Originally Posted by Macfan424
I believe Pioneer's new "Optimum Surround" mode does something similar in non-THX modes, but it only became available in the SC-25/27 series.
Yesterday, I swapped my SC-07 and BDP-05FD for a SC-27 and BDP-23FD. Here are some tips and remarks:
1) Tip: When using the 23FD with the SC-07, for the HDMI connection, you have to select "High Speed Transmission" OFF in the 23FD, otherwise you get "NOT SUPPORT" on the SC-07 display. Took me a while to figure that one out, since my 05FD was set on high speed ON.
2) About the "Optimum Surround": The first thing I noticed when switching from Optimum surround to another mode (like stream direct) is the much higer level of background hiss in optimum surround!!! That's one mode I don't think I'll be using much....
3) New features in SC-27 (don't remember if they're noted in the SC-0x/SC-2x differences info):
- You can set the power-on volume level ("Last", or any specific level)
- You can set a maximum power level (None, -20db, -10db, 0db)
That's all for now, got to go setup the SC-07 and BDP-05 at my mother's house...