For anyone planning on installing v1.2, this is very important:
Firmware v1.2 includes a new data structure for storing user preferences. This was added to eliminate the need to restore factory defaults following firmware updates. This in turn eliminates erasing user preferences when firmware is updated in the future.
The new data structure is built in EDGE's memory immediately after copying the firmware to EDGE and unplugging the USB cable. During the time it takes to build the data structure, EDGE's front LED will flash red/green.
After the new firmware is copied to EDGE and the USB cable is disconnected, the front LED will flash red/green for 2-4 minutes. This is normal for this firmware. Just wait for it to stop flashing.
This is normally ok if you use a laptop or computer hooked up to the EDGE while it's at your TV, but if you have to take the EDGE to your computer to update it, you should wait until it's finished before disconnecting the power or you may have problems.
- Improved audio handling and audio compatibility
- Improved compatibility with analog component inputs
- Improved compatibility with game consoles
- Improved compatibility with PCs
- Improved switching with less flashing
- Improved power efficiency
- New PReP feature for 1080p inputs
- New user option for enabling PReP for Standard Definition or High Definition inputs
- New user control Hot Plug Source improves switching with certain source components
- New user options over deinterlace processing
- New user options for controlling automatic power down
- New user options for controlling automatic power on
- New user options for controlling analog component inputs
- New data structure for user preferences eliminates the requirement for to restore factory defaults when updating firmware. Future firmware updates will not erase the user's preferences.