Originally Posted by sojourner275
This is an odd problem that i just remembered that i have. I have had my 1018 for a couple years now and recently got a real sub, Polk PW505. However, when I plug it into the subwoofer port on the back of the 1018, i get no signal sent to it at all. i currently have it plugged into one of the other pre-amp outs and it works fine....but i cant do MCACC with a sub as it cant detect anything from it. any ideas at all?
Having the EXACT same issue:
Things I've tried:
- Setting all speakers to SMALL, SW to ON - All X-Over freq settings.
- All possible combinations on the Sub itself to get volume up.
- Checking the line input on the sub.
- LFE settings are correct, DRC is correct, receiver setting should be correct
- Full reset of the Receiver
- Testing it off say a centre channel to see if there's something wrong with the pre-outs, and nothing :/
On searching and scouring the web - everything points to my own stupidity here, and some glaring issue with the settings, however having never used a sub with the system before, I'm fearing that it could be the sub preout is bust.