or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Confused between Samsung 81 series and Samsung A750!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Confused between Samsung 81 series and Samsung A750!

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Hi all,

I am a new member to the forum and have been really impressed with all the posts. It has all been very helpful.

I am on the market for a 40" LCD TV and have narrowed it down between the Samsung 81 series with the LED backlight and the new Samsung A750.

I am terribly confused between the two. The picture looks equally stunning in both, although the 81 seems to have better contrast ratio and black levels. My only problem with the 81 though is Samsung is phasing it out, so not sure if I should buy a TV that's not going to be available soon. Also, the 750 has some pretty neat features like being able to get connected to the internet and the DLNA streaming capability.

Price is the same for both sets..

Any thoughts / suggestions?

Thanks!
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhara View Post

Hi all,

I am a new member to the forum and have been really impressed with all the posts. It has all been very helpful.

I am on the market for a 40" LCD TV and have narrowed it down between the Samsung 81 series with the LED backlight and the new Samsung A750.

I am terribly confused between the two. The picture looks equally stunning in both, although the 81 seems to have better contrast ratio and black levels. My only problem with the 81 though is Samsung is phasing it out, so not sure if I should buy a TV that's not going to be available soon. Also, the 750 has some pretty neat features like being able to get connected to the internet and the DLNA streaming capability.

Price is the same for both sets..

Any thoughts / suggestions?

Thanks!

Buy it, you will get a great TV at a Bargain. It's been a Solid TV for a year now.

BBY were selling 40" at $1499 last week and 46" at 2199
post #3 of 10
If you want 120Hz, go for the 750.
If you want better black levels, go for the 81.
post #4 of 10
i recall that the details in dark areas on the 750 were better than the 81. that's just after staring at them at bb for about 30minutes between 2 sets that were 20 feet apart.

the 750 seemed to produce a more punchier and clearer picture.
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhara View Post

Hi all,

I am a new member to the forum and have been really impressed with all the posts. It has all been very helpful.

I am on the market for a 40" LCD TV and have narrowed it down between the Samsung 81 series with the LED backlight and the new Samsung A750.

I am terribly confused between the two. The picture looks equally stunning in both, although the 81 seems to have better contrast ratio and black levels. My only problem with the 81 though is Samsung is phasing it out, so not sure if I should buy a TV that's not going to be available soon. Also, the 750 has some pretty neat features like being able to get connected to the internet and the DLNA streaming capability.

Price is the same for both sets..

Any thoughts / suggestions?

Thanks!

I have both tv's in the 52 inch size. I can't tell any difference in the picture besides the 81 have SLIGHTLY better black levels. The 81 is better looking tv IMO as far how it looks when it's off. I also like the swivel base which my 750 doesn't have. Can't really go wrong with either set IMO. I bet that didn't help at all. LOL
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResOGlas View Post

If you want 120Hz, go for the 750.
If you want better black levels, go for the 81.

As far as motion resolution goes, 81 measured higher than sets with 120Hz due to LED Motion Plus (backlight scanning) in 81. Because of this, I would choose 81 but 750 looks very good. I'm especially impressed by 750's viewing angle.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by berthman View Post

Buy it, you will get a great TV at a Bargain. It's been a Solid TV for a year now.

BBY were selling 40" at $1499 last week and 46" at 2199

I picked one up today ( Sam "4081" ) for $1299.00 w/ an extended warranty for $199.99 ! ! !

Note: I was too trying to decide which model to get until the SM at BB gave me a Military discount on the Sam "4081" which was less...
post #8 of 10
I bought the 4081 and brought it home for 1149 at bb last week and I returned it before opening for a 4681 for 1499.

I tried to help some members out and made a post about it,I got a few haters but overall people thought it was a great deal.

bb has the 40 for 1800 and 46 for 2300 now.Its still a mystery to me on why they dropped it so much for just 2 days.
post #9 of 10
IMO, the 750 is the superior panel. The only time you get those deep deep blacks is when smart lighting is engaged, which crushes blacks. The 750 has even better color accuracy post calibration, with better off axis viewing angles.
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by grkm3 View Post

I bought the 4081 and brought it home for 1149 at bb last week and I returned it before opening for a 4681 for 1499.

I tried to help some members out and made a post about it,I got a few haters but overall people thought it was a great deal.

bb has the 40 for 1800 and 46 for 2300 now.Its still a mystery to me on why they dropped it so much for just 2 days.

It was actually a Sunday to Saturday special.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Confused between Samsung 81 series and Samsung A750!