Originally Posted by tgable
I have some basic questions, if there is a good online resource let me know.
1. I just figured out I have "rolls", seems to be damage and controller. Can you add more, I see "tank" and "healer" on gear. Under loadouts I have three sections, but only two rolls. I am confused.
2. My skill/power seem to be hit or miss on usefulness. I found I can respect for $500, does that price go up each time? Anyway to know how good a power will be unless you buy it?
3. I have two turrets now, but can only have one out. Is the newer one always better? Sometime they don't seem to do anything, just follow me around, but most of the time they attack.
4. You can only map six or so power/skills to the controller right? So some you just don't use, or can you quickly change rolls and just put them on the other rolls?
5. I have done several instances, which are cool, but the level of people who are in it vary. A level 16 instance had me (level 16 at the time) and some people in their 20s. Why? Are they there for loot or xp?
1. Each class has 2 roles damage and their class specific role. You can not add anymore or change it.
2. Yes it goes up and then caps around something. I can't remember what right now. Its not very much. As a suggestion when you get close to your max amount of money buy the high level sodas and when you need cash just sell them back to the vendor. Try to not have cash in escrow.
3. Basically turrets suck especially at high levels. The high level one isn't always better. Which ever one seems to be do something for you I would get.
4. That's right only 6 powers on your power bar. It sounds like your a gadget controller so let me give a few suggestions. I like bomb..it has awesome range and does huge damage especially if you have super strength. If you have raid equipment though it doesn't benefit from it so it loses effectiveness if your decked out. Gauss Grenade / Fear Gas combo..this is pretty much the goto combo most gadget controllers use. Intimidate is always a great pick. Pick either Taser pull or sticky bomb and use it frequently when in a group. If you are in controller role it puts a buff on all party members that increases there power regeneration. It does not stack and I prefer the sticky bomb. I think this was my six powers when I was playing a gadget controller : INTIMIDATE, STICKY BOMB, GAUSS GRENADE, FEAR GAS, ANESTHETIC, BOMB
5. Yes...or feats. As you play you earn feats as well as levels these are almost as important as gaining levels. Actually probably more important because you will get to level 30 fairly quick and then to really up your character you want to have 70+ skill points.
One other suggestion. Its really easy to get a pick up group going in the game. Just push left on the Dpad > select Nearby > pick one of the names > Invite to group. You'll have a party of 4 going in no time.