or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Iron Man Blu-ray 9/30
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Iron Man Blu-ray 9/30 - Page 19

post #541 of 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnikirk View Post

Exactly, I have saved a fortune using Prime. It's not just for movies you know. I just got my email from Amazon saying that Iron Man shipped!! Woo-hoo.

I buy a lot of titles from amazon.ca and it's always free shipping for orders over $39 CAD.
Do you have this option in the US?
post #542 of 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_qc View Post

I buy a lot of titles from amazon.ca and it's always free shipping for orders over $39 CAD.
Do you have this option in the US?

For U.S. it is over $25. But go back and read our posts again. With free shipping, you have to wait 1.5 to 2 weeks before they ship your stuff, especially movies. I'm usually ok for waiting that long for other items. But for new release movies, it is rediculus.

I buy stuff from Amazon for free shipping only. So, that $79/y is not savings for me. It's like paying amazon.com for a privilege of shipping your stuff faster. That's exactly the reason that Amazon.com delay the shipment of those free shipping orders purposefully so that you are willing to pay them extra $80/y w/o waiting.
post #543 of 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_qc View Post

I buy a lot of titles from amazon.ca and it's always free shipping for orders over $39 CAD.
Do you have this option in the US?

Yeah we do, except we get free shipping for orders over $25. To me Prime is no way worth it when there is free shipping involved. I can wait a bit longer for my package if it means I can order an extra movie with my money.

And often times I get my package in less than a week.
post #544 of 1219
For people who have a brain, Prime is only $16.
post #545 of 1219
mine is shipped! says it'll arrive October 1st but its gotta get here tomorrow. it's right in Delaware. Delaware is only 4 hours away from Connecticut and it arrived at UPS at 315 pm. if it takes them two days its a shame

CANT WAIT!! I also got Daredevil! WOOW
post #546 of 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post

For people who have a brain, Prime is only $16.

People with a brain? You mean people with four other friends who also want Prime and can be trusted with money? That's a bit more than just "having a brain."
post #547 of 1219
Don't expect your local Blockbuster to have any working copies of Iron man. Most haven't gotten the new ones in yet.
post #548 of 1219
The only difference between Prime and non-prime is $80/y in exchange for faster shipping. You don't need pay a dime for items that are qualified for Pirme if you're willing to wait a few extra days.
post #549 of 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post

For people who have a brain, Prime is only $16.

$16 or $80?
post #550 of 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post

Don't expect your local Blockbuster to have any working copies of Iron man. Most haven't gotten the new ones in yet.

Is Amazon shipping the faulty copies? I ordered from them and it shipped out today..


Also, is this 'fault' an issue with Sony and Samsung players only? Bitstreaming lossless issues? What exactly is it? the thread is too long to figure out...

Thanks!!
post #551 of 1219
If Amazon sends me a faulty copy, I'll just watch it then send it back for a replacement.

Free shipping label aight.
post #552 of 1219
The crappy Iron man BD will work on a PS3. It worked on mine but the True HD was horrible. I have an Onkyo SR705. Don't know if Amazon is shipping out the defective ones but that would be messed up if they did!
post #553 of 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

Is Amazon shipping the faulty copies? I ordered from them and it shipped out today..


Also, is this 'fault' an issue with Sony and Samsung players only? Bitstreaming lossless issues? What exactly is it? the thread is too long to figure out...

Thanks!!


Greetings,

The playback issue seems to be problematic for Sony players and several of the Samsung players. IM played fine on my Panasonic BD30, Samsung 1400 and PS3.

The other problem is relative to handling of the TrueHD audio. Be sure that dynamic range compression/Night mode is turned off in your player and receiver/processor and it will be fine.


Regards,
post #554 of 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post

The other problem is relative to handling of the TrueHD audio. Be sure that dynamic range compression/Night mode is turned off in your player and receiver/processor and it will be fine.


Regards,

If it's off, does playing the disc turn it on and then you need to pause the movie and turn off dynamic range compression/Night mode ?


Do you know if the issue is the same on the new replacement discs or just the recalled discs ?
post #555 of 1219
Mine shipped today and I will be watching it Wednesday night after I update my Denon 3808CI with Audyssey Dynamic EQ & Dynamic Volume. I can't wait to see this movie for the first time!
post #556 of 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post

The crappy Iron man BD will work on a PS3. It worked on mine but the True HD was horrible. I have an Onkyo SR705. Don't know if Amazon is shipping out the defective ones but that would be messed up if they did!

What do you mean by crappy? Horrible soundtrack? Would you please elaborate? Everyone that has it says its great so far...
post #557 of 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post

Just watched my copy last night. I hate to say this, but the LFE seems to be mixed a little too hot. It sounds great, but it just doesn't blend well into the rest of the system.

My bad... had Dynamic EQ engaged which boosts the bass. Had read recently to always leave it on and it wouldn't do that at high volumes but it does.
Sorry for the confusion.

Despite that though, its still some seriously heavy LFE.
post #558 of 1219
I thought I would add that the Batsuit is still way more cool. Even the skinny suit, Batman with a neck = yuck.

Amazon shipped my order early, I was going to cancel and buy it at BB so I would have it this week. But it was part of their B2G1.

Sweet, with everyone buying it they Favreau should have a budget for some locations that look less like studio lots and the hills of Cali(It looked nothing like Afghanistan).

Can't wait to listen to the audio. Then dig into all those extras.
post #559 of 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooshoo View Post

What do you mean by crappy? Horrible soundtrack? Would you please elaborate? Everyone that has it says its great so far...

I received the defective disc.
post #560 of 1219
This too funny the BB in WLA Ca, is opening at 12:00 midnight tonight to sell this title.
post #561 of 1219
How will we know if we have a defective disc?
post #562 of 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by dargo View Post

odd the correct version has a lower (older) upc code?

Defective: UPC: 097361385747

New "Fixed": UPC: 097361385709

From post #456
post #563 of 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post

I received the defective disc.

As far as I know, the "defective" disc was only deemed "defective" because certain Bd players couldnt play it...had nothing to do with audio or picture quality.
post #564 of 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan51 View Post

As far as I know, the "defective" disc was only deemed "defective" because certain Bd players couldnt play it...had nothing to do with audio or picture quality.

If you got the defective one, and you play chapter 11, then you will see how bad Dolby True-HD can be. (The studio just didn't disclose all defective details ...)
post #565 of 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam View Post

If you got the defective one, and you play chapter 11, then you will see how bad Dolby True-HD can be. (The studio just didn't disclose all defective details ...)

Well i have the defective one and didn't notice any problems on chapter 11 but then i don't have golden ears......I can still send it back for a replacement disc but first i need to know what the issue is that you are talking about so can you elaborate since i never noticed the problem you seem to be talking about but if there is a major one i would rather get a replacement now.

What is the problem with the soundtrack on Chapter 11 ?
post #566 of 1219
My Blockbuster Queue says it shipped on 9/29.

Needless to say I'm ecstatic as I haven't seen it yet.
post #567 of 1219
Describe what the chapt 11 stuff is...

Does chapt 11 only sound horrible of you have DRC engaged (or on AUTO)?

Or is the track fully defective and will sound terrible on any player?

I assume that if you decode to LPCM on HDMI you are OK?

Thanks!
post #568 of 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

For U.S. it is over $25. But go back and read our posts again. With free shipping, you have to wait 1.5 to 2 weeks before they ship your stuff, especially movies.

I don't have Prime and always choose free shipping.

My disc is on it's way from Delaware. Since I live in eastern PA, I should get it tomorrow.

I would say that 95% of the time I get new releases the same week thay are released.
post #569 of 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeb View Post

For me, it boils down to simple math. It's worth it to me because I would pay more than $79 per year in shipping costs if I wasn't a Prime member.

Does prime applies to any purchase on any amazon store or only on the US one? If so that would be a great deal when you buy lots of stuff from .jp, .uk or .fr
post #570 of 1219
We'll come to know if retailers got this for selling this morning. As of last night, a local Kmart and Walmart didn't have it and expect it today (what else would they say). Best Buy shows this morning they have it at all locations within 25 miles of my zip code.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Iron Man Blu-ray 9/30