or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › HD Radio › HD Radio rebate
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HD Radio rebate

post #1 of 43
Thread Starter 
It looks like the HD Radio Alliance is sponsoring a $50 rebate on HD Radios purchased between June 30 and September 29, 2008.

http://www.hdradio.com/rebate/
post #2 of 43
Thank you for the post. I now have three HD radios, but I only received a rebate on one of them. That was my first one, the Radiosophy HD100. My other two are the JVC in my pickup and a Sangean HDR-1. The Sangean was about $50 on a closeout at Sharper Image. Considering that HD radios have now been around long enough that some are pretty reasonably priced, I think I will start watching for another table top radio. I did look at the terms and conditions of the rebate and among other things it must be from a retailer for $51 or more, so if I find one at a very good price, my net price may end up being actually less than an analog radio would be. I was considering the Sony XDR-S3HD, but from the reviews posted here I may be better just getting another Sangean. Does anybody know of any closeout prices on the Sangean HDR-1 anywhere right now? I assume that I will qualify even though I had one of the earlier rebates, but I ought to verify that first. Also, I know that sometimes scratch and dent and/or outlet prices don't always qualify for rebates.

That means that the Radio Shack Accurian http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2460834&cp will be about $50 net price after the rebate. That isn't too bad to get into HD radio.
post #3 of 43
Per rebate certificate instructions, what does "text Upgrade to 34343" mean? If I don't do it and check the box anyway, will men in black come and take me away? They will know where I live.
post #4 of 43
And of course with just my luck, the rebate takes effect 6/30, three days after I made my purchase. I'm going to find out if they'll let me in on it.
post #5 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by svgtom View Post

And of course with just my luck, the rebate takes effect 6/30, three days after I made my purchase. I'm going to find out if they'll let me in on it.

Let us know I got mine about a week before
post #6 of 43
If you guys purchased from a B&M Store (not online), just return it and buy another one. Then you'll have a receipt with the correct date. Make sure they are separate transactions (return on one receipt, new purchase on a separate receipt) so that you'll have a "clean" receipt for the rebate submission.

You should have at least 14 days to return (most stores do 30).

If you ordered from an online website, that's going to be more difficult.

I'm LOVING this rebate!
post #7 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ¾ Blind View Post

Per rebate certificate instructions, what does "text “Upgrade” to 34343" mean? If I don't do it and check the box anyway, will men in black come and take me away? They will know where I live.


Same here about the "upgrade to text" meaning, what if you don't have a cellular connection (I guess that's it's referring too).
Any answer would be appreciated.

Following link goes directly explaining what "upgrade to text" means. At least got my HD Radio today and read about it here as well.

http://www.hdradioalliance.com/
post #8 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by svgtom View Post

And of course with just my luck, the rebate takes effect 6/30, three days after I made my purchase. I'm going to find out if they'll let me in on it.

I'm one up on you. Ordered one through Amazon on the 29th. *sigh*
Oh well!
post #9 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TydalForce View Post

I'm one up on you. Ordered one through Amazon on the 29th. *sigh*
Oh well!

May have been "ordered" on the 29th but did you have it in hand on same date. I would argue that you did not "own" it until after date. Maybe ?
post #10 of 43
What's the date on the invoice? That's usually the qualification date, but read the fine print of the offer to be sure. They have no way of knowing when you took physical possession.

After submitting a rebate request you have to remember to open your junk mail. Rebate checks are often disguised as junk mail with the hopes you'll toss them unopened. I hate rebates.
post #11 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ¾ Blind View Post

Per rebate certificate instructions, what does "text Upgrade to 34343" mean? If I don't do it and check the box anyway, will men in black come and take me away? They will know where I live.

'Text "Upgrade" to 34343' means to send a text message from your cell phone. The phone number you send the message to is 34343 (not a complete phone number, but it will work in the cellular system), and the content of the message should be the word Upgrade.

What this would likely accomplish is that you might start getting junk/spam text messages on your cell phone from HD Radio-related companies. On most cell phones, you would have to pay a fee for each of those messages sent or received.

I read the Terms and Conditions, and I saw nothing that said "offer valid only for people who sent a text message" or similar, so it probably does not matter.
post #12 of 43
Thanks for the Rebate information.

I found a rebate for the same item without the "text message upgrade".
post #13 of 43
post #14 of 43
The - 'Text "Upgrade" to 34343' -message is the shortest ad that I have ever seen. I guess that you have to be a teenager that uses text message shorthand to get the point. Why does one need to text message when you are already at the web-page?
post #15 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post

That means that the Radio Shack Accurian http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2460834&cp will be about $50 net price after the rebate. That isn't too bad to get into HD radio.

Do you have a reason to believe the rebate applies to this model? It's not listed on the form.
post #16 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

Do you have a reason to believe the rebate applies to this model? It's not listed on the form.

It's listed as the very first one in the upper right hand corner as "Accurian TTR."
post #17 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-Lock View Post

It's listed as the very first one in the upper right hand corner as "Accurian TTR."

I've heard of many instances of rebates being denied because the item on the receipt didn't precisely match the item on the rebate form that this would make me nervous. By the time the rebate was denied it would be far too late to return the item.
post #18 of 43
TTR = Table Top Radio
post #19 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

Do you have a reason to believe the rebate applies to this model? It's not listed on the form.

It better be ! That's the model bought from Radio Shack and a google search of name comes up only with this model. It should work out.
post #20 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV View Post

'Text "Upgrade" to 34343' means to send a text message from your cell phone. The phone number you send the message to is 34343 (not a complete phone number, but it will work in the cellular system), and the content of the message should be the word Upgrade.

Thank you for your concise explanation. I figured it had something to do with text messaging; what threw me was the 5-digit number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollystrongg View Post

I found a rebate for the same item without the "text message upgrade".

Thank you for this link. I just as soon not risk opening myself up to text spam. I can live with spam, it's the per item charge even on incoming calls, er, texts that I don't need.

I've been eying a Sangean HDR-1 demo model at a local Sharper Image for $99 (it was there on the shelf a month ago). But the thread on the Sony XDR-F1HD tuner for $99 has caught my intrigue. I'd probably patch the audio into a Kloss Model 88 table radio.
post #21 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ¾ Blind View Post

I've been eying a Sangean HDR-1 demo model at a local Sharper Image for $99 (it was there on the shelf a month ago).

I'd be surprised if it is still there, since all of the stores are closing now and the minimum discount they are giving is 40%.

I bought my demo model for $79 literally 3 days before they announced they were going out of business.
post #22 of 43
Has anyone seen their rebate check yet?

TerryB
post #23 of 43
Yep ! Got my rebate today for $50.
Sent rebate form out on July 5th, 08. Took a little over 5 weeks.
I got the Radio Shack Accurian Table Top Radio.
You all should be getting a check soon if sent out around the same time frame.
post #24 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVGCL View Post

Yep ! Got my rebate today for $50.
Sent rebate form out on July 5th, 08. Took a little over 5 weeks.
I got the Radio Shack Accurian Table Top Radio.
You all should be getting a check soon if sent out around the same time frame.

Looks like they are coming through...
post #25 of 43
Thanks to "mollystrongg" for finding the form without the text message requirement and posting it here. Also I see this form does not require the original receipt, just a good copy.
post #26 of 43
Got my rebate today. It took 4 weeks.
post #27 of 43
Does the rebate w/o text message work? That really valid?
post #28 of 43
I don't think the text message thing can even be verified. There's no way they can match the phone used to the rebate applicant since they never ask for your number or anything. Just check the box on the application.
post #29 of 43
I wonder if I qualify even though I got an HD radio rebate a year ago (or so).
post #30 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by joncmac1 View Post

Does the rebate w/o text message work? That really valid?

Yes, that's the one I used and I got my check last week.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HD Radio
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › HD Radio › HD Radio rebate