Originally Posted by juancmjr
It is strange. When you do reinstall V1.1 post your findings. I'd be curious if it was a poorly done installation on my part, or a buggy update.
I tried reinstalling two different ways...
1) repeating the same procedure using the *.abt file. I'm actually using a Macbook Pro running Windows in a VMware virtual machine, but deleting the existing file and copying the new one to the Edge attached usb 'drive' seems to work fine. One thing that I did find curious (not sure if this has been covered elsewhere) is that the 1.1 file I put on the machine is reportedly 383K, but the 1.1 file that I delete from edge is showing up as 462K. Interesting.
2) to eliminate the possibility that the VM was somehow introducing a subtle glitch I also tried the Macintosh updater executable version of the 1.1 upgrade.
Both of these attempts yielded the same end result - settings in 1.1 for me do not survive any power bounce (either pulling the plug or just using the buttons on the remote.) I've also had the unit just lock up and stop responding at all to the remote. Sometimes this happens when I'm trying to select a different input, but it also locks up on its own when I'm not trying to do anything but watch a program.
The possibility that I have a hardware issue is increasing... somehow the 1.0 firmware just didn't reveal it - although I haven't tried reverting to 1.0 yet to see if there is now some problem for me even with that version. I can't believe that the behavior that I'm observing was somehow overlooked by all the beta testers before 1.1 was released.