I have searched and skimmed through several related posts, read batpig's tutorial, and the famous PS3 thread with no solution.
Problem: There is no HDMI video display on my Sony (KDL-46W5100).
HW: Denon AVR889, Sony KDL-46W5100, PS3 Slim, PopcornHour
What used to work: Prior to the Sony, I had a Panasonic plasma. The HDMI video was displaying fine from the PopcornHour plugged into the Denon.
Current setup: PS3 HDMI to Denon HDMI2, Denon HDMI out to Sony HDMI1. The Denon HDP input source is assigned to HDMI2, the rest are 'NONE'.
What I have tried:
- Connected PS3 directly to Sony HDMI - no problem.
- Followed the PS3 famous thread and set various video settings accordingly for the PS3.
- Connected PopcornHour via HDMI - no video. This used to work with the Panasonic fine. I only have 2 HDMI cable so it's either PS3 or Popcorn.
- Connected PS3 to Denon HDMI1, 2, 3,4. Each time assigned the appropriate HDMI input source - same problem.
- Reset the Denon processor. Follow batpig's guide. Same problem.
- Connected a 24" PC monitor (with HDMI / DVI adapter) - same problem. PS3 can display video with this monitor using same HDMI cable (with HDMI/DVI adapter).
I think it's something that I missed in the Denon and it could be a very simple solution. Only get to try this late at night when the kids are sleeping. Hope I don't have to send the Denon for service. Any help is much appreciated.