Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Now Showing - What We Watched Last post on Yesterday at 3:32 pm in General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms
- The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts Last post on Today at 6:05 am in Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers
- The New Blu-ray Amazon Pre-Order Thread (no affiliates) Last post on 4/10/09 at 10:22am in Blu-ray Software
- Blu-ray Amazon Pre-Order Thread NO AFFILIATES Last post on 4/9/08 at 6:27pm in Blu-ray Software
- Special Buys, Discounts and BOGO MASTER THREAD: Put all special deals here!! Last post on 1/13/08 at 2:58pm in Blu-ray Software
25 Top Blu-ray releases for 2012
Last edited: 9/24/13
- Fall's Most Anticipated Blu-Ray ReleasesLast edited: 9/17/12
- Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-rayLast edited: 2/24/14
- Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day Date NightLast edited: 2/10/14
- 20 Awesome Horror MoviesLast edited: 9/24/13
NEW NEW Blu-ray Special Buys, Discounts, BOGO Thread - Page 498post #14911 of 149788/7/13 at 5:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14912 of 149788/7/13 at 6:19ampost #14913 of 149788/8/13 at 11:02amUniversal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection [Blu-ray]  [Region Free]
Coming in at a total of $40.33 US including shipping this is a FANTASTIC deal.post #14914 of 149788/10/13 at 1:45pmpost #14915 of 149788/11/13 at 9:21amRisky Business, an old favorite of mine, is $4.99 at Amazon
For those of you who have it, is the AV quality good enough to warrant getting it? Seems like pro reviewers have said average quality at best!?post #14916 of 149788/12/13 at 8:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by wayneunit
Risky Business, an old favorite of mine, is $4.99 at Amazon
For those of you who have it, is the AV quality good enough to warrant getting it? Seems like pro reviewers have said average quality at best!?
FYI, BB has it for the same price on a special $4.99 display with some other films (though the selection isn't terribly great).
It's not the best transfer, but was definitely good enough to add this classic to my collection. Blacks are a bit elevated and inconsistent, and detail is on the softer/coarser/grainier side (which some may actually like). Color is a little muddy at times (due in part to the elevated blacks), but reasonably ok overall. If the elevated blacks really bother you, you can fix that by dropping the black level setting on the display or player a bit lower than usual.post #14917 of 149788/26/13 at 1:17pmpost #14918 of 149788/27/13 at 5:21pmpost #14919 of 149789/4/13 at 2:59pm56% off criterion collection @ Amazon.
Prices are not very compelling, but anyways....
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=xs_gb_A23B91HBIY0ATT?ie=UTF8&docId=1001223891&pf_rd_p=441937901&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1RRFVKWGMABWX7BFGFX3post #14920 of 149789/4/13 at 11:48pmpost #14921 of 149789/10/13 at 3:08pmDark Knight Trilogy for $23.99, Amazon deal of the day>
http://www.amazon.com/Knight-Trilogy-Batman-Begins-Blu-ray/dp/B009JBZH54/ref=gbsl_tit_l-1_1562_0cad0139?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1378836497&sr=1-1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=left-new-1&pf_rd_r=09HVKDWKHREXDG3J3MK4&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1596371562post #14922 of 149789/17/13 at 12:25pmpost #14923 of 149789/18/13 at 2:59pmpost #14924 of 149789/20/13 at 11:03amAmazon deal of the day>> Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection (Star Trek I, II, III, IV, V, VI + The Captain's Summit Bonus Disc) [Blu-ray] (2009) $29.99
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Original-Collection-Captains/dp/B001TH16DI/ref=br_lf_m_1001388361_1_1_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=movies-tv&pf_rd_p=1615996442&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1001388361&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1QECFRCK4TSRHHFGXYBYpost #14925 of 149789/22/13 at 10:55pmpost #14926 of 149789/23/13 at 12:24pmpost #14927 of 149789/25/13 at 9:09ampost #14928 of 1497810/1/13 at 9:48ampost #14929 of 1497810/2/13 at 9:40pmpost #14930 of 1497810/4/13 at 9:32ampost #14931 of 1497810/30/13 at 2:50pmHalloween 35th Anniversary Edition on sale at Target.com
http://www.target.com/p/halloween-35th-anniversary-blu-ray/-/A-14702241post #14932 of 1497810/31/13 at 2:08amQuote:Originally Posted by lordcloud
Halloween 35th Anniversary Edition on sale at Target.com
While I encourage everyone to buy it at a B&M like Target where convenient, amazon is matching.post #14933 of 1497811/1/13 at 1:07amAmazon currently has Ratatouille for $16.99 and A Bug's Life for $16.49...both are the lowest they have ever been...these particular Pixar titles never get this low...act quick!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UFEJS0/ref=ox_ya_os_productpost #14934 of 1497811/1/13 at 5:11ampost #14935 of 1497811/1/13 at 11:55amDeep Discount (http://www.deepdiscount.com/) is having their periodic "extra 25% off" sale on selected items, marked with a red tag. Code BIGSALE at checkout. Thru 11/18.
Many prices are only so-so, but they are beating Amazon for some titles. For example, The Vincent Price Collection is $44.02, a good price. (At Amazon: $71.97, although I think it's been lower).
Irritatingly: if you maintain a wish list at DD to keep track of things, the sale status is not indicated on the list. You have to check every item by hand.
-Billpost #14936 of 1497811/1/13 at 11:59ampost #14937 of 1497811/1/13 at 12:00pmpost #14938 of 1497811/1/13 at 12:30pmWBShop Black Friday Sale Part One .. all Free Shipping as well
http://www.wbshop.com/category/code/prodclear_moviestvsale.do?promo=sliderHEBF1home&AID=8058757&PID=552179&ref=CJPpost #14939 of 1497811/1/13 at 5:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by TitusTroy
Amazon currently has Ratatouille for $16.99 and A Bug's Life for $16.49...both are the lowest they have ever been...these particular Pixar titles never get this low...act quick!
Wall°E is about that as well.post #14940 of 1497811/5/13 at 3:35pmHalf off of art house and Criterion Collection at Barnes and Noble, in store and online.
- NEW NEW Blu-ray Special Buys, Discounts, BOGO Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Fall's Most Anticipated Blu-Ray Releases
- › Lightspace Custom Color Patch Set & Gamma Calibration Workflow just now
- › The Hunger Games & Catching Fire for Trade 12 seconds ago
- › OPTOMA HD91 FULL LED DLP full hd 2D 3D Ready end 2013 12 seconds ago
- › Sony VPL-vw1000 15 seconds ago
- › Mitsubishi HC7900DW owner's thread 31 seconds ago
- › Dual opposed subs behind an AT Screen 34 seconds ago
- › 'Grimm' on NBC HD 54 seconds ago
- › Official LG 55ga7900 owners thread 1 minute ago
- › "Official" Audyssey thread (FAQ in post #51779) 2 minutes ago
- › Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread 2 minutes ago
- › Last Of Us Ps3 by GOHAWK12
- › LG Electronics NB3530A Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer and Bluetooth by zerolimit
- › Polk Audio RTI A7 Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Cherry) by mdaleavs
- › Microvision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pico Projector (AA0123600-020) by enjoi7
- › Xbox One Console - Day One Edition by ajones13
- › PlayStation 4 Console by BenMonkey
- › Behringer B215XL Passive Speaker Pair by imagic
- › Atari 5200 - Video Game Console (System) by PGTweed
- › XBOX Console by PGTweed
- › Xbox One Console- Standard Edition by jstumbler
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe