or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official VSX-01TXH and VSX-03TXH Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official VSX-01TXH and VSX-03TXH Owners Thread - Page 106

post #3151 of 3258
I'd use it for both instead of just one. Not sure that you'd hear a difference but just in case.
post #3152 of 3258
i love this receiver but its such overkill for the crappy bose system I have. Its got way more power than I need. I was thinking about trading it for a newer model.
post #3153 of 3258
Why not get better speakers instead?
post #3154 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post

Why not get better speakers instead?

my living room is really small and these were free from the father inlaw. I don't mind them but its incredible that people paid almost 1000$ for them. Plus im broke now :-)
post #3155 of 3258
Depends on what features you need and which model you'll be getting when you trade it in, then. What do you have in mind exactly? I like Airplay, but I get pretty much the same with the VSX-01 and an Airport Express.
post #3156 of 3258
My new LCD is having lip sync problems. How do I adjust the delay? Don't see the option in audio settings. Also, can I make the adjustment with a component input as well as HDMI?
post #3157 of 3258
When I turned on my setup this morning the HTPC would not display on the TV. The VSX01 HDMI light did not light up nor did it even blink. I moved the connection to HDMI 2 and everything worked fine.

When I plug my laptop into the HDMI 1 input it detects the VSX01 and puts the computer into multi-monitor mode but the VSX01's HDMI light never comes on (and never blinks). So it seems like my HDMI 1 input is messed up? It will no longer handshake and make a connection(?)

Although its not totally dead because my computer detects the connection just fine. It can even see that it's a VSX01 on the other end. So perhaps something is wrong with the VSX's ability to route/connect the HDMI 1 to the HDMI out???

any ideas would be appreciated.
post #3158 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejez View Post

When I turned on my setup this morning the HTPC would not display on the TV. The VSX01 HDMI light did not light up nor did it even blink. I moved the connection to HDMI 2 and everything worked fine.

When I plug my laptop into the HDMI 1 input it detects the VSX01 and puts the computer into multi-monitor mode but the VSX01's HDMI light never comes on (and never blinks). So it seems like my HDMI 1 input is messed up? It will no longer handshake and make a connection(?)

Although its not totally dead because my computer detects the connection just fine. It can even see that it's a VSX01 on the other end. So perhaps something is wrong with the VSX's ability to route/connect the HDMI 1 to the HDMI out???

any ideas would be appreciated.

Try new cables. Worked on my end.
post #3159 of 3258
Geezer did you figure out your lip sync problem? If not, you should be able to correct it using the audio delay setting. It's explained in Chapter 11 of the manual on p. 73.
post #3160 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavol View Post

Geezer did you figure out your lip sync problem? If not, you should be able to correct it using the audio delay setting. It's explained in Chapter 11 of the manual on p. 73.

I saw the manual's page but when I went to my AVR, the option was not available. Maybe it doesn't work with certain surround modes.
post #3161 of 3258
I have a vsx-01txh coupled with a DirecTv HD DVR and a Samsung Plasma (non-3D). When I change channels I experience the delay (video & audio) not present when the sat box it directly connected to the TV. I have learned to deal with it but the next problem has my wife all over my case. At times, when changing a channel AND the resolution changes I loose video. The audio comes thru but the signal is never found for the video and I get a black screen. If I switch the input and switch back to the sat box it has always come thru the second time.

Why do I loose video and what can I do to fix it?

P.S. I have seen the question asked about firmware upgrades for the vsx-01txh but no one has ever said their is one and where it can be found. I have looked on Pioneer's site and had no luck. Is there one and if so where?
post #3162 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffering View Post

I have a vsx-01txh coupled with a DirecTv HD DVR and a Samsung Plasma (non-3D). When I change channels I experience the delay (video & audio) not present when the sat box it directly connected to the TV. I have learned to deal with it but the next problem has my wife all over my case. At times, when changing a channel AND the resolution changes I loose video. The audio comes thru but the signal is never found for the video and I get a black screen. If I switch the input and switch back to the sat box it has always come thru the second time.

Why do I loose video and what can I do to fix it?

P.S. I have seen the question asked about firmware upgrades for the vsx-01txh but no one has ever said their is one and where it can be found. I have looked on Pioneer's site and had no luck. Is there one and if so where?

I had a similar problem with my set up. I use DirecTV and an VSX01. I would lose video when changing channels AND the channels resolution changed (ie - 720p - 1080i). I fixed this by setting my VSX01 to video pass through mode and fixing my DTV box to only output one resolution (the one that matches my display).
post #3163 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejhuzy View Post

I had a similar problem with my set up. I use DirecTV and an VSX01. I would lose video when changing channels AND the channels resolution changed (ie - 720p - 1080i). I fixed this by setting my VSX01 to video pass through mode and fixing my DTV box to only output one resolution (the one that matches my display).

Ed, thanks for your quick answer. I have made the changes and will have to wait and see if they work for me. If I were a betting man I would bet on your advice though.

BTW, I took a look at your HT thread. Very nice! Very tastefully executed. Kudos to the DIY too. I love your stage. Very much like I have thought about. I have an unfinished basement like yours and have been planning to do the same thing. I am out of work at the moment but hopefully one day I will get to it. I plan on a half bath and an office but the other half of the basement is storage and laundry and has to stay that way. Thanks again for the advice.
Brian
post #3164 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejhuzy View Post
I had a similar problem with my set up. I use DirecTV and an VSX01. I would lose video when changing channels AND the channels resolution changed (ie - 720p - 1080i). I fixed this by setting my VSX01 to video pass through mode and fixing my DTV box to only output one resolution (the one that matches my display).
Ed,
That did it. Faster channel switching and no more loss of video. Thanks again man!
Brina
post #3165 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffering View Post

Ed,
That did it. Faster channel switching and no more loss of video. Thanks again man!
Brina

Brian, glad to hear and happy I was right for a change.

Thanks for the props on my room. Probably the best (and definitely the most) money I ever spent on myself. Well worth it and the family loves it too.
post #3166 of 3258
After remodeling the room I use for movie & TV viewing, I hooked up the mic to do a re-calibration of the sound levels. I let the 03 run through the tests but the AVR shut down after 10 seconds & stayed off. I tried again saving to a new slot (#3) & the same thing happened. Shuts down after a few seconds! Any ideas? Is my 03 defective? It worked a few times in the past & everything else seems to be functioning ok. If I had a shorted speaker wire I'm sure it would have acted up before the test?
post #3167 of 3258
^^^

check the speaker wires... the short wouldn't show up until you actually presented a load to the avr (i.e. start running the test)... no load, no current, no short...
post #3168 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

^^^

check the speaker wires... the short wouldn't show up until you actually presented a load to the avr (i.e. start running the test)... no load, no current, no short...

You were right! Although it took a while, I found the problem under one of the main speakers. Moving a 100 lb speaker is definitely a 2 man job. Gave me a reason to switch to banana plugs.
Thanks again.
post #3169 of 3258
^^^

you got it... glad you are up and running...

i feel your pain on the speakers... i put furniture sliders under mine to make it easier... i felt like a wimp always having to have my wife help me move them before...
post #3170 of 3258
Does anyone have any input on how to place the mic when calibrating the room? I used the sofa I sit on, putting the mic where my butt would be. Results are not good. Should I place it higher up, use a box to elevate? Any input here would be helpful.
post #3171 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

Does anyone have any input on how to place the mic when calibrating the room? I used the sofa I sit on, putting the mic where my butt would be. Results are not good. Should I place it higher up, use a box to elevate? Any input here would be helpful.

Don't put it where your butt would be. Put it up higher where your ears are. In other words on top of the sofa where you usually rest your head on the sofa back.
post #3172 of 3258
Put it on a tripod, or if you don't have it, tape it to the end of a stick or something like that. Putting it on a flat surface will mess up the sound.
post #3173 of 3258
I'm looking to add a vintage turntable to my VSX-01TXH. Will an older turntable work ok with the amp?
post #3174 of 3258
I've had it with my whole system! I'm hoping someone here can help. I have the vsx-01txh receiver. We've been successful in setting up HDMI for only ONE component, our Pio Blu Ray player, and that was literally plug-and-play. Everything else is patched, and now we've added an XBox to the mess.

Here are the components as it now sits:
Pio Kuro 50" TV
vsx-01txh
DirecTV HD22-100
Pio Blu Ray
Xbox 360S

We have HDMI out of the receiver into the the TV. The Blu Ray is hooked to the receiver, into the dedicated HDMI jack (labeled BD). When we tried to hook ANYTHING up to the HDMI jacks in the receiver, we get NO sound OR picture.

We have each separately and together read the manuals for ALL components so many times, I think we should have it memorized by now. Obviously we couldn't figure it out, so we patched everything, except the XBox because we have to buy YET ANOTHER set of cables to make that patch work. Before we do that, I thought I'd try my luck here.

Is there a simple means of getting the receiver to recognize all the components plugged into its HDMI jacks without fiddling with the settings? I don't give a rip about the quality of the sound at this point - ANY sound would be just fine! I just want to get something out of the investment we've made to go to HDMI. Eliminating a few coax/RCA cables along the way would be nice too.

Is this possible? Or am I stuck with patching everything? (Patching here means using the HDMI cables to plug directly into the TV and using RCA cables to patch the sound into the receiver from the components, with the exception of the xBox, where we're using the proprietary cable to connect to the TV and patching/passing thru the TV to the receiver.)
post #3175 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariRose View Post

I've had it with my whole system! I'm hoping someone here can help. I have the vsx-01txh receiver. We've been successful in setting up HDMI for only ONE component, our Pio Blu Ray player, and that was literally plug-and-play. Everything else is patched, and now we've added an XBox to the mess.

Here are the components as it now sits:
Pio Kuro 50" TV
vsx-01txh
DirecTV HD22-100
Pio Blu Ray
Xbox 360S

We have HDMI out of the receiver into the the TV. The Blu Ray is hooked to the receiver, into the dedicated HDMI jack (labeled BD). When we tried to hook ANYTHING up to the HDMI jacks in the receiver, we get NO sound OR picture.

We have each separately and together read the manuals for ALL components so many times, I think we should have it memorized by now. Obviously we couldn't figure it out, so we patched everything, except the XBox because we have to buy YET ANOTHER set of cables to make that patch work. Before we do that, I thought I'd try my luck here.

Is there a simple means of getting the receiver to recognize all the components plugged into its HDMI jacks without fiddling with the settings? I don't give a rip about the quality of the sound at this point - ANY sound would be just fine! I just want to get something out of the investment we've made to go to HDMI. Eliminating a few coax/RCA cables along the way would be nice too.

Is this possible? Or am I stuck with patching everything? (Patching here means using the HDMI cables to plug directly into the TV and using RCA cables to patch the sound into the receiver from the components, with the exception of the xBox, where we're using the proprietary cable to connect to the TV and patching/passing thru the TV to the receiver.)

Hard to answer this without seeing your hookup.
I run all my equipment via HDMI to AVR, than run one out to TV. Turn off HDMI Control. Have the AVR upconvert all inputs to 1080P. Your Xbox should have a HDMI out, no adapter. You may have to go into AVR setup & make sure every input is set to HDMI out only. Turn on devices in reverse order. I suggest a harmony remote. Report back with more specific questions.
post #3176 of 3258
Have you assigned the HDMI connections as the source for the video input being used?
post #3177 of 3258
DariRose,
Are you switching the input to the corrosponding HDMI1 or HDMI2 input after you plug the HDMI cable from your device as explained on p. 16 of the manual? The VSX-01 won't automatically switch to the proper HDMI input. It has to be done manually. For example, plug your satellite box's HDMI cable into the HDMI1 input on the VSX-01 and press the HDMI1 button on the front of the VSX-01 until the display shows HDMI1. Unless you have a defective unit or I am misunderstanding what you're trying to do I believe that process should get you a picture. Hope that helps.
post #3178 of 3258
I have no idea what is meant by AVR. I don't know how to program any of this stuff. I think I'm out of luck and will have to shell out the $$$ to get this system set the way I want it.

As it is, I've done a factory reset on the unit, replugged all the hdmi cables the way I want them, turned on all the components with the TV being the last one in the chain, then turned on the receiver. I cycled through all the inputs and the HDMI 1 and 2. No luck. I have no idea how to assign HDMI1 or 2 to the component I've hooked to it. The UI is less than helpful when the only options are DVD or Video, neither of which correspond to the type of unit I'm trying to get connected.

Specifically, I get no picture or sound when I hook the hdmi cable from my DirecTV to the receiver (HDMI1 or 2) and attempt to use the corresponding HDMI selection on the receiver.

And now for the kicker. Last night we hooked the xbox to the back of TV directly, and used RCA cables hooked from the TV to the receiver. Voila! We could play our new game. After my adventure with the factory reset, this no longer works. What the hell was I thinking....

Anyone got a good AV guy willing to do house calls to western WA?
post #3179 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavol View Post

DariRose,
Are you switching the input to the corrosponding HDMI1 or HDMI2 input after you plug the HDMI cable from your device as explained on p. 16 of the manual?

Before saying "I don't know how to do that", did you look at p.16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariRose View Post

We have each separately and together read the manuals for ALL components so many times, I think we should have it memorized by now.

You must have.




PS. AVR = your VSX-01TXH
post #3180 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post

Before saying "I don't know how to do that", did you look at p.16?

Sure did. Didn't help before, doesn't help now. What am I missing? I know I don't want to set the audio option to Through b/c I want to get the sound through the receiver. Or did I mis-understand that too?

The DirecTV unit o/p is set to 1080, so where that component is concerned I'm not sure that res is the issue.

Please forgive the tone of my posts. I'm trying really hard to be civil, but I'm beyond patience at this point....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official VSX-01TXH and VSX-03TXH Owners Thread