or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Denon DVD-A1UD/DVD-A1UDCI Blu-Ray/DVD/SACD/DVD-A/ Universal Player
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon DVD-A1UD/DVD-A1UDCI Blu-Ray/DVD/SACD/DVD-A/ Universal Player - Page 114

post #3391 of 3619
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post

I got mine back from repair just a couple weeks ago and I am assuming they did the latest firmware before sending it back to me. I will check the status of my AL32 light to see if it is on.

Did you check it out? The "clock control" light does come up on your unit (assuming you have latest firmware installed)?
post #3392 of 3619
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus2k View Post

Did you check it out? The "clock control" light does come up on your unit (assuming you have latest firmware installed)?

I don't have the Denon AVP, I have the Classe SSP-800 so I only will get the AL32 light not the clock control lights. However the AL32 led light doesn't come on when I am listening to SACD disc's. It does come on with BD DVD-A and CD disc's just not with SACD is this the way it is supposed to be?
post #3393 of 3619
Is really crazy that Dneon broke up the Clock control with the latest firmware update.
I wonder if there's someone who can point out to Denon the issue, so that they can apply a patch. Is it possible that no one on the QC of Denon noticed the issue?
post #3394 of 3619
Hi guys , i was off for a long time, I see the that there is a new update which i haven"t install on my player.
I suppose we could ask ohyeah , if his player has problem with the update.



Grassy hi , congrats on your new player toy.
post #3395 of 3619
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post

I don't have the Denon AVP, I have the Classe SSP-800 so I only will get the AL32 light not the clock control lights. However the AL32 led light doesn't come on when I am listening to SACD disc's. It does come on with BD DVD-A and CD disc's just not with SACD is this the way it is supposed to be?

Hi,

My 'recollection' is that my AL32 LED was on all the time, irrespective of what type of disc and sound format from the disc. I don't think I've thought about it before that it's not supposed to come on with SACDs.

Anyway, the AL32 LED is still not on for any disc, irrespective of type and sound format, since my last post.

Interestingly, the night before it stopped working, I was listening to a number of SACDs. Wonder if the AL32 LED became 'locked off' because of that SACD session? Sounds daft that it would though, doesn't it? As I mentioned before, I've tried pulling the power plug, resetting the unit to factory defaults, clearing the internal memory and re-entering all my set-up parameters, to no avail.

I suppose it could be that the LED has just failed, but LED are so reliable these days. Without the AL32 LED unlit, how do I know if AL32 is working or not? Is there any obscure setting to manually switch AL32 on or off?

Cheers.
post #3396 of 3619
I think there is a way of switching it on and off. Can"t remember how though.
Check with the manual.
post #3397 of 3619
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus2k View Post

Is really crazy that Dneon broke up the Clock control with the latest firmware update.
I wonder if there's someone who can point out to Denon the issue, so that they can apply a patch. Is it possible that no one on the QC of Denon noticed the issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Steve91 View Post

Hi,
My 'recollection' is that my AL32 LED was on all the time, irrespective of what type of disc and sound format from the disc. I don't think I've thought about it before that it's not supposed to come on with SACDs.
Anyway, the AL32 LED is still not on for any disc, irrespective of type and sound format, since my last post.
Interestingly, the night before it stopped working, I was listening to a number of SACDs. Wonder if the AL32 LED became 'locked off' because of that SACD session? Sounds daft that it would though, doesn't it? As I mentioned before, I've tried pulling the power plug, resetting the unit to factory defaults, clearing the internal memory and re-entering all my set-up parameters, to no avail.
I suppose it could be that the LED has just failed, but LED are so reliable these days. Without the AL32 LED unlit, how do I know if AL32 is working or not? Is there any obscure setting to manually switch AL32 on or off?
Cheers.

I wonder if the new firmware update has anything to do with the AL32 led light not coming on like locutus2k mentioned in his above post that it appears the new update has caused a problem with the clock control led lights coming on. As I mentioned I got my A1 back from New Jersey about a month ago so I am not sure if I am on the very latest update. I think I need to connect my 100ft ethernet cable in order to find that out. I will have to listen to some sacd's today to see if the AL32 led light comes on as it does with all the other formats.
post #3398 of 3619
Both advanced al32 and denon link 4 are lit on my player , after loading a sacd. Firmware Not latest.
post #3399 of 3619
Hi Everbody,

I already ask these quistions to Seth and I am still wondering about this issue,,

I am from the Netherlands having a vacation in Thailand with my wife and now on the way to Hong Kong to get a brand new Denon AVP A1HDA 3D. I think its a wonder that I found one brand new incl the 3D upgrade.

Is it thru that there are only two BD players that have the Denon link 4? (A1U and the 4010) or are there others?
If I would pick up a A1UD is it right that the Realta chip in the A1UD, when connected to the AVP Start working together with the AVP and so enhance the quality video or when connected to the AVP, the AVP just takes over en let the Realta chip in the A1UD just sitting there.

The only way I connecting the player is thru the HDMI and DLink 4.
What are youre thoughs about the 4020 model ? This model is not gonna hurt me so much as the A1 would


I never heard the Denon AVP jet but I know its the best processor out there, problebly ever if you see where everybody (other brands) are going.
Maybe I can get a good deal on a A1 player in HK but I did not find one jet

Wel thanks in advance,

Bye

Alex
post #3400 of 3619
Hi Alex. When you connect a1ud with avp through dl4 the avp becomes master clock for the audio signal. Video signal is normally fed through the second hdmi of a1ud to the tv or pj.
As for the players with dl4 , only those two you mentioned have it. Newer players have a different denon link with a rca plug.As for the quality of a1ud , indeed it"s a reference player youre gonna love.
I don"t know the price class of 4020 but probably it"s lower than the a1ud.You can"t go wrong with a1 it"{s a excellent player.
Edited by jomark911 - 11/6/12 at 8:16am
post #3401 of 3619
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomark911 View Post

Both advanced al32 and denon link 4 are lit on my player , after loading a sacd. Firmware Not latest.

If for any reason you are willing to install the current firmware update, please let us know if the control led(s) still works or not afetr the update. Thanks.
post #3402 of 3619
Hi Luigi , no i will not install the update , since it has a bug.
Let see if anybody else has done it and if they have the same problem.
post #3403 of 3619
Thanks for the reply, it seems that everybody is getting "cold" with this unit. Sad, because i think it's still THE current market reference in AV playing.
post #3404 of 3619
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus2k View Post

Thanks for the reply, it seems that everybody is getting "cold" with this unit. Sad, because i think it's still THE current market reference in AV playing.

Yeah, the latest firmware:

1. Ruined playability for most of my new BDs either "No Disc" or BD displays a message about a firmware updated required to play "..Check with Manufacturer..". Not horribile because i got it for my 600+ SACD collection. This is where this player comes on par with Esoterics and other reference players. The PS3 takes care
of the BDs for me.

2. Random stutters, fraction of a second every few seconds when in Stereo SACD layer via XLRs, switching to MCH or CD then back to Stereo SACD eliminates it. Never happens with MCH playback.

Still considering the 2k i dropped for a player with AKM DACs and truly isolated fully balanced stereo, i consider the above as minor nuissances.
I am discovering Mobile Fidelity as a label with classic rock/pop, their 2 channel recordings really shine on my system. McIntosh MVP891 way expenve, Esoterics feature 2 channel only, so no upgrades any time soon. Meridian still rejects SACD, up theirs!

I called Denon tech support where some slang speaking intoxicated sounding guy reported that I would have to send unit in to Panurgy to get it fixed. I had him repeat x3 so he could finally stop eating up words, my 4yo speaks better, pathetic!
Edited by bobpaule - 11/25/12 at 9:28am
post #3405 of 3619
Oohh sorry to hear that bobpaule. It"s a really nice player , to be ruined with a f....k fw . Try to get it fixed.
I never thouhjt we would have troubles like this with this player. Man that sucks.
post #3406 of 3619
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomark911 View Post

Oohh sorry to hear that bobpaule. It"s a really nice player , to be ruined with a f....k fw . Try to get it fixed.
I never thouhjt we would have troubles like this with this player. Man that sucks.

I certainly have had my share of issues with my A1, having to send it in for repair twice. Right now it has not been giving me any problems and as Bobpaule commented when this player is working it is a really good 2-channel player, for that matter a good player on all formats.
post #3407 of 3619
I'm not sure where to start but this page comes up first when I search Denon A1UD.
I have a friend that I recently made who moved to the area from the UK. He has given me some electronics that he brought with him here and then decided not to keep due to the difference in electric supplied to outlets here. Among the pieces is a Denon A1UD. Does anyone on here know where the best place to sell it is? I also have a Pathos Endorphin, Cinema-X, and Classic 1-MKIII.
post #3408 of 3619
Try the ads here in avs. If not ebay it.
post #3409 of 3619
Hi everybody,

Oke, just bought a AVP 3D together with a 4010UD. Now I am playing around with the Dlink4. When I play a BlueRay it works fine (three lights) but when i'am playing a CD then the third light does not lightup. Is this how is should be.

Or do I have to switch the AVP and the 4010UD, to Dlink3. Or is the anti-jitter working without the light on?

I have the Dlink indicator light up on the AVP, but when the third blue light comes on the 4020UD the Dlink indicator on the AVP goes off. Now the moment I play a CD, like you said the third light on the 4010UD stays off but the indicator on the AVP keeps burning.

Is this the way it should be?

SoundofMind said:

That is true for my A100, it does not say DenonLink on the AVR FPD for BluRay, just 3 lights on the player. Two lights on the player and Denon link light on the AVR for CD, SACD. You could confirm in the AVP thread.


anybody can confirm ?

thx

Alex
Edited by Texas25 - 12/3/12 at 10:21am
post #3410 of 3619
Yes i can confirm that, the third led lights up only with blu rays. Nothing else.
The denon link 4 should stay on on the avp display. This is how it works.
post #3411 of 3619
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomark911 View Post

Yes i can confirm that, the third led lights up only with blu rays. Nothing else.
The denon link 4 should stay on on the avp display. This is how it works.

I am sorry but im a little slow, so if the Dlink4 works with blueray playback, than both of the indicators will light up ? ( the third light 4010UD and the indicator on the AVP)
and with CD the indicator on the AVP will light up but not the third light on the 4010UD?

thx
Mark

regards

Alex
post #3412 of 3619
...
post #3413 of 3619
To tell the truth i"ve never bothered with a plain cd, but , it should work as you described.
Just remember that the third led on the player lights up ONLY with blu rays.
post #3414 of 3619
Hey guys,

I apologize for not posting here in a while, just had a lot of stuff going on.

After using my A1UD for a while with the last firmware update, I have not had the blue LED issue that others have had. All three are lit and all is well.smile.gif Bummer that others have had that happen, here's hoping that the next update fixes it for you.

Anyway I'm still enjoying my A1UD!
post #3415 of 3619
Discovered a new bug with the latest firmware: when using XLR connections to an all analog pre, audio stutters and have distortion unless you put the "PURE DIRECT" mode to ON.
This wasn't happening with the previous firmware. I'm wondering if someone at Denon will ever fix this mess or leave this player bricked by a trashy firmware.
Is there anyway to go back to previous firmware?
post #3416 of 3619
Sorry to hear that this latest firmware screwed things up for you.frown.gif As far as I know there isn't a way for an owner to install an older firmware. I'm sure a Denon Service Center can do that, but to do it ones self I'm not sure. Here's hoping that another firmware update corrects the issues.
post #3417 of 3619
Hello all - I am a recent purchaser of this player and have a question for the group. I am connecting it to a Denon AVR-4810 which has the DenonLink 4 capability and gone through all of the procedures to connect the AVR and the DVD-A1 to ensure DLink is enabled. However I only get the "Advanced AL32" and the "Denon Link On" lights to light up. The "Clock Control" light just doesn't come on. I do have the output set up on the DVD-A1 set to 720P but that shouldn't affect the clock control which is only for audio correct? Have read this thread for some time and bought the unit based on a lot of the user input so I very much respect any input form the user sommunity. Thanks!
post #3418 of 3619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardo42 View Post

Hello all - I am a recent purchaser of this player and have a question for the group. I am connecting it to a Denon AVR-4810 which has the DenonLink 4 capability and gone through all of the procedures to connect the AVR and the DVD-A1 to ensure DLink is enabled. However I only get the "Advanced AL32" and the "Denon Link On" lights to light up. The "Clock Control" light just doesn't come on. I do have the output set up on the DVD-A1 set to 720P but that shouldn't affect the clock control which is only for audio correct? Have read this thread for some time and bought the unit based on a lot of the user input so I very much respect any input form the user sommunity. Thanks!

Hi Bardo42,

First off congrats on your new purchase!smile.gif Happy to have a new A1UD owner with us!

While I don't own the AVR-4810, I do own a Denon AVP-A1HD, and the procedure I used may very well work for you as well being that they're both Denon products. Try the procedure detailed in this link and see if it works for you.

A1UD/AVP setup
post #3419 of 3619
Thanks! Think I had the AV settings correct, but will try the DVD-A1 settings this evening.
post #3420 of 3619
Well, unfortunately the Clock Copntrol light still won't come on. I am thinking the bulb may have burned out???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Denon DVD-A1UD/DVD-A1UDCI Blu-Ray/DVD/SACD/DVD-A/ Universal Player