or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official VSX-01TXH and VSX-03TXH Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official VSX-01TXH and VSX-03TXH Owners Thread - Page 104

post #3091 of 3258
Has anybody tried running 3D blu ray through this? Any success?
post #3092 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAW View Post

Yeah, and I'm doing the following: FLAC to MediaMonkey, convert to WAV (in MM as well), import to iTunes, then convert to Apple lossless (ALAC), and then to my iPhone and plugged in to the iPod port on my AVR. *sigh*

I've been doing some research and a media streamer, like the Sonos unit, is the only way to go.

Why not just use whichever FLAC player you're already using?
post #3093 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by repomambo View Post

I have the VSX-9130 and the only way I have had sucess playing FLAC files was through my laptop hooker up VIA HDMI. Sounds good but not sure how to check to see if its truly loss less audio.

Why would it not be lossless? FLAC only gets decoded to PCM and sent to your receiver. Which HDMI device do you have?
post #3094 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by malloryj View Post

Has anybody tried running 3D blu ray through this? Any success?

I don't believe it is possible to do.
post #3095 of 3258
NYC Guy is correct.
post #3096 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post

Why not just use whichever FLAC player you're already using?

You mean play Mediamonkey through my AVR? In theory that's perfect, BUT, my PC is nowhere near my AVR and running wires to it is out of the question.

I've begun saving for a Sonos system.
post #3097 of 3258
I see, so your problem is not only flac, but pretty much any audio that you have on your PC. I believe you can use Airfoil to stream from your PC connected to an Airport Express or Apple TV (which should be less expensive than a Sonos system, the AE can be had for 69 bucks refurb direct from Apple, or from other stores for around 65). I'm not sure what your remote control options or requirements are though. I know there's a plugin for foobar2000 to use the Apple Remote app for iPhone, but that has some bugs. Works for basic functionality like choosing playlists and basic playback commands though.

EDIT: it seems there's a Mediamonkey iphone remote app. I haven't used MM, so I don't know how it works.
post #3098 of 3258
Well that's just it, Andy o. I've tried streaming to my PS3 via PS3 Media Server, TVersity, what have you, and it's laggy to say the least. Will I get the same result with AppleTV or Airplay or whatever they're calling it this year?

I've heard Sonos runs on wireless N and is almost seamless streaming.
post #3099 of 3258
I have the vsx-01 and my question is this. "What are some good universal remotes that will work with this reciever"? I would like to find a remote that will opperate the vsx-01 and dishnet vip211 to be honest. I have thought about getting the harmony 700, would that be good enought? I don't want to go over $200 if possible.
post #3100 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsfan19 View Post
I have the vsx-01 and my question is this. "What are some good universal remotes that will work with this reciever"? I would like to find a remote that will opperate the vsx-01 and dishnet vip211 to be honest. I have thought about getting the harmony 700, would that be good enought? I don't want to go over $200 if possible.
I have the 01 and use a Harmony One remote with it without any complaints. The H1 rocks and is going to be a more enjoyable remote to use. However I wouldn't be able to tell you about the H1 and the dishnet vip211 but you can check on Logitech's H1 site for devices it supports. You should be able too purchase the H1 for under $200 if you look online at sites like Amazon, etc.
post #3101 of 3258
I just put the Sirius app on my Droid Incredible and I would like to listen to it through my VSX-01 while I'm playing my PS3. I have the PS3 hooked up to the 01 with an HDMI cable so is there any way I can have sound from my Incredible but the video of the PS3? I have a Y cable that has the 3.5 mm connector on 1 end that I can plug into the Incredible and the other end is RCA. I have it connected to the front panel through the Video Input, but obviously if I switch the 01 to Video to listen to the Incredible, I lose the video of the PS3. Is there any solution for this?
post #3102 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglen View Post

I just put the Sirius app on my Droid Incredible and I would like to listen to it through my VSX-01 while I'm playing my PS3. I have the PS3 hooked up to the 01 with an HDMI cable so is there any way I can have sound from my Incredible but the video of the PS3? I have a Y cable that has the 3.5 mm connector on 1 end that I can plug into the Incredible and the other end is RCA. I have it connected to the front panel through the Video Input, but obviously if I switch the 01 to Video to listen to the Incredible, I lose the video of the PS3. Is there any solution for this?

Assign sb to zone 2 and play your iPod music through there, just turn down the main volume.
post #3103 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksHitachi View Post

Assign sb to zone 2 and play your iPod music through there, just turn down the main volume.

Would you mind walking me through the steps to do this? I don't understand what you are saying I should do, sorry.
post #3104 of 3258
I don't know if I hooked it up right, it is working, but I need an opinion if it's safe the way I have it hooked up. On the back of the receiver, there are Multi Ch Inputs, so I connected my RCA cable to the "front" inputs. The other end of the RCA cable is a 3.5mm connection that I ran to my Incredible. While the PS3 is on, I switch the button on the front of the receiver that says "Multi CH In" and the Sirius that is playing on my Incredible comes through the speakers while I still have the PS3 showing on my Plasma. Can this connection do any harm to my receiver?
post #3105 of 3258
I don't remember if the 01 has a usb on the front, but if it does, I would try hooking it up through the front usb and use the ipod setting. You would have to look at the wires though....

It will be fine to use as you mentioned you will not hurt the receiver.
post #3106 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksHitachi View Post

I don't remember if the 01 has a usb on the front, but if it does, I would try hooking it up through the front usb and use the ipod setting. You would have to look at the wires though....

It will be fine to use as you mentioned you will not hurt the receiver.

It does, but if I connect it that way,won't I lose the video of the PS3 when I switch to the USB input ?
post #3107 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglen View Post

It does, but if I connect it that way,won't I lose the video of the PS3 when I switch to the USB input ?


Here is what I have done, it may or may not work for you.

Quick note you must have at least 7 speakers to do this:

L C R

SR SL

SBR SBL<<<<<<< Set to Zone 2

I have the SB(surround back speakers) set to Zone 2 on my receiver. They are actually outside in garage/back deck. When using the receiver in the living room for TV I can plug in the usb device. I select Zone 2 on the remote, click power on, and select ipod for the input. It then continues to play the tv in the living room and plays the ipod through the receiver out to zone 2(SBR/SBL).

Now for your situation zone 2 would be in the same room, just playing the ipod. This might be preferable because you can have the sound effects of the game play at low level and the background music play through the SB channels simultaneously, or turn the volume down on the game.
post #3108 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksHitachi View Post


Here is what I have done, it may or may not work for you.

Quick note you must have at least 7 speakers to do this:

L C R

SR SL

SBR SBL<<<<<<< Set to Zone 2

I have the SB(surround back speakers) set to Zone 2 on my receiver. They are actually outside in garage/back deck. When using the receiver in the living room for TV I can plug in the usb device. I select Zone 2 on the remote, click power on, and select ipod for the input. It then continues to play the tv in the living room and plays the ipod through the receiver out to zone 2(SBR/SBL).

Now for your situation zone 2 would be in the same room, just playing the ipod. This might be preferable because you can have the sound effects of the game play at low level and the background music play through the SB channels simultaneously, or turn the volume down on the game.

That sounds like a great solution, but unfortunately, I don't have a 7 speaker setup. Thank you for taking the time to explain everything though.
post #3109 of 3258
I have an 01 and just got a powered subwoofer. Is there a way I can run MCACC to adjust only for the addition of the subwoofer and leave my other speaker settings alone?
post #3110 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem0967
I have an 01 and just got a powered subwoofer. Is there a way I can run MCACC to adjust only for the addition of the subwoofer and leave my other speaker settings alone?
I'm not an expert, but I think it would be wise to run MCAAC again with all the speakers and sub hooked up.
post #3111 of 3258
I have an 03 and was thinking of getting a 5 disc Marantz cd player.. Can I use the optical 2 (which is default for dvr) for an input? I could just leave it and not relabel it..thanks in advance..
post #3112 of 3258
You should be able to use the optical 2 input. IIRC, all of the digital inputs are assignable except for the BD input.
post #3113 of 3258
Hi, just a quick general question on formats.
I have had the VSX-03TXH A/V receiver for over a year now and all is good.
Having just picked up a new center channel speaker, I was trying out a variety of sources to see how it sounded (DVD-Audio, SACD, DTS Surround, Blu-ray, etc).

On one particular Blu-ray, (Jeff Beck Live At Ronnie Scott's), I couldn't get the Blu-ray to play back in surround.
The disc lists DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 as one of it's 3 playback modes (the other two being 2 channel LPCM stereo & Dolby Digital 5.1).
Every other Blu-ray, SACD, DTS surround, DVD-Audio, gets detected automatically to the best playback format, but this disc seems to be a little odd.
I switched it out with Rush's Snakes & Arrows Blu-ray, and it went to surround no problem. Do you think there is an issue with the JB Blu-ray?

Is there a way to force it to playback in DTS HD master Audio?
I did switch formats from the remote, but DTS HD MA never appeared.

Thanks.
post #3114 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglen View Post

I'm not an expert, but I think it would be wise to run MCAAC again with all the speakers and sub hooked up.

Thanks! I ran MCAAC again today and everything sounds great. Never knew what I was missing without the sub.
post #3115 of 3258
Always fine tune distance and level mccac gets it close but not perfect......
post #3116 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntInstrument View Post

Hi, just a quick general question on formats.
I have had the VSX-03TXH A/V receiver for over a year now and all is good.
Having just picked up a new center channel speaker, I was trying out a variety of sources to see how it sounded (DVD-Audio, SACD, DTS Surround, Blu-ray, etc).

On one particular Blu-ray, (Jeff Beck Live At Ronnie Scott's), I couldn't get the Blu-ray to play back in surround.
The disc lists DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 as one of it's 3 playback modes (the other two being 2 channel LPCM stereo & Dolby Digital 5.1).
Every other Blu-ray, SACD, DTS surround, DVD-Audio, gets detected automatically to the best playback format, but this disc seems to be a little odd.
I switched it out with Rush's Snakes & Arrows Blu-ray, and it went to surround no problem. Do you think there is an issue with the JB Blu-ray?

Is there a way to force it to playback in DTS HD master Audio?
I did switch formats from the remote, but DTS HD MA never appeared.

Thanks.

What did your AVR say it was receiving? If it said PCM and your speaker indicator lights indicate 5.1 the AVR is likely doing the decoding internally. I don't know about a JB BD player but you should be able to go into the BD set up menu and select DTS MA and for it to bitstream that to the AVR. Yes, it could be a disc idiosyncrasy (DTS isn't properly flagged) but by doing the above you should be able to force it.
post #3117 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgribbles View Post

What did your AVR say it was receiving? If it said PCM and your speaker indicator lights indicate 5.1 the AVR is likely doing the decoding internally. I don't know about a JB BD player but you should be able to go into the BD set up menu and select DTS MA and for it to bitstream that to the AVR. Yes, it could be a disc idiosyncrasy (DTS isn't properly flagged) but by doing the above you should be able to force it.

Thanks, I'll fool around with the settings a little bit more.
post #3118 of 3258
I just inherited a 03-TXH receiver however the sound keeps drooping out for a couple of seconds every minute (all HDMI connections).I searched old threads to no avail.

The other issue, I do not have the original remote, I'm using a already programmed RTI remote to change channels and basic functions. I even bought a harmony 300 remote but i cant assign the buttons ie. audio parameters without learning from original remote, which i don't have.

Any suggestions on the sound problem? Do i have to buy a new remote and microphone from pioneer?

Thanks
post #3119 of 3258
Just tried to hook a HTPC up to my 01 and it won't recognize the HDMI connection at all (little red light indicating HDMI on the front panel doesn't come on) and nothing is displayed on my monitor (TV). It's not the cable and it's not the TV and there is nothing wrong with the HTPC. Everything works fine when I hook the HDMI cable directly to the TV input. One of those stupid things. Something is incompatible with something.

When I open the Nvidia control panel there's an option "View HDCP status." It says, "Your graphics card and display are HDCP capable."

I searched the thread, but it looks like everyone else's video gets passed through the 01 just fine. Some people had issues with audio. That I could handle (motherboard has digital coax audio out) but it's no use without the picture.

I'm going to bed. Thanks in advance if anyone had a similar problem and solved it. I already tried shuffling the HDMI cables between the three inputs in the back of the 01. They all work. Should have been a very easy thing to set up. The video card is a GeForce GT 240 if it matters. Cheers.
post #3120 of 3258
^^^

issues with hdmi/hdcp and htpc's when hooked up to a repeater (i.e. an avr) are almost always the fault of the htpc... the best place to look for help with this would be in the htpc subforum... check with others who have your same card and see what firmware, settings, etc. that they are using...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official VSX-01TXH and VSX-03TXH Owners Thread