or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Pioneer Elite BDP-05FD & BDP-51FD Owners Thread / Vs 1.32 DTS-HD MA
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Pioneer Elite BDP-05FD & BDP-51FD Owners Thread / Vs 1.32 DTS-HD MA - Page 1023

post #30661 of 30708
The last time I posted here was 9-months ago. At that time, I was ready to lace up my boot and kick this thing to the moon. But, I upgraded the firmware, bought a new cleaning disc (the kind with the brushes) and dumped the cache again. For most discs it works fine, but some are just trouble. I can't recall any of my personal discs being a problem, it is always Netflix discs. But the latest one, Lawless, was brand new and did not even have a fingerprint on it. I nearly went Incredible Hulk on it, but did not. I went to my next Netflix disc, The Internship, and it played flawlessly. Now I know the problem is not always the Netflix disc. There is still something going on with this player. I proved that by taking a troublesome Netflix disc to our lake house and it played just fine on the $200 Sony BD player. I keep putting the Oppo in the cart and just can't pull the trigger. I think I'm going to buy a cheap BD player as a backup in case the 51 does not like what I put in. So that being said, does anyone have a $200 or less recommendation or should I just buy another low priced Sony? If I'm going to spend more than that, I'll just go ahead and get the Oppo.
post #30662 of 30708
The last time I posted here was 9-months ago. At that time, I was ready to lace up my boot and kick this thing to the moon. But, I upgraded the firmware, bought a new cleaning disc (the kind with the brushes) and dumped the cache again. For most discs it works fine, but some are just trouble. I can't recall any of my personal discs being a problem, it is always Netflix discs. But the latest one, Lawless, was brand new and did not even have a fingerprint on it. I nearly went Incredible Hulk on it, but did not. I went to my next Netflix disc, The Internship, and it played flawlessly. Now I know the problem is not always the Netflix disc. There is still something going on with this player. I proved that by taking a troublesome disc to our lake house and it played just fine on the $200 Sony BD player. I keep putting the Oppo in the cart and just can't pull the trigger. I think I'm going to buy a cheap BD player as a backup in case the 51 does not like what I put in. So that being said, does anyone have a $200 or less recommendation or should I just buy another low priced Sony? If I'm going to spend more than that, I'll just get the Oppo.
post #30663 of 30708
Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus View Post

The last time I posted here was 9-months ago. At that time, I was ready to lace up my boot and kick this thing to the moon. But, I upgraded the firmware, bought a new cleaning disc (the kind with the brushes) and dumped the cache again. For most discs it works fine, but some are just trouble. I can't recall any of my personal discs being a problem, it is always Netflix discs. But the latest one, Lawless, was brand new and did not even have a fingerprint on it. I nearly went Incredible Hulk on it, but did not. I went to my next Netflix disc, The Internship, and it played flawlessly. Now I know the problem is not always the Netflix disc. There is still something going on with this player. I proved that by taking a troublesome disc to our lake house and it played just fine on the $200 Sony BD player. I keep putting the Oppo in the cart and just can't pull the trigger. I think I'm going to buy a cheap BD player as a backup in case the 51 does not like what I put in. So that being said, does anyone have a $200 or less recommendation or should I just buy another low priced Sony? If I'm going to spend more than that, I'll just get the Oppo.

I can't see past Oppo these days, but there is a fairly decent and not so pricey Sony out there, they have had a wake up call and producing some half decent kit (I have their digital headphones which are really good) can't remember the player model but have a look here, these guys are really critical and I tend to trust them.
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/blu-ray-players/blu-ray-players-reviews.html it might help. Regards the 51 and 05 they are disc finicky and netflix discs may look perfect but are made to a different standard from what I have heard and can be problematic on some players. From what you say a manual lens clean may not be necessary but can improve matters there are instructions a few posts back. If it is working on all lasers, then despite it's slowness I would keep it and give it some loving care it is still a very good performer once it has loaded. Mines gone because the CD laser failed:mad: but still doing service elswhere on the latest update with no problems on BD and DVD
post #30664 of 30708
DanielJoseph -

I'm having the same problem you described. I get about halfway through a BluRay to about scene 11 and the player locks up. Did cleaning the lens help?

Thanks!
post #30665 of 30708
Well, goodbye ol' 51. I went Oppo (103D) after sending back every other Netflix disc half played. You were good for your time, certainly a good CD player (for which you'll be delegated to in the basement).

Five years; I guess that was a good ride.
post #30666 of 30708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan G. View Post

Well, goodbye ol' 51. I went Oppo (103D) after sending back every other Netflix disc half played. You were good for your time, certainly a good CD player (for which you'll be delegated to in the basement).

Five years; I guess that was a good ride.

Good call, don't reckon you will be disappointed, keeping the 51 for CD in another room is also a good move. Not a bad ride but should have been longer, many of my earlier Pioneer players were still working fine after 10 years and given away to others as I upgraded. I would expect the Oppos to last quite well, hope so I got two one a 95 now partnered with a Denon 4520 smile.gif and the good Pio AVR now doing excellent duties in the Den, the older Pio AVR has thrown a channel, again it should have lasted longer, its predecessor a Yammy 3030 is still working great with a mate.
post #30667 of 30708
Thanks for the encouragement, Rick. I have the Oppo hooked to an older Yamaha AVR (which I really like), as was the 51, specifically because of the analog ins and outs. I could swear the Oppo sounds better in this system, maybe because of its setup details.

Funny. In this day and age of really inexpensive Blu-Ray players, the Oppo cost as much as the 51, when first released. So, it didn't seem that much of a stretch.
post #30668 of 30708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan G. View Post

Thanks for the encouragement, Rick. I have the Oppo hooked to an older Yamaha AVR (which I really like), as was the 51, specifically because of the analog ins and outs. I could swear the Oppo sounds better in this system, maybe because of its setup details.

Funny. In this day and age of really inexpensive Blu-Ray players, the Oppo cost as much as the 51, when first released. So, it didn't seem that much of a stretch.

I had the 103 for a short while but would not play nicely with the TV, however what I can confirm, and mine was not the Darbee, is that I found it better on audio than the 05 not by much but just that little edge, wait till you hear what it sounds like in about a month. The Yammy will be a good partner and they are very well built, I nearly went for the new RX-A3030 but the Denon had a few little edges that I liked not the least the ability to drive 4 ohm which all my speakers are. So far still working my way through it, one helluva flexible beast but just getting to sound how I like it, not unlike the 05 and top end Pio AVR but somehow with more depth and atomosphere. Going away now to learn more and give it another hammering to get it bedded in.
post #30669 of 30708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan G. View Post

Well, goodbye ol' 51. I went Oppo (103D) after sending back every other Netflix disc half played. You were good for your time, certainly a good CD player (for which you'll be delegated to in the basement).

Five years; I guess that was a good ride.

Alan,

I just did the same thing. I'm about a week in with the Oppo 103D. Mine is paired with a Pio AVR (VSX-01). My 51 was in great shape, but I wanted something that could do streaming too (and an excuse to upgrade). Anybody interested in my 51, PM me.
post #30670 of 30708
Ejhuzi,

Congrats on picking the Oppo. Opinions differ, but I'm really liking the Darbee feature. And, of course, the idea that it plays all discs AND streams. I got the Roku stick with it.

My 51 was paired with a Pio Elite Kuro, both ordered just before release. Both because of advance word through AVS. So, I've followed this thread from day one. I certainly forgave the 51 for its slowness and the delayed DTS launch. But it's being finicky with disc condition got worse until I gave up.

Hope you love the Oppo. I do. See you over in that thread. Lots to learn!
post #30671 of 30708

I hva BDP-05FD US version 120 V  which need version 1.73  but this link to LX71 is for version 1.74. will this version work on BDP-05FD with 120v without a problem. pl advice 

thank you for the info  and link 

 

Vishwa

post #30672 of 30708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishwap View Post

I hva BDP-05FD US version 120 V  which need version 1.73  but this link to LX71 is for version 1.74. will this version work on BDP-05FD with 120v without a problem. pl advice 
thank you for the info  and link 

Vishwa

The BDP-LX71 is identical to the 05 but the European version and the firmwares are the same. But you can download the US version 1.74 here http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Blu-ray-Disc/Elite-Blu-ray-Disc-Players/BDP-05FD?tab=firmware
Don't know what your current version is but if fairly recent then this will load straight into the player (some people in the past with very early versions had to load an earlier version first like 1.3) the link will take you to the download page. Do download the update instructions as well as the firmware and make sure you follow them to the letter. You will need to put this to CD as a disc image so use Nero or ImgBurn if you are on XP for Windows 7 you can use either of those or a right click and select burn disc image using the windows burner. Use the controls on the front panel of the player, not the remote, and do not touch the player until it has switched itself off, then you can remove the disc, do not attempt to shut the tray switch the player back on and the tray will close itself, take a note of your personal settings and do a full factory reset to initialize the firmware properly. Follow the on screen instructions and then re do your personal settings, reboot the player job done. Both firmwares 1.73 and 1.74 are disc compatibility releases so you are better to load 1.74
Edited by Rick R - 12/17/13 at 7:27am
post #30673 of 30708
It is amazing that Pioneer continues supporting BDP - 51/05 FD players. I have two 51FD players purchased about five years ago at a discounted price. Both players are operational with a most recent software installed. I do not rent to many movies and if I do they are usually new releases in an excellent condition. I do have a library of over 300 Blu-ray disc titles which were all purchased as new. Couple of times my players could not load the disc properly or froze up during the playback. The problems were corrected either by rebooting or by factory reset. I did not have use any lens cleaners yet. Should I perform periodic lens cleaning as preventive maintenance? The picture and sound quality is amazing. I do realize that at one point I'll have to replace both players, most likely due to a blue laser or drive failure. What are my option? Many of you are purchasing Oppo as 51/05 replacement. I do realize that Oppo is manufacturing excellent players, however I would like to expend my search to more than just one brand. Can you please help by making some recommendation? My budget is in $1000.00 range. Thanks everyone for your support. Wish you all Happy New 2014.
post #30674 of 30708
Quote:
Originally Posted by djyonce View Post

DanielJoseph -

I'm having the same problem you described. I get about halfway through a BluRay to about scene 11 and the player locks up. Did cleaning the lens help?

Thanks!

It really seems to be a rental disc problem. My personal discs just don't freeze and not every BD from Netflix does either. But once one does freeze, I now just place it back into the envelope and return it. I'm in the midst of a small HT renovation and I will eventually just buy the Oppo.
post #30675 of 30708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padalec View Post

It is amazing that Pioneer continues supporting BDP - 51/05 FD players. I have two 51FD players purchased about five years ago at a discounted price. Both players are operational with a most recent software installed. I do not rent to many movies and if I do they are usually new releases in an excellent condition. I do have a library of over 300 Blu-ray disc titles which were all purchased as new. Couple of times my players could not load the disc properly or froze up during the playback. The problems were corrected either by rebooting or by factory reset. I did not have use any lens cleaners yet. Should I perform periodic lens cleaning as preventive maintenance? The picture and sound quality is amazing. I do realize that at one point I'll have to replace both players, most likely due to a blue laser or drive failure. What are my option? Many of you are purchasing Oppo as 51/05 replacement. I do realize that Oppo is manufacturing excellent players, however I would like to expend my search to more than just one brand. Can you please help by making some recommendation? My budget is in $1000.00 range. Thanks everyone for your support. Wish you all Happy New 2014.

 

Respectfully, I find it amazing that you and others find it amazing that Pioneer continues to issue firmware updates. :)  Pioneer, Sony, and others continue to update firmware for older machines than the BDP-05/51.  After all, you own one and it still works.  Why wouldn't it be updated as needed?  I can think of more reasons to continue support than to discontinue it.

 

I wise man once said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".  But that's something you have to decide and a lens cleaning every now and then wouldn't hurt.

 

People buy Oppo's because they're good, do most everything right, and have excellent customer support/service.  Oppo's repair costs are also reasonable in the rare instance you may need it.

 

There is really no need to spend  $1000.00 for a good blu-ray player today unless you're interested in just spending the extra money.

post #30676 of 30708
Quote:
Originally Posted by b curry View Post

Respectfully, I find it amazing that you and others find it amazing that Pioneer continues to issue firmware updates. smile.gif   Pioneer, Sony, and others continue to update firmware for older machines than the BDP-05/51.  After all, you own one and it still works.  Why wouldn't it be updated as needed?  I can think of more reasons to continue support than to discontinue it.

I wise man once said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".  But that's something you have to decide and a lens cleaning every now and then wouldn't hurt.

People buy Oppo's because they're good, do most everything right, and have excellent customer support/service.  Oppo's repair costs are also reasonable in the rare instance you may need it.

There is really no need to spend  $1000.00 for a good blu-ray player today unless you're interested in just spending the extra money.


The main reason people are surprised by the continued support is the simple fact that Pioneer is in the business to sell new equipment. I do really like mine a lot, but it is just too finicky and like you said, you don't have to spend $1k for a good player now.
post #30677 of 30708
Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus View Post


The main reason people are surprised by the continued support is the simple fact that Pioneer is in the business to sell new equipment. I do really like mine a lot, but it is just too finicky and like you said, you don't have to spend $1k for a good player now.

 

Well, of course they are as is every other CE manufacture.  However it's to the manufactures advantage, and just good business, to keep a working machine working with what is the state of the art consumer format.  I'm sure you would be thinking differently about buying a new Pioneer Blu-ray if you had the experience of having been abandoned by Pioneer or any other manufacture while owning a working machine for lack of a firmware update.

 

Pioneer has kept their first machine, the BDP-HD1 from 2007 updated as well.

 

I own a Sony BDP-S1 from 2006 and it is still supported by Sony.  By the way, the BDP-S1 will play disc's that my BDP-05 won't.

post #30678 of 30708
I've haven't posted in some time so I thought I would give an update. I have two BDP-05's, one of which is used a lot in the living room, the other is mostly a backup I keep in the rec room. Both still play just fine and are on the latest update, 1.74 I believe. The only problem I've had in recent memory is a new copy of Pacific Rim. And I blame packaging for this. Seems the movie disc is stacked right on top of the extras disc so is took some effort to separate them when getting the movie disc out of the case. This left smudges I didn't see, and caused a freeze about two thirds of the way into the film. I cleaned the disc and all was well. When I finished the movie, I put the discs in the case in different places to avoid this in the future. Last night played Star Trek into Darkness and it was perfect all the way through. Still happy with my players.
post #30679 of 30708
Hi B Curry, not every BD players manufacturer is updating their products. Below is a history of Panasonic DMP-BD10A firmware update. This particular player, which I still own and occasionally use is not supported since 2008. Some of us are complaining about loading times for Pioneer 51/05 FD players but it takes forever to load and play a movie on BD10A. Also, the player started having trouble reading and loading BD content on the recently released movies. It would be very nice if Panasonic released a firmware update for the player which in 2008 cost me almost $ 600.00. Therefore, I'm grateful that company like Pioneer, which doesn't manufacture BD players anymore is still taking care of their old customers like me. Additionally, after experiencing trouble with some of Panasonic products I'll not support that company with my future purchases. Thank you and Happy New Year to everyone.

DMP-BD10A Firmware Download
Update Information
Model Number DMP-BD10A
Update Version Ver 2.5
Update File Name / Size

UPDATE_BD10PP_V25.exe/ 22,819,887 bytes (North America)
UPDATE_BD10EG_V25.exe/ 23,128,691 bytes (Europe/UK)
UPDATE_BD10GN_V25.exe/ 23,128,647 bytes (Oceania)

Update Date 2008/8/5
Improvement
Date/Version Description
2008/8/5
Ver 2.5

Playability and stability

2007/10/10
Ver 2.4

Playability and Stability for Blu-ray Disc™s and DVD disc

2007/8/28
Ver 2.3

Playability and stability

2007/6/19
Ver 2.2

Playability and stability
DTS-HD Playback Enhanced

2007/5/31
Ver 2.1

Playability and stability
post #30680 of 30708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick R View Post

I would not write off HDMI 1 without trying it, I think you might be pleasantly surprised. As for audio high end couple of years back I went to a Pioneer seminar where all the top European engineers and others were there and we tried the with and without PQLS on a top end Pio AVR, I was not surprised to find on blind listening no one could tell the difference including the Pio reps and engineers. The 103 is very detailed and again I don't think you will be disappointed. From your comments though I think you should try and get a demo. I will be very interested to know how you get on, bear in mind I personally and others have found (some others claim it to be hype) that over approximately the first month of use the Oppos seem to improve particularly on the audio side. That is why I am suggesting, if you can, to get a demo with a machine that has already had some use then you will know what to expect for the future if you go that way.

I think you should have a read of this, one of the few reviewing bodies I have learned to trust
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/blu-ray-players/blu-ray-players-reviews/oppo-bdp-103-blu-ray-player/all-pages.html

I really appreciate the link to the review as I'll be reading that. I think I've decided to "upgrade" to the BDP-103, though probably not till sometime this summer. In the meantime I will say, I looked at some comparison images between HDMI 1 and 2. I have to say only in only one sample did I think the image looked better. Otherwise, most if not all the images from the HDMI 1 looked sort of processed that made the image look unnatural to me. I say this because I worked in a studio for five years touching up images and got used to what looks natural and what does not look natural. In a few cases where the image looked "better" from the HDMI 1 output, there was something "processed" looking about it when directly compared to the HDMI 2 output.

Thanks for the advise!
post #30681 of 30708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebarnman View Post

I really appreciate the link to the review as I'll be reading that. I think I've decided to "upgrade" to the BDP-103, though probably not till sometime this summer. In the meantime I will say, I looked at some comparison images between HDMI 1 and 2. I have to say only in only one sample did I think the image looked better. Otherwise, most if not all the images from the HDMI 1 looked sort of processed that made the image look unnatural to me. I say this because I worked in a studio for five years touching up images and got used to what looks natural and what does not look natural. In a few cases where the image looked "better" from the HDMI 1 output, there was something "processed" looking about it when directly compared to the HDMI 2 output.

Thanks for the advise!
You are welcome, its a good review but not quite so detailed as the one for the 93 if I remember correctly. I do a fair bit of photography including some astrophotography, not the same as moving images of course but I can usually spot where images have been enhanced or changed. I carried out calibrations of both my TV's here with the 93 and 95 and Spears & Munsil and checked the calibrations through HDMI 2 that goes through the AVR in each case, to be honest I didn't notice any differences, nothing apparently 'processed' anyway on the test patterns and movie clips between HDMI 1 and 2 (both at default settings) but I could tell when the 05 was in the chain, although that is also very close when the professional setting is used. I also ran the calibration disc on the 103 because I thought I would be keeping it just to check and got exactly the same results, not perfect I know but without expensive test equipment the closest I am going to get. The only reason I used the 93 initially as the calibration source was because of the above review where they used sophisticated testing to show how close to the standards the Oppos are when set to 'default' and for me provides a decent reference with a few additional items to calibrate the TV, this actually demonstrated to me how good the 05 is (now with my pal) when used in professional mode on a reasonably well set up TV. But as you have worked in a studio it is certain there are things you are aware of that I would not be and of course the option is there on the Oppo to choose which you prefer and that option is now available on some other manufacturers more recent products so you are not limited to Oppo (I think Pio have just released such a model smile.gif ) Yep the Pioneer BDP-62FD is reviewed on the same site as the Oppo much earlier this year than I thought, there are also a couple of Sony models the BDP-S790 and the cheaper BDP-S5100
Edited by Rick R - 12/29/13 at 4:46am
post #30682 of 30708
Is the BDP-05FD player still a good player or is it outdated with all the latest bluray movies?

I know the loading time for bluray movies are very slow but can the BDP-05FD play all the latest release bluray movies?

I am thinking of getting the BDP-05FD to match with my Pioneer Elite SC-07.
post #30683 of 30708
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaraydesign View Post

Is the BDP-05FD player still a good player or is it outdated with all the latest bluray movies?

I know the loading time for bluray movies are very slow but can the BDP-05FD play all the latest release bluray movies?

I am thinking of getting the BDP-05FD to match with my Pioneer Elite SC-07.

I would be interested in this question I bought a new one a few years ago opened up made sure it worked package it all back up haven't used since how can I get the latest update.
Thanks
post #30684 of 30708
There was a new firmware update just a few months ago, demonstrating continued support by Pioneer.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1054927/official-pioneer-elite-bdp-05fd-bdp-51fd-owners-thread-vs-1-32-dts-hd-ma/30600#post_23817860
post #30685 of 30708
The BDP-05 is still a viable player but it is somewhat obsolete. It takes a long time to load discs compared to current models, sometimes three minutes or so. The remote control functions is a bit finicky. You have to press twice to skip chapters as it does not respond to the first press...

The big issue is reliability. Many users are reporting their drives failing. Unfortunately, the Pioneers are not replaceable by the user as the drive serial numbers have to be flashed into the firmware. The second issue is that Pioneer has been out of stock on some of the drives (the players used two different drive models). Finally the fact that the drives are quite expensive, more than the cost of buying a used player (I bought one for $100).

If you are contemplating buying a Pioneer, the BDP-09 is a better model. It still is expensive (going price used is about $500, was $2000 new) and slow, but the remote is not a finicky.

Newer players have internet capabilities such as VUDU, Hulu plus or Netflix which is kind of cool. I really recommend Oppo for overall quality, but any new Sony, Sam Sung or Panasonic will perform pretty good.
Edited by Jon S - 1/14/14 at 10:07am
post #30686 of 30708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S View Post

The BDP-05 is still a viable player but it is somewhat obsolete. It takes a long time to load discs compared to current models, sometimes three minutes or so. The remote control functions is a bit finicky. You have to press twice to skip chapters as it does not respond to the first press...

The big issue is reliability. Many users are reporting their drives failing. Unfortunately, the Pioneers are not replaceable by the user as the drive serial numbers have to be flashed into the firmware. The second issue is that Pioneer has been out of stock on some of the drives (the players used two different drive models). Also the fact that the drives are quite expensive, more than the cost of buying a used player.

If you are contemplating buying a Pioneer, the BDP-09 is a better model. It still is expensive and slow, but the remote is not a finicky.

I've never heard of the "finicky" remote before. I've never had any trouble myself. But I do run it with a MX-6000 - MRF400 combo.

It takes a long time to load? True. We just make popcorn and pour wine. Make proper use of your time! smile.gif

But the support thing. Would I buy one of these now? Probably not. They are getting old and combine that with the replacement drive problems... probably not.
post #30687 of 30708
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post

I've never heard of the "finicky" remote before. I've never had any trouble myself. But I do run it with a MX-6000 - MRF400 combo.

It takes a long time to load? True. We just make popcorn and pour wine. Make proper use of your time! smile.gif

But the support thing. Would I buy one of these now? Probably not. They are getting old and combine that with the replacement drive problems... probably not.

I agree the only time I have found two button presses required is when the screen saver has come on, one push to close the screen saver and one for the next function. Slow yes drive unreliability and expensive to replace yes other than that still plays all the latest stuff with good PQ and AQ there are still lots of them out there that get used a lot and are still working just depends I guess who made and when the drive was manufactured. Regarding an earlier post, as far as I know and according to the tech manual there is only one drive which is an IDE drive there were some rumours of a sata drive but I have never seen any evidence of it and yes the drives are in short supply if available at all. Support, yes if Europe is anything to go by, it leaves a lot to be desired.
post #30688 of 30708
I had two BFD-51s... They had different drives... When you open the tray, the cutouts in the drive trays were different...
post #30689 of 30708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S View Post

I had two BFD-51s... They had different drives... When you open the tray, the cutouts in the drive trays were different...

Interesting, I do remember an AVS member (from Brazil I think) asking people to check the cutouts in the tray but never really saw any feedback on that. I think the reason was to determine how many might have SATA drives again I never saw any evidence of that either.

Are the drives totally different do you know or is it just the tray? I guess you would have to pop the lids to find out (if you havn't already done so) and you may not be willing to do that, but if one is IDE and the other SATA this should be immediately obvious. There is definitely no mention in the tech manual of different drives and only one part number, but then my tech manual might be quite old smile.gif. If one is SATA then theoretically the load and response times should be faster.
post #30690 of 30708
I did not take the players apart so I do not know if one was a SATA drive... Both players had the same response/load times so it did not make a difference at all. it could be that both drives were IDE and one was an updated model, I don't know...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Pioneer Elite BDP-05FD & BDP-51FD Owners Thread / Vs 1.32 DTS-HD MA