Originally Posted by changabanga
I am trying to connect both my Wii and Xbox into the receiver but I am having a particular hard time getting my Xbox video to work. I can get the sound through with an audio optical wire.
I am connecting my Xbox to the receiver using component cables. My Xbox is older and does not support HDMI. However, when connected, video only works when I turn the switch on the Xbox wire to SD, but when I turn it to HD, no video signal goes through. Does this just not work with the receiver? I currently have video going directly into the tv, and audio going to the receiver, but ideally I'd rather have it all go through the receiver.
Hi Dave, some questions:
- What other device is connected to receiver and how?
- Is receiver video output by HDMI or Component?
- Is the Wii using orignal cables (composite & RCA audio) or component cables w/RCA audio cables?
- Did you assign the Component Video Input?
- If Wii is connected with component cables, is it getting video?
If video out is HDMI connection try changing HDMI Output Resolution Options (Through, Auto, 720p, 1080i)