Having the EXACT same issue:
Things I've tried:
- Setting all speakers to SMALL, SW to ON - All X-Over freq settings.
- All possible combinations on the Sub itself to get volume up.
- Checking the line input on the sub.
- LFE settings are correct, DRC is correct, receiver setting should be correct
- Full reset of the Receiver
- Testing it off say a centre channel to see if there's something wrong with the pre-outs, and nothing :/
On searching and scouring the web - everything points to my own stupidity here, and some glaring issue with the settings, however having never used a sub with the system before, I'm fearing that it could be the sub preout is bust.
This is an odd problem that i just remembered that i have. I have had my 1018 for a couple years now and recently got a real sub, Polk PW505. However, when I plug it into the subwoofer port on the back of the 1018, i get no signal sent to it at all. i currently have it plugged into one of the other pre-amp outs and it works fine....but i cant do MCACC with a sub as it cant detect anything from it. any ideas at all?
Have you guys tried setting the SW to PLUS? NO->YES->PLUS in the speaker settings. All my speakers are set to large and have my sub set to PLUS.
Also speaker distance setting for the subwoofer if not correct it will mute the signal.
The channel level of the SW is adjustable.
Also under advanced Eq. set up you have subwoffer trim.
Edited by nivo885 - 6/14/12 at 5:54am