- I plug in the factory mic and the screen says "Auto Set
- Then I press the "<" button on the remote but nothing happens.
- For that matter, nothing happens after pressing any of the Arrow or Enter buttons on either side of the remote, or rotating or pressing the <> knob on the 1708.
- The "<" button on the remote works fine in manual setup.
- If Front speakers are set to "Small", they give no sound at all. They work fine if set to "Large".
- Surround speakers give no sound on Small or Large settings, for any Surround mode.
- Subwoofer Pre-Out doesn't work on any setting or surround mode, even if all other speakers are set to "Small", and Sub is set to "Yes", for any SW Mode or Crossover Hz, or "2ch Direct/Stereo Custom" setting. (It does emit an extremely faint signal from the input source but it doesn't scale with volume--measures less than 2 mVac. Also, the Sub Pre-Out jack works fine if a signal is piped directly into the Ext-In SW jack.)
- No test tones are emitted for either the "Auto" or "Manual" methods. This might be related to the Auto Setup problem above, since test tones would have followed "<".
- None of the Surround speakers work in any mode.
- Front Speakers only work if in the "Stereo" and "Direct" modes.
A&B Speaker Buttons/Lights:
Microprocessor Reset procedure:
Done numerous times but no affect on any of the above problems. It does reset the settings to factory defaults, and Speakers to A.
I've independently checked the surround speakers and subwoofer and they work fine.
So it basically functions only as a 2.0 stereo receiver. Internally, it seems like the problem is in the interface between the microprocessor and output circuits.
- Has anyone experienced similar problems/solution?
- Is there a "deeper" reset procedure, perhaps by opening up the unit? (Um, short of replacing all the boards, or throwing off a nearby cliff )