or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Hauppauge HDPVR-1212 Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hauppauge HDPVR-1212 Owner's Thread - Page 14

post #391 of 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by bretski View Post

Thanks, I saw those menus. However, they are within TMT. That's my problem. TMT that ships with the PVR won't even launch, so I can't get to that menu. Updating to the newer rev allows TMT to launch, but crashes the capture module within TME. See my dilemma?

I'm thoroughly frustrated with Vista64, and am blowing away the partition as I type this. Installing XP and Vista32 as a dual-boot. Hopefully at least one of these will run the DVR properly...

You're right. I've been using Vista64 for almost 2 years now, and everything worked perfectly fine - until I bought the HD PVR.

And I'm definetly not sure that x86 works better outside of this, but it at least allows you to use either TMT or rctvcap.
post #392 of 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcb View Post

The recent software update would not work for me. I had to uninstall everything, then reinstall the 1.1 driver, and the "old" version of TME. Works fine now.

That's pretty much my experience, as well. In my case, however, the downloaded 1.1 driver also crashed. Using the shipped driver, I could get a capture, but only with 2.0 audio. I also would get stutters at random times. Not what I'm looking for...I'm trying to archive the contents of my DVR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico66 View Post

You're right. I've been using Vista64 for almost 2 years now, and everything worked perfectly fine - until I bought the HD PVR.

And I'm definetly not sure that x86 works better outside of this, but it at least allows you to use either TMT or rctvcap.

*Nod*

This is the first major problem I've had with Vista64...and it's a deal-killer for me at the moment. I went ahead and installed XPsp3, and have the 1.1 drivers and updated TME working. A quick test capture of 1080i and 480i material showed no stuttering...yet. 5.1 audio is also indicated, which wouldn't work for me previously (on Vista64).

A little later tonight, I'll try capturing a full-length 720p episode, and see how that goes.

I'll have to try rcTVCap soon...
post #393 of 3814
I see the terminally buggy tme update has been removed from the Hauppauge download site.
post #394 of 3814
Firstly, we have uploaded the patch named "CaptureModule.zip" to the following FTP address:

ftp://guest:Gs!z4@hz-ftp.arcsoft.com...tureModule.zip

please click and download it and unzip it.
Secondly, replace the files under the path:

c:\\Program Files\\ArcSoft\\TotalMedia Extreme\\TotalMedia Studio MV

with the unzipped files. Then try again the program.
Thank you again for your interests in our product. If any other problem occurs, please contact us freely.

Regards,
ArcSoft Support
post #395 of 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhnj View Post

Firstly, we have uploaded the patch named "CaptureModule.zip" to the following FTP address:

ftp://guest:Gs!z4@hz-ftp.arcsoft.com...tureModule.zip

please click and download it and unzip it.
Secondly, replace the files under the path:

c:\\Program Files\\ArcSoft\\TotalMedia Extreme\\TotalMedia Studio MV

with the unzipped files. Then try again the program.
Thank you again for your interests in our product. If any other problem occurs, please contact us freely.

Regards,
ArcSoft Support

Great. Everything was working using the 1.1 driver and the original TME, until I tried this update. Now when I try install the patch I get"Magappframework.dll not found; and of course nothing works.
Thanks Arcsoft. Glad your software was free with the Hauppauge unit because I sure would not pay for it.
post #396 of 3814
I`m about to leave the house and have this beast setup for my 1st recording using BeyondTV. Does the 1212 need to be left on or will the program wake it up and turn it on?
post #397 of 3814
I am pretty sure this is a patch for the 2.0 and most likely will not work with 1.0 or 1.1


Quote:
Originally Posted by fcb View Post

Great. Everything was working using the 1.1 driver and the original TME, until I tried this update. Now when I try install the patch I get"Magappframework.dll not found; and of course nothing works.
Thanks Arcsoft. Glad your software was free with the Hauppauge unit because I sure would not pay for it.
post #398 of 3814
I have never had mine come ON by software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipse View Post

I`m about to leave the house and have this beast setup for my 1st recording using BeyondTV. Does the 1212 need to be left on or will the program wake it up and turn it on?
post #399 of 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarth View Post

I am pretty sure this is a patch for the 2.0 and most likely will not work with 1.0 or 1.1

The 2.0 driver as been replaced with the 1.1 driver on the Hauppauge site, so I can't get it back.
So now Hauppauge has to fix he 2.0 driver and repost it for any of this to work?
post #400 of 3814
1.You have to uninstall the Arcsoft TME.
2. Install the TME from CD that came with the Hauppauge HD PVR.
3. Install TME upgrade version 1.0.9.5
4. Install Hauppauge 1.1 Drivers
5. Install the new Capture Module in directory TotalMedia Studio MV
With above procedure the Hauppauge & Arcsoft software/hardware
works perfectly for me and others. See the link below
http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_p...?TID=1253&PN=2
post #401 of 3814
dhnj....

the previous capture module (CD version) had the very pleasant side-effect of discovering the other BDA capture sources in my system:
2 HD-HomeRuns
Saber 2020 dual tuner

as well as the HDPVR.... VERY handy and cool.... this newest setup only see's the HDPVR.... is this because it is a "beta" module? Will the previous ability to see the other devices come back in a "released" version ??

post #402 of 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhnj View Post

1.You have to uninstall the Arcsoft TME.
2. Install the TME from CD that came with the Hauppauge HD PVR.
3. Install TME upgrade version 1.0.9.5
4. Install Hauppauge 1.1 Drivers
5. Install the new Capture Module in directory TotalMedia Studio MV
With above procedure the Hauppauge & Arcsoft software/hardware
works perfectly for me and others. See the link below
http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_p...?TID=1253&PN=2

Followed your instructions to the letter and still get the same message.
Thanks anyway.
post #403 of 3814
Hauppauge just released new drivers.

Link

I aint gonna be a test subject.
Does anybody else want to try?
post #404 of 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apap View Post

Hauppauge just released new drivers.

Link

I aint gonna be a test subject.
Does anybody else want to try?

1.053???? They're going backwards? That can't be good...
post #405 of 3814
They also removed the TME update from the download site. No explaination for the driver going from v2 to v1.1 and now to an even earlier version. I am not sure what to make of all. I will stay with what I have already installed. v1.1 for the driver and v1.0.9.5 for TME with the capture module update.
post #406 of 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by ats65 View Post

They also removed the TME update from the download site. No explaination for the driver going from v2 to v1.1 and now to an even earlier version. I am not sure what to make of all. I will stay with what I have already installed. v1.1 for the driver and v1.0.9.5 for TME with the capture module update.

Don't know the exact relationship but I tried to install the new driver and now my unit is dead.
post #407 of 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by ats65 View Post

They also removed the TME update from the download site. No explaination for the driver going from v2 to v1.1 and now to an even earlier version. I am not sure what to make of all. I will stay with what I have already installed. v1.1 for the driver and v1.0.9.5 for TME with the capture module update.

on my original C1 (with fan and vents added by me) the TME update (and capture module) causes lockups seconds into the capture.... the CD version of TME with the 1.1 driver works great for me...

post #408 of 3814
I also experienced locked up problem with the optical input. So I fell back to the 1.1 driver and the CD version of the TME. However, I am not sure if it was because of the optical connection. I found out if the optical connection is not perfect, the sound would go in an out during recording and eventually locked up. I will stay with this until Hauppauge sorted out the problem.
post #409 of 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by ats65 View Post

I also experienced locked up problem with the optical input. So I fell back to the 1.1 driver and the CD version of the TME. However, I am not sure if it was because of the optical connection. I found out if the optical connection is not perfect, the sound would go in an out during recording and eventually locked up. I will stay with this until Hauppauge sorted out the problem.

What is the deal with optical connection not perfect? How many ways can these things go wrong? I've never had problems with optical connections before, I do experience audio drop outs from my Directv DVR, I'm pretty sure it's the Directv that is at fault, but after reading all the various optical problems, I'm beginning to wonder. I only have the optical into the Hauppauge unit and don't have a pass through, so I have no way of telling if there is an actual audio drop out, or if it's just the HDPVR doing it? I don't notice any problems with the analog when I have these momentary dropouts.

My hookup is like so:
Code:
+-----------+  Optical
|Directv    +--------------> to Optical In on HDPVR
|           |  Analog
|           +--------------> to Television  
+-----------+
post #410 of 3814
I was just about ready to order one of these devices until I started reading about all the driver/audio/software issues. They make think it would be prudent to wait until the major issues have been sorted out. All I really want to do is to use the device for capture from my Dish 622, so I can archive some of the shows I didn't get on my Nextcom R5000 or MyHD.

Is there anyone out there getting consistently good captures (with 5.1 sound via S/PDIF) from a Dish box such as the 622/722? I can wait for the software to mature, but I'd be disappointed to get the device and not be able to use it to capture in this basic way.
post #411 of 3814
I get consistently good captures when I'm not having hardware problems with my PC. I haven't had many problems with the HD-PVR that didn't start with a PC issue first. Captures pretty much work fine. Playback issues caused by display driver problems are a headache and those playback issues cause lockups, crashes and in turn lock the HD-PVR.

My understanding is that Nvidia cards are much less problematic than ATI cards.
post #412 of 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwbear View Post

I get consistently good captures when I'm not having hardware problems with my PC. I haven't had many problems with the HD-PVR that didn't start with a PC issue first. Captures pretty much work fine. Playback issues caused by display driver problems are a headache and those playback issues cause lockups, crashes and in turn lock the HD-PVR.

My understanding is that Nvidia cards are much less problematic than ATI cards.

I've got an ATI HD3450 card and don't think I've ever had any playback issues at all. I get good captures, I have the occasional audio dropout(that's what I think it is), but they are so short that's it's really not even noticeable on playback. As far as playing back the original recorded file, I haven't had any problems at all. I have a few issues with audio sync if I try to reencode the recording, but that's a completely different story and I've not had any sync issues with the recordings straight from the HDPVR.
post #413 of 3814
Thanks for the responses, guys. I downloaded the 80MG snowy fly-over sample capture, and it plays beautifully on my system. I have no need for additional codecs or hardware. I'm using a Radeon 4850, Intel 2.66GHZ quadcore, and PowerDVD 8 Ultra with Vista 32bit. Blu-ray, HD DVD, HD MPEGs, ts - it all plays back cleanly, with HD sound through HDMI.

It'll be worth it to me to get these programs off my 622. For some of them, there's just no other way to do it that's affordable.
post #414 of 3814
I found out it is best to use a lighter as opposite to a heavier optical cable for connection to the HDPVR. The weight of the cable may lift the cable off center which causes the connector to slightly tilted upwards and causes the audio to go in and out even while not capturing in capture mode. It may even lock up the TME application. I also found the same issue with the IR remote connection. I could never get the remote to work with my cable box until I pushed the connector really hard into the unit. If you are having problem with capturing using the optical input, it may be worthwhile to try a lighter duty optical cable or fiddle with the optical connector while in capture mode but not capturing to see if the audio problem goes away. So far I have captured more than 5 2-hr movies from cable box without any audio sync or stuttering.
post #415 of 3814
Posted this in another topic just now but I'm just looking for help.... sorry.

-----
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I got the HD PVR yesterday, and I've been trying to get it to work but I haven't gotten as far as most (recording 5 mins then stopping, etc)

I'm still stuck on:

1. Being able to install drivers and update them (check)
2. Installing the software and the PVR being recognized by TME (check)
3. The capture device disconnecting everytime I plugin an input? (check)

That is my problem, everything seems fine until I actually connect something into the "IN" part on the back or front. Then it disconnects (from being able to recognize it) and suddenly it's as if it isn't connected by USB anymore.

Also, whenever I plug in the USB with something in the Input I get vertical lines that slowly move up the screen over and over, it does this on the television as well.

What could this be?
post #416 of 3814
I currently have in my possession (2) RevC2 units and (2) RevE1 units...I keep (2) connected to the PC.

With the RevE1 units being used, recording failures are extreamely common. The HDPVR will frequently stop/start/record-for-a-while/stop/start/record...
After a while they stop working altogether until the PC is rebooted (turning the HDPVR off/on doesn't always solve it).
For me, the RevE1 tuners are completely unreliable.

With the RevC2 units being used, this does not occur. The RevC2 HDPVR s are, for the most part) reliable (and loud due to the fan).

Driver 1.0.5.1 being used in both cases.

Is anyone else having similar issues with the RevE1 units?
post #417 of 3814
Is Newegg shipping the latest version of these boxes now? Has anyone ordered one from them lately? That's my shop of choice for just about everything if I can find it there.
post #418 of 3814
I would like to buy this product to record my Socom Confrontation gameplay off my PS3 in HD while I play on ym plasma.

Here is my dilemma. I have My ps3 running to my denon reciever via HDMI so I can get uncompressed multi channel audio. I understand that I can only retain the Lossless audio is keep the HDMI connection between my PS3 and reciever.

I want to use this product to record but I see it will only work through component. If I set it up in the following manner, can I keep my lossless audio while playing my games and or watching my movies(not HD movies of course) while recording using the HDPVR.

PS3 to HDMI cable to Denon reciever to HDMI cable(HDMI out) to HDMI cable to HDMI to component converter to component cable to HDPVR to component cable to Plasmam panel.

In theory I dont see why this wouldnt work, but Im sure someone in here will know better then I do.

If this will work fine does anybody have a good recommendation for a HDMI to component converter?

Thank you so much in advance.
post #419 of 3814
I posted this in the other thread but it didn't get any responses so I thought I would try here:

Is anyone using this with BeyondTV? I downloaded the trial last night and like the layout, only problem is it won't control the HD PVR. I've run blastcfg and the unit responds to the commands, but when I load beyondtv and go to change channels, nothing happens. Is there a trick to getting this to work?
post #420 of 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAVI View Post

Also, whenever I plug in the USB with something in the Input I get vertical lines that slowly move up the screen over and over, it does this on the television as well.

What could this be?

Possibly a ground loop problem which are hard to diagnose and fix by any other means than simply trying different AC power outlets for all your devices. If at all possible see if you can connect any and all devices that communicate with each other through any kind of wire (RCA, cable/sat box coaxial RF signal, USB etc) all to the same power strip. [piggy backing one to another if you need more outlets is OK, the pertinent thing is that only one AC outlet plug position on your wall provides the power for all devices]

This would mean the power cords of:
your computer, USB hub, HD PVR, TV display, sat/cable box, stereo system if connected, printer etc. Basically if any one device gets its power from an alternate AC outlet in your room you can potentially have ground loops. Good luck.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Hauppauge HDPVR-1212 Owner's Thread