › Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) 41 seconds ago
- › BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ 1 minute ago
- › 2014 Vizio Thread All models 1 minute ago
- › Official 2005 Sony KDSR-50/60XBR1 SXRD Owner's Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official 2013 Sony KDL-S990A Curved LED Owner's Thread 1 minute ago
- › Revel Owners Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung plasma not turning on 2 minutes ago
- › Help: New Samsung LED TV and now it can't see my HTPC! 2 minutes ago
- › Help with old video-camera 3 minutes ago
- › Official Pioneer Elite SC-71 Receiver Thread 4 minutes ago
- › PlayStation 3 320GB System by barelyderr251
- › BD-F6500 - 3D Blu-ray disc player by Agent 7100
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › Emotiva UPA-700 Seven-Channel Power Amplifier by thrillcat
- › Sony HTCT260 Sound Bar Home Theater System by playback007
- › Mama [Blu-ray] by barelyderr251
- › The Proposal (+ Digital Copy) [Blu-ray] by barelyderr251
- › Klipsch RF-7 II Reference Series Flagship Floorstanding Speaker... by aromeo
- › Grand Theft Auto V by njskaguy33
- › VIZIO E400i-B2 40 Inch Smart LED HDTV by mckenna797
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe