or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › "Official" RX-V1900/RX-V3900 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Official" RX-V1900/RX-V3900 Thread - Page 6

post #151 of 6030
It looks like that site took info from V3800 on Yamaha site and put it on theirs...since they read exactly the same (from Yamaha site/V3800: ABT
Anchor Bay Technologies' ABT1010 scaler engine that can independently scale an image horizontally and vertically to further improve the picture quality on high resolution displays (to 1080i/720p with HDMI output). )
post #152 of 6030
As the 3900 slips out another couple of weeks, is anybody rethinking Z7 vs. 3900?

Four zones
Fifth HDMI input, on front
Second USB, on rear
38 vs 22 surround programs on the 1900/3900
Multi-Point YPAO w/Angle
Component video on zone2
Additional video processing options
"Z" series claimed improvements in component and structure quality

An additional $800. We still don't know some of the details like BTB clipping. (Of course we don't yet know some of these answers definitively for the 3900 either.)

For half the price difference, I think I'd do it. At the $700 or so I think I'd end up spending to get the Z7 out the door, it seems tougher without a hard requirement for any of these features.

Maybe I've just had too much time to overthink this kind of stuff while waiting for the 3900 to arrive.
post #153 of 6030
Thread Starter 
I can barely afford the 3900 If I was rich, I would consider the Z7. But where the 3900 looks like a monster in it's price point (as the 2700 also was IMHO,) the Z7 is less clear.

Of course, if you have the money, and nothing else looks good in the Z7's price range, it looks like a nice unit. I wonder if Yamaha considered the ISF tag like a few other receivers have for the Z7. It might be just as capable with it's video adjustments (I have not read the manual, though.)
post #154 of 6030
I need to upgrade. Help choose between the RX-V3900, Denon 4308Ci and Integra DTR-9.9. Or some other receiver under 2k with all the new audio formats and video upconversion.
post #155 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by penjwa View Post

I need to upgrade. Help choose between the RX-V3900, Denon 4308Ci and Integra DTR-9.9. Or some other receiver under 2k with all the new audio formats and video upconversion.

Personally I think it's a bit too soon to choose, because only the Denon is a known quantity. Also the 4308 is a notch above the others in price and features. The Denon 3808 is more comparable to the Yamaha (not sure about the Integra).
post #156 of 6030
Thread Starter 
I do have this receiver on order and will post my evalations to this thread once I get it. I will evaluate BTB, OSD over HDMI, HD Radio, internet radio, video processing (at least HDMI video processing from my XBox and PS3), and audio streaming (if I can make it work with a macbook) and other maybe some other features.

I won't evaluate YPAO as that's subjective. I will likely try out it's multi position feature though.

I won't evaluate zones or dual HDMI out.

(I am crossing my fingers on this deal because I did it over the phone to a dealer in WV. That's no way to do business, but I could not turn down the price.)
post #157 of 6030
For Canadians interested in these receivers... November 1st for the 3900.
http://marketnews.ca/news_detail.asp?nid=4145
I made the inquiry whether pricing was CDN or USD and it's CDN in the article, which puts it on par with the US pricing. I was concerned that it would be over $2k.
Warranty at 4 years - I find this astounding.
post #158 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post

I do have this receiver on order and will post my evalations to this thread once I get it. I will evaluate BTB, OSD over HDMI, HD Radio, internet radio, video processing (at least HDMI video processing from my XBox and PS3), and audio streaming (if I can make it work with a macbook) and other maybe some other features.

I won't evaluate YPAO as that's subjective. I will likely try out it's multi position feature though.

I won't evaluate zones or dual HDMI out.

(I am crossing my fingers on this deal because I did it over the phone to a dealer in WV. That's no way to do business, but I could not turn down the price.)

I went local over that deal.

It looks as though we're going after the same things being connected to the device - 360/PS3 - I am also looking forward to the streaming audio and such. So, once we finally get it...a few of us can provide some overall thoughts.
post #159 of 6030
post #160 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakenergy View Post

ABT 2010 as per this link

http://www.productwiki.com/yamaha-rx-v3900/

That kind of site is only useful if a lot of people register votes. Right now there are several mistakes for the RX-V3900.
post #161 of 6030
Thread Starter 
I assume the 2010 came from the fact that I, and perhaps a few others speculated that the 2010 would be the chip used based on our research on ABT's pages.

This information is by NO means confirmed.

Hopefully, we will know more within a week or two. I will do my best to confirm the chip number, but I will not open the receiver lest I void the warranty.
post #162 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post

I assume the 2010 came from the fact that I, and perhaps a few others speculated that the 2010 would be the chip used based on our research on ABT's pages.

This information is by NO means confirmed.

Hopefully, we will know more within a week or two. I will do my best to confirm the chip number, but I will not open the receiver lest I void the warranty.

CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM YAMAHA CANADA:
Hi ....,

We have received confirmation from Yamaha Japan Coroporation that the HTR-6290, RX-V1900 and RX-V3900 will pass full range wtw and btb. The RX-V3900 has the new ABT2010 chip and does overlay the OSD over HDMI.

Regards,

Mike ......
Yamaha Canada
post #163 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvbeethoven View Post

CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM YAMAHA CANADA:
Hi ....,

We have received confirmation from Yamaha Japan Coroporation that the HTR-6290, RX-V1900 and RX-V3900 will pass full range wtw and btb. The RX-V3900 has the new ABT2010 chip and does overlay the OSD over HDMI.

Regards,

Mike ......
Yamaha Canada

That's good to know. I shall be e-mailing Mike later today to ask when they will give the 1800/3800 the same capability (we really have to keep harassing them about this).

The 1900 is using the exact same HDMI chips as the 1800 (in fact the 1900 is basically just an 1800 with very minor differences).
post #164 of 6030
Regarding the Yamaha 1900 apart from the extras HDMI port and High Deff sounds (My PS3 doing the decoding) not much different from the Yamaha 1700?

There is no reason to update right?
post #165 of 6030
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter2000 View Post

Regarding the Yamaha 1900 apart from the extras HDMI port and High Deff sounds (My PS3 doing the decoding) not much different from the Yamaha 1700?

There is no reason to update right?

Not in my opinion, no.

Thank you very much beethoven, for that email from Yamaha Canada. While that could be wrong (communication being fallible,) it's the most reliable info we have up to now.

I am still mystified where all the 1900 owners are. AFAIK, it's been available for as much as three weeks! Maybe it works so well, no one is complaining, and therefore no one is posting.
post #166 of 6030
I just realized that in North America the 1900 has no USB port, but in the rest of the world it does. Check the UK product bulletin: http://www.yamaha-uk.com/pdf/product...s/RX-V1900.pdf

You'd think it would be easier for them to have just one version.
post #167 of 6030
Thread Starter 
You sure would think so. Design by committee?

Man, the fact that the 3900 should have the 2010 is great news. The only downside is that control over it is limited.

Which makes the Z7 such a great idea, IF you have that kind of spare money in this economy. For example, the ability to control noise reduction sounds like something you may want to do.

If you look at the Z7 manual, it shows how to create up to 6 video presets. It also looks like you can reference these on a per input basis. Not intuitive, but powerful enough to do some real video customization. It's almost 100% certain that this would have cost Yamaha nothing to add this to the 3900. But then they would have less to entice you to spend the extra for the Z9.
post #168 of 6030
Service Manual RX-V1900
Who will make detail comparison with RX-V1800?
post #169 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

That's good to know. I shall be e-mailing Mike later today to ask when they will give the 1800/3800 the same capability (we really have to keep harassing them about this).

I contacted their support this week and I was told they will not make fix for the x800 series because it is against the HDMI rules.
post #170 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lebowski View Post

I contacted their support this week and I was told they will not make fix for the x800 series because it is against the HDMI rules.

I've heard that a few times from them. But what if the clipping is fixed in the 1900, what's their argument then?
post #171 of 6030
For Canadians, the 1900 page is up at Yamaha.ca... you may additional info vs USA site.
http://www.yamaha.ca/av/Receivers/RXV1900.jsp
There's a link to the 3900 but no info yet.
http://www.yamaha.ca/av/Receivers/RXV3900.jsp

- Will
post #172 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

But what if the clipping is fixed in the 1900, what's their argument then?

That's exactly what I was implying. There is a paradox when they say HDMI rules prevent them from fixing the x800 series but obviously same does not prevent them to do it for the x900 series. Anyway message was clear that they will never make a fix for the x800 series.
post #173 of 6030
Well I will be joining you guys here shortly.

I just put down a deposit on the v3900 after much agony. I wanted the Z7 but since I alredy have The DVDO EDGE that uses the ABT2010 the extra money was a waste for eliminating one box.
post #174 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlm10541 View Post

Well I will be joining you guys here shortly.

I just put down a deposit on the v3900 after much agony. I wanted the Z7 but since I alredy have The DVDO EDGE that uses the ABT2010 the extra money was a waste for eliminating one box.

I ordered mine as well. Sound Advice/Tweeter said it should be in on 10/22. Also, I'm not sure what we can make out of this Japanese thread (unless any of you can read Japenese), but it seems to indicate that the 3900 contains the ABT 2010 chip (scroll down to the middle of the page and there is a picture of the ABT 2010 chip).
http://74.125.93.104/translate_c?hl=...USqN2Xg21JI8IQ
post #175 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamiabc View Post

I ordered mine as well. Sound Advice/Tweeter said it should be in on 10/22. Also, I'm not sure what we can make out of this Japanese thread (unless any of you can read Japenese), but it seems to indicate that the 3900 contains the ABT 2010 chip (scroll down to the middle of the page and there is a picture of the ABT 2010 chip).
[

Yes ABT2010 is in V3900 and z7 but "dumbed down" for the v3900
post #176 of 6030
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlm10541 View Post

Yes ABT2010 is in V3900 and z7 but "dumbed down" for the v3900

Control over the VPs processor is clearly more limited on the 3900 than the Z7. But there's no evidence the 3900's video processing will be different otherwise.
post #177 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post

Control over the VPs processor is clearly more limited on the 3900 than the Z7. But there's no evidence the 3900's video processing will be different otherwise.

It shouldn't be. Just less control as you say.
post #178 of 6030
Hopefully we'll all be hooking this one up by next weekend...hopefully.
post #179 of 6030
I'll be picking up my RX-V1900 this Thursday, so then I can tell you all about the Full Range RGB and passing of BTB.
post #180 of 6030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitron View Post

I'll be picking up my RX-V1900 this Thursday, so then I can tell you all about the Full Range RGB and passing of BTB.

Excellent, I look forward to hearing what you discover. Ideally the 1900 passes all levels, which also means Yamaha will have absolutely no argument for clipping in the 1800/3800.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › "Official" RX-V1900/RX-V3900 Thread